Do you like McDonalds

Leadfoot

Fri 19 Mar, 2021 11:25 am
@izzythepush,
Compared to what I eat at home, McDonalds is nutritional nirvana.

And don’t be so sarcastic to a first time poster Smile
izzythepush

Fri 19 Mar, 2021 11:29 am
@Leadfoot,
And last time spammer.

Cooking is such fun. I’m doing a risotto tonight with asparagus, and for dessert I made a lemon meringue pie.

It took me a long time to master lemon meringue pie.
Linkat

Fri 19 Mar, 2021 11:38 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

And last time spammer.

Cooking is such fun. I’m doing a risotto tonight with asparagus,

Oh that sounds yummy - I skip dessert though. (not that I don't like lemon meringue - but not enough to warrant the extra calories.
izzythepush

Fri 19 Mar, 2021 11:44 am
@Linkat,
It took a while to do risotto, I got a load of cheap saffron, well cheap for saffron, and risotto was the first thing popped up when I googled saffron. It’s now my younger’s favourite.

Risotto, not saffron thank goodness.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Fri 19 Mar, 2021 12:08 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
And last time spammer.

Hey, she was more on topic than lemon meringue pie is.
izzythepush

Fri 19 Mar, 2021 12:39 pm
@Leadfoot,
What bollocks though, “as working mum I enjoy choosing from a variety of highly saturated foods with which to diabetise my kids.

Lemon meringue pie is good if you don’t like waste. So many recipes that use eggs and/or lemons use differing amounts of yolks and whites or juice and zest. Not lemon meringue pie.

Raymond Blanc’s lemon drizzle cake uses the zest of four lemons but only the juice of one. That’s three zested lemons left over which if aren’t found another use very soon will go mouldy in a couple of days.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 19 Mar, 2021 04:16 pm
I'll admit it. I'd love to try the spiciest ghost pepper McChicken, but I'm not going anywhere to get prepped food yet and I'm not paying to have MCd's delivered. I am craving junk food like mad. I'm really over cooking. So over.
farmerman

Fri 19 Mar, 2021 04:34 pm
we bake desserts using splendah
0 Replies

roger

Fri 19 Mar, 2021 06:54 pm
@ehBeth,
Our Denny's is swamped with Doordash people picking up orders, and the dining room is open as 25% capacity.

Good to see you again, Beth.
Wankler

Fri 19 Mar, 2021 08:24 pm
@1truepicture,
I like their fries but that's about it. I'm surprised they wouldn't refund you - I assumed that was par for course if you didn't like the meal.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 19 Mar, 2021 10:05 pm
@izzythepush,
Made me laugh again!!!!!
izzythepush

Sat 20 Mar, 2021 04:16 am
@glitterbag,
Thank you very much. Some people don’t seem to appreciate me.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 20 Mar, 2021 04:32 pm
@roger,
We are still in the grey zone (worse than red). Today is the first day since November that they've allowed outdoor dining on patios, and it has to be members of one household at a table. Brutal.
cicerone imposter

Sun 21 Mar, 2021 12:06 am
@ehBeth,
I can go for their egg mcmuffin about once or twice a year. Their senior coffee is pretty good too!
0 Replies

hightor

Sun 21 Mar, 2021 04:55 am
I normally avoid the place at all costs, unless to use the rest room. However, I was in NYC a few years ago, not having been there for over twenty years. I was staying at a little hotel near Washington Square and had to get up really early to catch my bus back home. It was a little before dawn and I figured I'd go out and find some greasy spoon diner and grab breakfast. Thing is, all the greasy spoon diners were gone and had been replaced by f***ing "vegan" restaurants. I'm sure there are good vegan meals to be had somewhere, but the fare offered at these places was totally unappetizing. I figured I'd be starving before the bus even got to Connecticut if I tried to fill myself up with that crap. I was getting desperate — but then I turned north toward Union Square and in the distance I spotted that familiar yellow McDonald's sign. I strode there at a fast clip, bought an Egg McMuffin and a coffee, went out and parked on a bench in Union Square and watched the sunrise to a tasty and satisfying breakfast. Mmm...grease! The one thing that franchise offers is consistency.
farmerman

Sun 21 Mar, 2021 06:01 am
@hightor,
Ive eaten a FISH SAMMICH at a Mickey D's , this week.(Just because this thread was resurrected after 11 yars)
I do like the McD Fish sammich and I was on a short road trip to abacwoods ainc mine so, outside of a PASTY what can a miner eat???

McD's of course.

The shamrock shake and small fries was the problem, They are fuckin evil.

Im keepin my weight at 175 to 177. No cult diets just portion controls and several nw mushroom dishes . i am close to the mushroom capitol pf the planet and the fungi are all over the markets and road stalls.

McD gets a bad rap for xonsistency.

Hey, theres a McD's in Machias where they tried to serve a lobster "flavored" roll. We had one long time ago. It was mostly a bed of lettuce with a few measly chunks of claw meat and mayo on a shitty bun. THAT was a trip MCD's shoulda never started on. Im sure the dish was laughd outta town.
Tai Chi

Sun 21 Mar, 2021 07:55 am
@farmerman,
The closest McD's is an hour and a half away and we have not left the island in over three months so at this point an egg McMuffin would be a treat! When we were going to Espanola for hard to find grocery items we would at the very least grab a latte for the long trip home.

Recently a Tim Horton's opened in Little Current so if we are desperate for franchise fast food there is always that.
0 Replies