Do you like McDonalds

gungasnake

Sun 4 Jun, 2017 09:19 pm
When McDonald's first came into existence, its food was fast, cheap, and simple. None of that applies anymore. I won't eat at McDonald's anymore. In the last days in which I ever did, my usual experience was getting to be standing in line for 10 or 12 minutes with no more than three or four people in line in front of me before getting disgusted and leaving. It had gotten to the point that I could do better walking into any grocery store and simply finding things which didn't require being cooked in order to eat.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 4 Jun, 2017 09:26 pm
We go to McDonalds once in a great while to enjoy their senior coffee.
0 Replies

chai2

Mon 5 Jun, 2017 03:01 pm
Yum.

McGentrix

Mon 5 Jun, 2017 03:44 pm
@chai2,
That bald head gives him an air of believable bullshit. He is smooth and charming and telling you exactly what your anti-McDonald's mind wants to hear.

But, like most bullshit, he is hip dip in his own bullshit. You see, he offers ZERO evidence of anything he says. Instead, he plays on your fear.

If you believe this guy, I don't possibly see how you eat anything at all...

Here's How McDonald's Makes Its French Fries

Do yourself a favor and watch. Quit believing what bald freaks try to tell you.
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 5 Jun, 2017 04:34 pm
@McGentrix,
Bald guys often make a nice living spewing bullshit about this or that that is lapped up my morons. The age of the Internet has only made it worse.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 5 Jun, 2017 05:39 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I had one of my wngineers contact a Changs regional orifice and he mde a proposal on that very thing (Sound and noise control). The acoustics of the design that Chang uses is done as model . They have ttempted to create a "forbidden City" dsign. Its crap I know. We got a contract to do a feasibility and they had asked for a followup and then my acoustics guy was hired by Chang's (NO ****)-so we were doing something right.
I agree, the din is awful
ossobucotemp

Mon 5 Jun, 2017 05:50 pm
@farmerman,
I remember well some of our trips to LA's chinatown's bestest dim sum place. I found it a madhouse, and I don't think I was yet hard of hearing in those years.
Sort of a force between extraordinary aggravation and wonderful food.
I remember that once there were eight of us around a circular table and it was like a bad tennis match to talk, not just for me, but all.

On the other hand, there is a good place right near us here in New Mexico - they must agree on serenity and good cooking.
0 Replies

chai2

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 10:38 am
@McGentrix,
Thanks.
I now know not to take a person (the guy in the video asked what would happen to him) and shoot them through a potato cannon at 60-70 mph, spray the remains with dextrose, which is chemically identical to glucose, and then shove the remains through a flash freezer. This video reminded me of the trip to back of the grocery store they gave my kindergarden class, or the one to the dairy farm.

No mention of what happens after the potatoes are dug up, but before they are shipped to the factory.

For what it's worth, I don't have any problems finding plenty of food to eat that's not processed, or minimally processed, and no I'm not a vegan/vegetarian.

0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 12:43 pm
Thats the reason I quit entirely. In the past year, with a diet that removed everything "WHITE" from my diet an removal of pizza (except for 2 slices each mont) AND a total exclusion of Fast Food places (ANY place where you have to look up to read the menu) Ive lost almost 50 pounds and am back to a nice 34" wait.My wife says Im now a nice"reach around" hug
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 12:55 pm
@farmerman,
I went on a gluten restricted diet a few years back and lost 40 pounds and felt a lot better, but I also reduced my portion sizes and gave up the ghost of my Dad telling me I had to always clean my plate.
chai2

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 01:13 pm
@farmerman,
Same here farmer...except more cutting out all carbs besides above the ground vegetables.

I shared in my "there's how many carbs in that?" thread something about McDonalds.

I was visiting shewolf, and at the beginning of the hour long ride home realized I was very hungry. This was before I had turned into a fat burning machine where even if I get hungry, it's a different feeling entirely.

It was pretty late at night, and not a lot of options on the road I was on. So I stopped at McD and got 2 of their mcdoubles (I think they're called), taking off the buns.

It was then I realized that without the bun, their meat product really tasted like crap. I only ate it because of hunger. Don't know exactly how to describe it. Rubbery, kind of dry but greasy at the same time, not any taste to speak of to identify it as beef as opposed to some other meat. Salty of course, which was not an issue, but salty passed the point of enhancing the taste.

If for some reason I had to do that today, I would just get one little hamburger and eat the patty to just get home. Seriously, thank goodness I can wait now.

The next time someone goes to McDonalds, take the meat off the bun and eat it separately, really thinking about the taste. It's not something you'd probably choose to make in your home, and if you were at a restaurant and they gave you that piece of meat on your plate, you wouldn't be happy.

When I eat something, I want every component of it to taste good.
chai2

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 01:16 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I went on a gluten restricted diet a few years back and lost 40 pounds and felt a lot better, but I also reduced my portion sizes and gave up the ghost of my Dad telling me I had to always clean my plate.

One of the most interesting things about cutting all the carbs (keto) is the fact I don't need to purposefully cut portions. In the middle of a meal I can just stop eating because I'm satiated, and walk away.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 01:24 pm
@chai2,
I get that. I was often eating beyond the point of fullness so as to not "waste food." Starving kids in China and all that.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 01:52 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
portion control is also a big thing. Restqurants actully serve you three meals in one portion.

Dont it feel great without carrying those three bowling balls around??
farmerman

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 01:54 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
besides above the ground vegetables.
I couldnt live without tmaters and sugar pod peas, lettuce, and yellow beans.
Those are all above ground veggies. Dont tell me theres something rong with em.
roger

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 03:34 pm
@farmerman,
What about canned vegetables? Read the label and discover that a 14oz can of green beans contains 3 1/2 servings. What are you supposed to do with the final one half serving, considering you seldom have 1/2 a dinner guest.

Yeah, I know most people here would sooner starve than by a can of anything.
ossobucotemp

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 03:40 pm
@roger,
Hey, wait, I buy canned tomatoes (italian San Marzanos, natch), which I then oven roast (there's a Martha Stewart recipe, easy).
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 03:44 pm
@farmerman,
Absolutely!! I got down to a 32 " waist!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 03:52 pm
@roger,
Include a child with half the appetite of an adult. Wink
ossobucotemp

Tue 6 Jun, 2017 04:02 pm
@farmerman,
Hey, what a group of weight losers..
I'm down to 131, just where I was in my 20's, and I don't want to go lower, girl needs some fat. My carbs are mostly vegetables but I do still make my own italian sourdough bread off and on and once in a while relent at the market.

We used to have a thread, forget the title, where we said our weights, how we were doing, all doing differing modes of action. Joe Nation was there, Jespah, me, forever stuck at 142 or 143, and I do mean forever, at least a year or two. I've long been a believer in slow weight loss, but I've read sometimes the opposite can work. In my case, it's been a slow slide from a high of the 180's in ?2004? to now.

I had been a chub only periodically, stress related, but that last 180 scared the dickens out of me.