Topless and Nude Royal Photos

DrewDad

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 08:51 am
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
Topless and Nude Royal Photos

False advertising!

Seriously, though, you'd think that with all of the images on the Interwebz, people wouldn't need to seek out nude pictures of celebrities.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 09:01 am
@jcboy,
Quote:
Were it not for the paparazzi, Prince William's mother would be alive today.

That was only one of the factors that results in her death.

A driver with a BAC far far higher then .08 and not wearing a seat belt in the back of the car were some of the others factors.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 09:21 am
@ehBeth,
hawkeye10 wrote:
so what is the rule.....we can only take photos on property that we own? are you ready to lay charges on Google Earth for instance?
Yes. If I don't give my allowance they can't (and don't) show me, my house, my ground ....
Green Witch

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 12:20 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Dick Cheney is a big black blob on Google. His property, not his face.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 01:43 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
. I approve of their muscular legal response and I also think they should own it and say "we're newlyweds on vacation on a private balcony so get over it."

They have owned it by saying exactly that. No one is saying she should be ashamed of herself for taking off her top when she had every reason to believe she was in a private situation with her husband. She behaved in a perfectly normal manner, given her expectation of privacy in that particular situation.

I guess in the future she will be more paranoid, and less relaxed and spontaneous with her husband, when they are in any outdoor setting, because she'll be aware some voyeur with a high-powered telephoto lens could be lurking a half mile away.

But, after reading a description of what's in one of those magazines, beside just the photos, it's clear the intent is to embarrass and humiliate her in a way that's not so lightly tossed off. From what I've read, the photos in one rag are accompanied by comments from a plastic surgeon discussing whether her boobs are natural or surgically enhanced, with remarks about their shape when she leans forward, and how the shape changes when she leans back. And, after apparently pronouncing them natural, this alleged doctor says they aren't all that good and that pregnancy will ruin them. I don't wonder that the Royals' lawyer carried on in court that they are treating her like an object--and using surreptitiously obtained photos to do that. She's being subjected to very humiliating treatment in these rag magazines.

They do need as muscular a legal response as possible.

0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 03:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Diana would have amounted to nothing with out the paparazzi.

Are you kidding?

What's your definition of "amounting to nothing". She was a member of the British nobility before ever marrying Prince Charles, and, had she not married him, she probably would have married someone else from the same social circle, and level of British society she moved in, and lived a posh, and comfortable, and private existence, which would have allowed her to pursue her own interests, rather than having to focus on satisfying the demands dictated by a Royal public existence.

And, if her marriage to Prince Charles hadn't ended in divorce, she would have become the Queen of England, even if the paparazzi had totally ignored her. What's your idea of "amounting to something" if that isn't it--and that's not determined by the media, it would have been determined by her marriage to a King.

Diana was hounded by the paparazzi as soon as they sensed she was involved with Prince Charles, and she clearly hated it from the getgo. Sure, later, really much much later, she learned to use the media to her advantage, but it was mainly to defend herself from the Royals who were trying to trash her image at that point. But mainly the paparazzi and the tabloid press were using her all along--she made for good copy, and photos, she helped them to sell their rag sheets, and they used her to the hilt.

And they literally hounded her until death--by taking and publishing photos of her dying in that car, after they had pursued that car into the tunnel, which was the reason her drunk driver was speeding when he entered the tunnel and hit that column--he was trying to keep the paparazzi away from her.

Without the paparazzi, she'd probably be alive today.

Fortunately, Kate Middleton is considerably older and more mature than Diana was when she became a Royal. Kate also dated the Prince for a very, very long time, which allowed her to adjust to what her life would become after her marriage, so she's probably less emotionally vulnerable to the paparazzi onslaught than Diana, and she seems to have a more genuinely supportive husband than Diana did. And maybe all of those factors will help William and Kate to draw a firmer line with the paparazzi craziness.

