Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 12:53 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Lol you shut up too!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 12:57 pm
@Justcreepitreal,
Justcreepitreal wrote:

I am writing out of complete desperation.

<snip>

Any advice would be amazing.

I hope your counsellor is able to assist you.

Good luck.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 01:14 pm
@ehBeth,
i think you nailed it at "you are 22, you dont know everything"............we all remember being young and feeling like we did, and here we vividly see the cost of taking that too far. this girl does not have too little self esteem, she has too much, she cant allow herself to get to the point that has her as wrong because in her mind she cant be wrong.

i sympathize, but she is still wrong.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 01:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

i think you nailed it at "you are 22, you dont know everything"..

I think that might have been Mame. I don't believe I've commented on the OP's age.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2013 01:17 pm
@ehBeth,
damn, right.
angeleve

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 08:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
My other half is the same, dislikes his own family. I told him to stop being so ungrateful and stop acting like a little spoiled s***. I remind him of the good things they do for him. That usually diffuses the situation and lets him consider the positive side of them.

However if he does start having a go at me about it, I just tell him to deal with it cos I cant be asked to listen (as well as really don't care) which usually leads to him having a little strop and then apologising afterwards.

He is a lot more tolerant with them now with the exception of his sister. I think she screwed him over a few times due to her ditzy/forgetfulness so he'll never forgive her for that.

Don't know if this helps but it worked for me.
0 Replies