Do you like McDonalds

edgarblythe

Tue 27 Jun, 2017 03:28 pm
@chai2,
Just reporting what I was told. Smile
chai2

Tue 27 Jun, 2017 04:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
I think we have a solid solution to solving the diabetes, heart disease and obesity problem in this country.

We need to find these 2 women and get them to work!
chai2

Tue 27 Jun, 2017 04:33 pm
@chai2,
Actually, I'd love to have seen their reason if they said that, and someone replied to them. "That's such bullshit. Seriously?"

edgarblythe

Tue 27 Jun, 2017 04:47 pm
@chai2,
These two ladies were seriously deluded about lots of things. They ran a resale shop on Main Street and I put stuff in and split the profit I made with them. They spoke religiously about everything and they hugged everybody as sort of a blessing, but when no customers were nearby, let their hair down and I had glimpses into a wild couple of gals. I bet they would have been tough to keep up with on a night on the town.
chai2

Tue 27 Jun, 2017 06:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
That doesn't suprise me.

They know that when they are in their religious public mode all they have to do is say whatever nonsense they like, and end it with, "because, you know, God".

People with common sense don't want to have to waste time dealing with that kind of nutty. Yeah, ok, fine.

I'm pretty sure they use the same device if others notice, to absolve them of Saturday Night.

Rather than stepping up and just saying "I like eating that" or "I like to get drunk and pick up men" or whatever, they use supernatural powers to fix it or make it so it never happened.

edgarblythe

Tue 27 Jun, 2017 06:37 pm
@chai2,
It was a short period of association. They basically did not want anybody so close in their business.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Wed 29 Jul, 2020 12:42 pm

McDonald's will be closing 200 of its US restaurants

During its second-quarter earnings call, CFO Kevin Ozan confirmed the company
would be closing lower-volume locations.

“The U.S. is accelerating some restaurant closures previously planned for future
years,” he said, according to the publication: “Of the 200 U.S. closures for this
year, over half are low-volume restaurants in Walmart store locations...”
Ragman

Wed 29 Jul, 2020 01:27 pm
@Region Philbis,
Close ‘em all as fun ar as I’m concerned. Blight on humanity that hey are. The only good thing they do is give some employment opportunities to minimum-wage people...important as that is.
glitterbag

Wed 29 Jul, 2020 01:41 pm
@Ragman,
I remember the first McDonalds that opened in my town. It was a big big hit. But McDonalds back then and McDonalds today are two very different animals. The hamburger bun is gummy, terrible texture, and god only know what they use to build the burger. I think if they could figure out a way to make pickles from sawdust and chemicals...they would slap them on the burger as well.
Ragman

Wed 29 Jul, 2020 01:55 pm
@glitterbag,
Plus in the ‘60s beef cattle industry wasn’t the same. Pollution and insecticide, hormones and antibiotics weren’t as present. Cattle weren’t eating from such nutritionally depleted soil.

However, that all being said, please pass me some of those fries.
roger

Wed 29 Jul, 2020 01:59 pm
@Ragman,
I do favor their coffee. There are designer brands I haven't tried, but Mcdonalds is good enough, and you don't spend five bucks to drink coffee out of a paper cup.
glitterbag

Wed 29 Jul, 2020 02:21 pm
@roger,
I'm not a fan of Starbucks, never understood the appeal.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 29 Jul, 2020 02:55 pm
@Ragman,
We had an independent butcher in Annapolis for a few years. He bought everything locally, mostly from Delaware, Pennsylvania and several Maryland farms. I was surprised how much better everything tasted...eggs, milk, butter and the meats were superb. Suddenly food tasted they way I remembered. Unfortunately, a Wegman's and a Whole Foods opened and he couldn't compete. Dammit all.
Ragman

Wed 29 Jul, 2020 03:08 pm
@glitterbag,
Very interesting. You had that luxury for awhile. Not that Weggies is a bad thing. WF might be,however. Those since Amazon bought them the prices have come down a bit.
glitterbag

Wed 29 Jul, 2020 05:49 pm
@Ragman,
When Wegman's opened the place was flooded with customers. It's enormous, the size of an airplane hanger, in a way intimidating. I like what they offer, it was clean, well lit, staff was terrific.... but I hate being in the store...it's too big for me.
Region Philbis

Thu 30 Jul, 2020 09:52 am

Dunkin Donuts is following suit, permanently closing 800 restaurants (8%) -- most of which are attached to Speedway convenience stores...
0 Replies

Ragman

Thu 30 Jul, 2020 09:57 am
@glitterbag,
I hear you there. Too busy and overstimulating. Can’t concentrate. Disneyland for food.
Leadfoot

Sun 16 Aug, 2020 01:55 pm
All I know is, There are NOT ENOUGH McDonalds in Colorado.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sun 16 Aug, 2020 09:32 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

I hear you there. Too busy and overstimulating. Can’t concentrate. Disneyland for food.

I love that "Disneyland for food"...brilliant
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 19 Mar, 2021 11:22 am
Nice to hear from a nutritionist for once.