Topless and Nude Royal Photos

Rockhead

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 03:18 am
@oralloy,
you mean us trash, that you are the better of?

go pound sand...
izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 03:46 am
@Rockhead,
Oralboy is salutory lesson in the dangers of too shallow a gene pool.
oralloy

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 03:55 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Instead of running around calling people names, you two should consider maybe coming up with an intelligible argument and trying to defend it.

Maybe a novel idea, but give it a try and see if it works.

go pound sand...

Guess it was too much to ask of you.
oralloy

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 03:56 am
@izzythepush,
izzytheNazi wrote:
Oralboy is salutory lesson in the dangers of too shallow a gene pool.

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own inbred stupidity.
0 Replies

carolgreen616

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 07:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
with the nude photos of Prince Harry--he was at a party, he knew there were other people in the room with him.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 08:10 pm
@carolgreen616,
carolgreen616 wrote:

with the nude photos of Prince Harry--he was at a party, he knew there were other people in the room with him.

With Kate--she was mostly naked in viewing distance of a public road, she should have assumed that a photog was on it working.
BillRM

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 09:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
With Kate--she was mostly naked in viewing distance of a public road, she should have assumed that a photog was on it working.

Viewing distant with a super long telephoto lens and then even so the distant was so long the pictures was not high quality.

I did a fast check and the claims I found place this 'viewing' distance as 800 M or 2400 feet or a little less then half a mile.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 10:49 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
That wasn't the case with the nude photos of Prince Harry--he was at a party, he knew there were other people in the room with him.

Hmmm.....
firefly

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 09:07 am
One man's defense/explanation for publishing the photos.
Quote:
Topless Kate Middleton: why Channel 8's empire publicised a royal boob
Our media commentator gets his teeth into privacy issues – and blames the duchess for the racy exposures
Rupert Sawyer
guardian.co.uk,
Friday 21 September 2012

To: all staff, Channel 8

Subject: Privacy and the role of the press

The issue of press intrusion into the private lives of common folk has once again reared its ugly head in the past week – most notably in the case of the daughter of two flight attendants from Berkshire, better known to most of us as Kate Middleton.

Of course, unlike the sanctimonious tabloids (and "bored" sheets, like the Guardian) that have spent seven days condemning the French, the Swedish, the Danish and the Irish while writing relentless stories that include the keywords "Kate Middleton", "topless", "nude" and "photos" to deliberately attract disappointed red-blooded readers to their rags, my publications have had the courage to print the royally racy photos on the front page – and hang the consequences.

Like any decision made at this level, it was not one taken lightly – after all, pap shots of the Queen-in-waiting-in-not-very-much are not cheap. But of course there is always an ethical question when a publication chooses to put famous flesh to paper (not literally, that would be abhorrent), and I'd like to talk you – my staff – through my thinking.

In short, privacy does not exist in the 21st century. This is a price we pay for having the Facebook and online Scrabble games at our fingertips via the shape of the information super highway. Whereas once a hard-working celebrity could happily indulge in the services of a discreet lady of the night and/or rent boy while hoovering up cocaine in the privacy of their home with a relatively low chance of being exposed, now everyone around them has the ability to document such events and publish them to the world as it happens. We don't need the News of the World to follow people around in 2012 to get a scoop, because there's plenty of money grabbing "friends" willing to hang their "celebrated" associates out to dry.

But what has this got to do with paparazzi photographers snapping Kate Middleton over a fence, Rupert, I hear you ask. Well, it's simple – once we accept privacy does not and cannot exist in 2012, everything becomes fair game, not exclusively, but especially, if it's in the public interest. And considering the response to Boobgate, I think it's fairly clear that the public are interested in seeing candid pictures of our Royal Family.

The Sun justified running pictures of Prince Harry with his crown jewels on display by claiming that he was at a party with people in possession of cameras, therefore he was exposing himself (if you'll excuse the pun) to coverage of this sort. They also suggested that because the images were circulating on the internet, it was reasonable to publish the pictures in the paper. However, they stopped short of running the pics of Kate. Why?

In my mind, if someone is aware that they are in the public eye and then choose to sunbathe topless outside in an age where they are also aware that long lens cameras exist, they are as good as in public. There is only one way to ensure that those pictures never make it into the press, and it's not injunctions, the courts or the PCC … it's simply a bikini top, or an indoor sunbed.