Regardless of your personal view of the monarchy, it represents something of enduring historical and traditional value in Britain, and a consistency of identifiable national image that we just don't have in this country. Just consider how many Prime Ministers and U.S. Presidents the Queen has seen come and go, while she's remained the one most stable, and identifiable personification of her country, and it's people, and their history. Her image, and person, embodies a great deal

The Royals aren't really "celebrities" or analogous to Hollywood stars, or just pitchmen for the British tourist industry, as you have been suggesting. They really occupy their own niche, and I'm not sure that those of us on the other side of the pond can really understand that. And when the future Queen of England is humiliated, and treated in a downright disrespectful manner, it's not just a personal insult--it becomes much closer to being a national insult, or a deliberate slap at the monarchy, particularly when it's coming from publications with ties to people who seem to have had grudges with the Queen.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 03:41 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
i'd much rather see topless pics of Knox, she was a cute little murderess

Stop lying, scumbag. She's never harmed anyone.

Try to keep in mind that you answer to Karma too.
oralloy

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 03:43 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
I think it is a shame it happened

Karma can be ruthless when it needs to be. This is nothing compared to what the UK did to Amanda Knox.
djjd62

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 03:47 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Try to keep in mind that you answer to Karma too.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ef/Karma_in_uniform.jpg
i'd like to see her topless too

if she was real
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 04:16 pm
@oralloy,
So you're punishing the whole of the UK for what happened to A. Knox? The whole of the UK wasn't even a) aware or b) involved. Over-reaction on your part. Blanket blame. Grow up, dude.

I totally agree with edgar's post.
firefly

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 04:32 pm
@Mame,
And the tabloid press in the U.S. and Europe, weren't any better than the tabloid press in the U.K. in how they treated Knox.

The Italian justice system really wasn't fair to Knox, and that's where the blame belongs regarding her ordeal.
oralloy

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 06:09 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
So you're punishing the whole of the UK for what happened to A. Knox?

I'm not punishing anyone. Karma is taking care of itself.

Mame wrote:
The whole of the UK wasn't even a) aware or b) involved. Over-reaction on your part. Blanket blame.

They've done little to rectify the damage that their countrymen have done, if they truly do not support the actions of their countrymen.

Mame wrote:
Grow up, dude.

I did that a long time ago.

Mame wrote:
I totally agree with edgar's post.

I am not sure which post you are referring to.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 06:11 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
And the tabloid press in the U.S. and Europe, weren't any better than the tabloid press in the U.K. in how they treated Knox.

Actually, I've never seen any reference to US tabloids covering the issue.

But some of our legitimate media (Newsweek and the Seattle Post-Intelligencer) did the tabloid media's job for them. Perhaps both those publications should be regarded as tabloids.

However, the UK media was much much worse.

firefly wrote:
The Italian justice system really wasn't fair to Knox, and that's where the blame belongs regarding her ordeal.

There is blame there as well, but the lies printed in the media, are the fault of the media.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 06:22 pm
Personally I couldn't care less about the royals or their tits.

It's all just a storm in an A Cup.

I see Orallie learned a new word today.
BillRM

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 06:39 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Quote:
It's all just a storm in an A Cup.

My wife comment was that she sure in is not pregnancy with those breasts. Drunk
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 10:24 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:
I see Orallie

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own dishonesty.

eurocelticyankee wrote:
learned a new word today.

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own stupidity.
firefly

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 10:45 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own dishonesty...
You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own stupidity.

You trash shouldn't run around falsely assuming that you're better than anyone else.
JTT

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 11:06 am
@firefly,
Quote:
You trash shouldn't run around falsely assuming that you're better than anyone else.

Excellent advice, FF.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 11:42 am
@oralloy,
The letter on the street today is L ..... L. http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSU_7K2RO0wLJ47fBDEGtiBrcM3pch5JbAurPRaUMWNkU40egBpKQ

I'll be checking in on you later Orallie to see what your new word for today is.
JTT

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 11:59 am
@oralloy,
You are so delusional, Oralboy, that you can't see how hypocritical you are.

Obviously, this is a feature of all people, in all lands, but events have transpired that simply makes it stand out so starkly for Americans.

It didn't when nobody talked about them, 'them' being the war crimes, the terrorism, but now that the cat is out of the bag, so to speak, virtually everything that issues from the mouth of an American seems like stunning hypocrisy.

It's as though folks are walking through the alley of the Potemkin village, seeing clearly the deceptions, but still they remark on the beautiful false fronts.

Really, it's nothing short of phantasmagorical.