Do you like McDonalds

Leadfoot

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 09:48 am
Screw this old click bait. I love McD's.
I look forward to road trips just so I have a good reason to go there.

A friend of mine wanted to show me what fine food was really like so he treated me at this high end Tapas restaurant. The tab came to over $120 not including the $80 bottle of wine. I would rather have had a Quarter Pounder (no cheese).

Even some high rollers like McDonalds..
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Sat 6 Feb, 2016 09:50 am
Nop, Mak burgers are to sweet or something, I just don't quite like them enough. In turn I love Burger King...rarely can indulge in eating one cause cholesterol is a tid bit high.
tsarstepan

Tue 1 Mar, 2016 01:57 pm
McDonald’s Clarifies It’s Not Selling Horse Burgers in Kazakhstan
http://i68.tinypic.com/xvzh5.png
cicerone imposter

Tue 1 Mar, 2016 03:45 pm
@tsarstepan,
I've been to Kazakhstan, but more precisely the three "stans" in that part of the world - in the steps of the Silk Road.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 1 Mar, 2016 03:51 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
In turn I love Burger King...rarely can indulge in eating one cause cholesterol is a tid bit high.
And THAT'S a reason not to?

Trading a couple of years for a lifetime of carefree consumption of my favorite stuff is a no-brainer. Besides, the science guys are finally getting the message that your lifespan is more or less written in your DNA.
cicerone imposter

Tue 1 Mar, 2016 03:56 pm
@Leadfoot,
I'm with you! Not only in our DNA, but other factors are also important. We never know when we'll get killed in our car, crossing the street, health problems, or in an airplane. I believe in moderation, and not restriction.
My motto is, enjoy life to the fullest.
Leadfoot

Tue 1 Mar, 2016 04:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Roger that CI.
farmerman

Tue 1 Mar, 2016 07:14 pm
@Leadfoot,
when Im in the Northern Tiers, I long for a McD's. Most of the rotgut bars and side road food shacks serve mostly road-kill and cover it with some kinda cheese-like substance.
At least McD's is consistent (except for the damn units in Downeast Maine that try to feature something they call "lobster Rolls").

McD's needs a minimum population for the business plans to work because selling stuff by the piece needs to be carefully traffic-analyzed before siting a restaurant.

ossobuco

Tue 1 Mar, 2016 08:00 pm
@farmerman,
My memory re what I have read about cholesterol in one's body is that most of that is a genetic feature, aka, one is born with a cholesterol plan. On the other hand, I haven't read up lately. I gather, though, that the proportions of 'bad and good' chol can change.

I have a delicious burger once every few months at a good restaurant, Indigo Crow, and have a salad and nice glass of red with it - and am not sorry about it at all.

I don't like well done burgers, and most fast or med fast food places in the U.S. won't spring for good meat to grind in their kitchen, thus fear of the pathogenic e.coli (I forget the number) makes them overcook the burger no matter one's pleas.
0 Replies

panzade

Wed 2 Mar, 2016 01:35 am
just saw an ad for 2 Big Macs for $5.
A hot and fresh one is a sublime treat.
I think it's the special sauce.
Fil Albuquerque

Wed 2 Mar, 2016 04:38 am
Nop to sweat...but love burguer king.
ossobuco

Wed 2 Mar, 2016 07:48 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I used to like Burger King's fish sandwiches, but it's been years since I've been to one. Hmmm..
0 Replies

engineer

Wed 2 Mar, 2016 07:51 am
@panzade,
Many years ago I worked for McD and people would come in and ask what was on the Big Mac. I can still here the song in my head...

Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onion on a sesame seed bun.

I didn't sing it, I would just say it, but I think I shocked people
Leadfoot

Wed 2 Mar, 2016 08:05 am
@farmerman,
Yes, the consistency is a key ingredient. Only exception I found was a McD in Belgium. I couldn't recognize what they served but it was inedible.
0 Replies

ginagreen

Sun 4 Jun, 2017 08:16 pm
@1truepicture,
Yep, I prefer the Mcdonalds to KFC. The environment is much comfortable than others, and more delicious than others. I love it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 4 Jun, 2017 08:20 pm
@engineer,
Had a Big Mac last week for the first time in ages. It was pretty good, though I really prefer to have a kiddie burger dressed as a Big Mac. The friend I was with told me she bought the Mac sauce that's out now. She says you have to warm it slightly and then it tastes just like the real thing. The McD's fries were not as good as I remember them Crying or Very sad
ehBeth

Sun 4 Jun, 2017 08:23 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
The fries were as good as ever

what happened to their fries in a year and a half?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 4 Jun, 2017 08:23 pm
All fast food places operate on the fact that humans crave fat and salt, whether or not their diet needs these components.

It's a winning business plan based on biology.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 4 Jun, 2017 08:38 pm
@ehBeth,
somebody told me that Burger King fries are awesome. I dont eat at Burger King, (or McD's) any more, that phase of my life is totally another time and weight division.

I ate at PF Changs twice in two weeks and Im starting to worry about them. (They are the best goddam Chinese chain restaurants out there, but are so loaded with garlic and fried hot peppers and orange sauces that Im afraid to ask about the caloric content. ) Its gotta be huge.
Finn dAbuzz

Sun 4 Jun, 2017 08:43 pm
@farmerman,
The best chain Chinese place is faint praise, but their food is generally OK, but eating at any of their places is akin to having a nice meal with friends or family at Grand Central Station. The din is unbearable.