Do you like McDonalds

ossobuco

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 07:58 pm
@jjorge,
Yes, but he wasn't at his best. The crowd hurled pillows at him...

I felt bad for the bull (I thankfully forget the details). I'm not really sure if it was '66 or maybe '67; also saw Dominguin in Mexico City, early seventies, I think. Those bathrooms were better, heh.
0 Replies

George

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 08:08 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
. . . Incidentally, that's where I'm posting this from -- the Downtown Hilo
McDonald's, corner of Haili St. and Kino'ole Ave.
Tried the Spam?
Lustig Andrei

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 08:11 pm
@George,
George wrote:

Lustig Andrei wrote:
. . . Incidentally, that's where I'm posting this from -- the Downtown Hilo
McDonald's, corner of Haili St. and Kino'ole Ave.
Tried the Spam?

Nah. Saving that for breakfast, George. Goes well with the deviled eggs.
0 Replies

Roberta

Wed 19 Oct, 2011 02:11 am
I've never eaten at McDonald's.

I tried Burger King once.

Embarrassed
Lustig Andrei

Wed 19 Oct, 2011 02:13 am
@Roberta,
Y'ain't missed much, kiddo.
0 Replies

Linkat

Wed 19 Oct, 2011 07:06 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Well that proves Green Witch's theory.

Although David's love of guns is endearing.
0 Replies

Linkat

Wed 19 Oct, 2011 07:07 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Well one thing you can say for yourself, David - is you are self-aware.
0 Replies

Linkat

Wed 19 Oct, 2011 07:08 am
@tsarstepan,
Even better (and true in any city) - the best bathrooms to use when in a city is to go to the nicest hotel in the area.
ossobuco

Wed 19 Oct, 2011 09:50 am
@Linkat,
I agree with that. I suppose it depends on one's appearance.
0 Replies

Irishk

Wed 19 Oct, 2011 10:03 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
I've had this problem too and it's flavored corn syrup, not sugar, in the iced coffee.
All I know is it was so over-poweringly sweetened it made your teeth ache. I think that's why it lasted so long...you could only take very small sips, plus the sweetness kind of wiped out any taste of actual coffee (the 'mocha' part which is what I like best).

I'm going to try making my own....ditching the sweetened whipped cream and using maybe a quarter amount of the chocolate syrup.
Linkat

Wed 19 Oct, 2011 10:16 am
@Irishk,
Yes - I like that - coffee with just a little squirt of chocolate syrup - not too sweet, but gives that subtle taste of chocolate.
Irishk

Wed 19 Oct, 2011 10:47 am
@Linkat,
The McDonald's Mocha Frappe is made with 'shaved' ice...keeps it really cold for a long time. My blender will only kind of 'crush' the ice, but a tip I read online is to freeze the coffee in ice-cube trays. Brilliant!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Wed 19 Oct, 2011 02:06 pm
@tsarstepan,
Tsar, I basically grew up in NYC, went to NYU and worked on Wall St , I still visit a few times a year. I think McD's bathrooms are paradise compared to most NY bathrooms, exceptions being the better hotels like the Plaza and stores like Saks. I've never pee'd at Starbucks or B&N, but I'll take your word for it.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Wed 19 Oct, 2011 02:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
I am not applying "slime" to David. I am using a word from the japanese language because I don't think we have an english equal to explain his behavior. I am not surprised someone like you, who always looks for the negative and nasty, perceives it as such. If I wanted to do David an ill deed I would be much more direct and colorful.

I don't think the the American Revolutionists were otaku, but rather they put down on paper a freedom they felt was necessary based on their times and troubles. I doubt they ever thought it would create the debate we see today in our society. I doubt any of them envisioned assault rifles, AK47's, machine guns whatever... when they wrote the 2nd amendment. I wish we could find out their thoughts on modern guns in order to possibly clarify this 235 year old debate.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 19 Oct, 2011 02:45 pm
@Green Witch,
I don't know.

For the most part, modern firearms are just easier to use and fire more rapidly then the weapons with which the Founders would have been familiar.

I'm fairly sure they had some sense of technological progress in their day and envisioning the future of guns would not have required exceptional imaginations.

Surely Ben Franklin was quite capable of it.
0 Replies

roger

Wed 19 Oct, 2011 03:19 pm
@Green Witch,
They probably had no more trouble visualizing AK 47s in regard to the 2nd than they did visualizing television and internet in regard to the 1st amendment. Still, we have no problem applying the first amendment to all the electronic communications. Not sure how the 4th amendment is fairing. It doesn't seem widely applied to internet and cell phone technologies.

Back to McDonalds: I prefer Burger King for other than breakfast, but Micky's is much better managed here than BK. Also, much cheaper. Sandwich prices look comparable, but when you factor in the drinks, Burger King is way higher.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Wed 19 Oct, 2011 09:29 pm
Do I like McDonalds?
Let's see.
It's 11:25PM October 19th 2011.
That means it's just short of my 30th year of never going in a McDonalds.

Joe(don't ask)Nation
George

Thu 20 Oct, 2011 05:48 am
@Joe Nation,
Admit it, the clown scares the crap out of you.
Joe Nation

Thu 20 Oct, 2011 08:02 am
@George,
No.
Back then I went in, ate a Happy Meal, became happy and haven't wanted to mess with success since.

Joe("haven't since wanted" sounds too terribly British.)Nation
George

Thu 20 Oct, 2011 08:05 am
@Joe Nation,
I once ate Grumpy's meal and the little bugger punched me in the knee.
0 Replies