As a senior member of the media elite, I am aware that my competitors are always after a compromising picture of me – that's why I don't walk around on my balcony in Ha Noi with my dungeon gear on or a thousand dong note hanging out of my nose. I keep my private life private, behind one-way glass in my futuristic laser-guarded Victorian-style orangery – and that, because of the precautions I take, is where it stays.

If your computer gets a virus, but you're not running anti-virus software, who is to blame? You are, because you've not taken reasonable steps to protect yourself against something you know is out there. In the same way, if you're famous and you don't want to be photographed – you have two options: don't go outside, or only go out with a bag over your head. It's not rocket science, case closed.

Therefore, as the media circus continues to condemn things they desperately want to publish, but are too afraid too – we here at Channel 8 Corp can hold our heads high. We have given the people what they want – and as you can see, the ethical foundations of our business are solid and unshaken by this madness.

If you have any questions, you're clearly too stupid to understand common sense.

Best wishes,

Your moral guardian and superior life form, Rupert

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/sep/21/topless-kate-middleton-channel-8?newsfeed=true
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 09:18 am
@firefly,
You noticed that "Channel 8" is satirical as are its "CEO's" 'Rupert Sawyer' comments in the Guardian?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 09:24 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Its arguement, that Kate was reckless and no cause for complain of the consequences of that recklessness, is very common.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 09:48 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
you two should consider maybe coming up with an intelligible argument and trying to defend it.

Rocky doesn't do arguments or discussion. He's fairly regular with intelligent quips but that's about it.

But why, oh why oh why would you be asking anyone to bother coming up with an intelligent argument just to meet your shlock is beyond me, Oralboy. All you ever do is stamp your feet and spew Uncle Sam's jism.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 10:32 am
@oralloy,
the wonderful carolgreen145/carolgreen616/carolgreen876 pulls bits of posts from all over the site and then throws then semi-randomly into random threads

kinda bizarre

seems a bit Space Odyssey sometimes
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 10:52 am
it's no surprise there were eventually topless pics of Kate Middleton, her name is an anagram for naked tit model

firefly

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 11:03 am
@Walter Hinteler,
He's good, isn't he? Smile
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 12:34 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
it's no surprise there were eventually topless pics of Kate Middleton, her name is an anagram for naked tit model

Two bad that no pictures of Diana breasts floating out there as they seems to had been far more interesting then Kate.

I remember before her royal wedding she would wear very low cut dresses and the photogs the little dears would take up high positions and shot their pictures downward for some reason!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 02:02 am
@BillRM,
Respect the dead Bill.

She was trying to find herself and had a "professional" photo shoot AFTER her Divorce..

Now look who he has married..........the woman he would want to be a tampon for.............
BillRM

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 08:30 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Thinking that Diana had a killer body is not disrespecting the dead and the one groups of photos and videos that took my breathe away as well as millions of other men was shot in 1981 when she was appearing at the Royal Opera with Charles as his wife to be for the first time.

The Daily mail had a headline at the time that took note of the lady dress and what she was showing and Charles as he helped her out of the car said something to the effect that you guys are in for a treat.

As far as Charles long term mistress now wife it is surely not her looks but then again my own wife keep telling me that I am wrong in her being the most beautiful and desirable woman ever born but that what my eyes are showing me so I can only assume that Charles is seeing his now wife through the same filter of a man in love with his woman.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 11:21 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
The Daily mail had a headline at the time that took note of the lady dress and what she was showing and Charles as he helped her out of the car said something to the effect that you guys are in for a treat.

she was an emotional mess later in life and not too bright, but she did like to please men. Charles was too much of an idiot to appreciate her, and she spiraled out of control after that.

I would rather remember her for who she was rather than sign on to the "diana was a victim" fable which has taken hold. she was in charge of her life and her emotional health, and she did a very poor job managing both.
JTT

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 11:46 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
she was in charge of her life and her emotional health, and she did a very poor job managing both.

You just repeat these old pieces of propaganda/these old wives tales/these memes gleaned from some gossip rags with wild abandon, don't you, Hawk. And then you try to pass this off as some sort of wisdom.

People with mental problems have no more control over them than they would over cancer or other serious illness.