Do you like McDonalds

ossobuco

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 12:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Well, some bathrooms I've been in would send men into dismay too.. the Tijuana bull ring back in 1966 comes to mind. But I suppose you're right.
Irishk

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 12:02 pm
We pulled into one recently on a road trip because I wanted to try their Mocha Frappe. I got a medium size for under $3 and it lasted about 4 hours. Very rich (probably the whipped cream/chocolate syrup topping)!
Linkat

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 12:10 pm
@Irishk,
Speaking of coffee at McDonalds - we had some school concert or some such school (boring) thing to go to. We had to feed the kids so we brought them to McD. I just wanted a plain old iced coffee with cream - nothing else.

So I get the food, sit the kiddies down and begin to drink my coffee - yeck sugar.

So I go up and explain - I just want an iced coffee, no sugar, just cream - get it back again - there is some sort of flavoring in it - not sure maybe mocha or something, but it is sweet. They looked at me baffled - like they couldn't understand that someone would not want sugar or their various flavors in their coffee.

Finally they get it right - after the kids are done eating and we needed to leave - what is so damn hard about my order?
Irishk

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 12:24 pm
@Linkat,
Ha! I decided to stretch my luck by inquiring if there was a sugar-free decaf version available. Her eyes kind of glassed over. Very Happy
Linkat

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 12:42 pm
@Irishk,
And this is what happens here in the US if you screw with a McD's employee...

A cashier at a New York fast food restaurant has been charged with felony assault for beating two unruly customers with a metal object during an argument, after cell phone video captured a scene in which one customer climbs across the counter in an apparent attempt to reach the store employee.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/15/justice/new-york-fast-food-beating/index.html?iref=obinsite

Yes usually they McD's does not hire the brightest bulbs...
0 Replies

George

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 02:01 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
. . . the Tijuana bull ring back in 1966 comes to mind. . .
!
Green Witch

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 02:21 pm
@Linkat,
I've had this problem too and it's flavored corn syrup, not sugar, in the iced coffee. When I order I say "Medium iced coffee, black, NO SWEETENER. They still get it wrong about 50% of the time. I was told that is how they are trained to make it and it's hard to break with what is drummed into them. No wonder so many people have diabetes.
ossobuco

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 02:24 pm
@George,
Yes, indeed. A bunch of us went to visit a friend's family and also to see El Cordobes fight. Interestingly miserable day, that was. The fight itself was problematic for such as me, not just because El Cordobes did poorly, and you could say the ladies' room topped that off, sort of a coup de grace.
Linkat

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 02:30 pm
@Green Witch,
Funny the second time around or was it the third - I explained - no syrup, sugar or any sort of sweetner. I got a puzzled look like what I would have expected if I was at some sort of high priced swanky place and asked for A-1 sauce for my steak.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 02:53 pm
Quote:
Do you like McDonalds
I like McDONALD's case against CHICAGO.

David
roger

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 03:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Jesus Christ, Dave! There's no limit, is there.
Green Witch

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 04:40 pm
@roger,
There is the Japanese word otaku that means someone is consumed by an obsession. It is used to indicate a person is so obsessed that they can only see the world in relationship to what they are obsessed with. The otaku is constantly look for ways to link their obsession with everything that touches their life. Usually they are oblivious to how obsessed they are. I think of that word when I think of David and his gun fetish.
roger

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 05:12 pm
@Green Witch,
I guess. I own, well, more than one handgun, and the issue is important enough to have significance at election time. I don't feel obliged to drag it into a Big Mac discussion.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 05:34 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
Jesus Christ, Dave! There's no limit, is there.
Its unlimited, Roger,
the same as the right to have an opinion: ". . . shall not be infringed."

David
hawkeye10

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 05:46 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

There is the Japanese word otaku that means someone is consumed by an obsession. It is used to indicate a person is so obsessed that they can only see the world in relationship to what they are obsessed with. The otaku is constantly look for ways to link their obsession with everything that touches their life. Usually they are oblivious to how obsessed they are. I think of that word when I think of David and his gun fetish.

So, the American Revolutionists were otaku....wait, are you trying to insinuate that this is a bad thing without actually having the guts to say that it is a bad thing? .... Applying a coat of slime on David with stealth so that you hopefully dont get caught in your ill deed?
OmSigDAVID

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 05:47 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
There is the Japanese word otaku that means someone is consumed by an obsession.
It sounds like a good word, GW.
Thank u for it.

Green Witch wrote:
It is used to indicate a person is so obsessed that they can only see the world in relationship to what they are obsessed with.
The otaku is constantly look for ways to link their obsession with everything that touches their life.
I recognize myself in that.

Green Witch wrote:
Usually they are oblivious to how obsessed they are.
I knew it while I was lying in bed remembering
the revolvers that I saw on the hips of NYC police, when I was 3.
That happened a lot.

Green Witch wrote:
I think of that word when I think of David and his gun fetish.
I already have plenty of guns.
I have for a long time.
I yearn for all of my fellow citizens to bear arms again.
That will promote Individualism in the polity.

David
tsarstepan

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 07:36 pm
@Green Witch,
Not to burst your bubble Green Witch but if you ever come to NYC, I wouldn't rely too heavily on the McDonald's bathrooms being clean.

Best bets are Barnes and Nobles or Starbucks.
tsarstepan

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 07:45 pm
@1truepicture,
The last time I ate at a McD's was 20 October, 2010 when I went to Washington, DC for the the Jon Stewart Rally for Restore Sanity.

Not being familiar with the city, getting off the bus at about 3 or 4 in the morning, I had little recourse to eat there for breakfast.

Prior to that, the last time I ate there was some months after seeing Super Size Me in 2004.

They don't have the best hamburgers in the city and their fries are addictive so why bother going there. I have several better places here in NYC to get my much needed burger fix.
0 Replies

jjorge

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 07:54 pm
@ossobuco,
@osso
You saw El Cordobes'?
The most famous and bravest matador of the modern era?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZNZqATYesw
Lustig Andrei

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 07:56 pm
@1truepicture,
Oh, you're all talking about McDonald's food.

It sucks.

I'm a daily customer at my local McD's. It's directly across the street from the apartment house I'm dwelling in. They have free wi-fi for their customers. I just load my lap-top into its carrying bag, saunter across the street, order a small coffee (.72 cents for seniors like me, with unlimited free refills), set up my 'puter and while away at least a couple of hours, sipping (virtually) free coffee.

On rare occasions (extremely rare), if I get really hungry and don't feel like going back across the street to fix myself a proper meal, I might order a Big Mac. It's not too bad. As others have pointed out, the fries ('chips' to our Brit friends) are pretty good, compared to many other places.

Do I like McDonald's? Not particularly. But I love the wi-fi connection. Incidentally, that's where I'm posting this from -- the Downtown Hilo McDonald's, corner of Haili St. and Kino'ole Ave.