cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 04:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
That point has been proven over and over. Here in California, the insurance industry spent millions to overthrow a proposition on insurance rates, and they're winning because people listen to those tv ads without thinking.

It's hopeless all the way around!
0 Replies

RexRed

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 04:49 pm
Could this be why Joni Ernst is afraid of the Iowa press?
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/24/1338856/-Could-this-be-why-Joni-Ernst-is-afraid-of-the-Iowa-press
RexRed

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:06 pm
DSCC sees Grimes gaining ground against McConnell, reserves airtime for final push in Kentucky
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/22/1338415/-DSCC-sees-Grimes-gaining-ground-against-McConnell-reserves-airtime-for-final-push-in-Kentucky
RexRed

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:08 pm
Today I (RexRed) donated money to President Obama because I support his policies 100%! I trust him to put the money where it is needed to most.

http://www.barackobama.com/#get-the-latest
hawkeye10

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:15 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

Today I (RexRed) donated money to President Obama because I support his policies 100%! I trust him to put the money where it is needed to most.

http://www.barackobama.com/#get-the-latest

Quote:
And now Ebola, a highly contagious and deadly virus from overseas. The president asks us to trust him and the institutions he leads, telling us, “I am absolutely confident that we can prevent a serious outbreak here in the United States.” Some people will always trust him. Others never will. But much of the Great Middle has lost confidence in his confidence. So this begs the question: When he appoints a political operative as Ebola czar, making the Great Middle even more anxious, is he subordinating public safety to political calculations?

Leadership is largely about trust, but trust is fragile. Poor leadership destroys trust, and a serious trust deficit prevents any effective leadership. Until the president sees his popularity problem as a trust problem of his own making, the only progress he will make in the next two years will be in lowering his golf score.

http://www.worldmag.com/2014/10/the_obama_trust_deficit

D.C. is associate professor of politics at The King's College in New York City and co-author of Left, Right, and Christ: Evangelical Faith in Politics (Russell Media)

Yep, and Rex is an idiot, these two things we can believe with confidence.
Moment-in-Time

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:19 pm
@RexRed,
Thanks so much for that article, RexRed. CI's earlier post left me sooo dispirited. Your article has revived the possibility of hope.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
IMHO, Rex is not an idiot. However, where it concerns Obama and ebola, he hired an attorney to be the ebola czar. Not especially confidence building nor very smart when considered under the GOP shotgun rhetoric on everything.
RexRed

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
Being called an idiot by a conservative is actually a compliment, by such standards that lowers them to the level of a brainless single-celled amoeba.
0 Replies

RexRed

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
President Obama is listening to the world's leading doctors and scientists on the threat of Ebola and using a lawyer czar to articulate and implement these plans. Lawyers articulate and implement plans while doctors stare into microscopes and analyze lab specimens. President Obama is right...

Would you use a programmer geek to be the CEO of a corporation or someone with a degree in business?
cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:41 pm
@RexRed,
Lawyers don't create laws. The medical field are the best suited to know how to handle diseases. Doctors understand everything about ebola, and know what needs to be done regarding regulations to control it.
RexRed

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:42 pm
And while I am on a roll, as Republicans were shutting down vital government services and while Ebola was incubating in Africa, President Obama was insuring that millions of Americans had affordable health care......
RexRed

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Are you saying doctors write laws? Ridiculous! Law are written by LAWyers...
cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:45 pm
@RexRed,
That's the reason why I don't bother voting; our government doesn't know what they're doing - and they're the ones who makes the laws of our land - not the ebola czar.

cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:47 pm
@RexRed,
You're putting words from me I have never articulated. What's the matter? You should know better.

Laws are written by congress. Some may be lawyers, but that's not a requisite to become a congressman.
cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:48 pm
@RexRed,
You're putting words from me I have never articulated. What's the matter? You should know better.

Laws are written by congress. Some may be lawyers, but that's not a requisite to become a congressman. Lawyers practice laws that are established through star decisis.

Federal laws takes precedence over state laws. Even then, some states establish laws that are in conflict with our Constitution, but the SCOTUS does nothing - and they also play politics. OUR GOVERNMENT IS BROKEN.

0 Replies

RexRed

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That's the reason why I don't bother voting; our government doesn't know what they're doing - and they're the ones who makes the laws of our land - not the ebola czar.

The Ebola czar is actually a lawyer so that is actually incorrect .

Ebola czar = he is a lawyer = lawyers write laws.

Therefore, the Ebola czar can write laws...

Simple high-school substitution logic.

So President Obama has chosen wisely, as he has likewise done so on countless other policies....

cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:53 pm
@RexRed,
The ebola czar cannot establish laws. Congress does.
0 Replies

RexRed

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Laws are written by congress. Some may be lawyers, but that's not a requisite to become a congressman.

Laws are written by congressional "lawyers" for Congress.

Lawyers Write Law, And Then Are The Only Ones To Make Millions Directly Off Of It
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20091116/0811056949.shtml

Just in case you need further corroboration...
cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:59 pm
@RexRed,
All members of congress are not lawyers. Prove me wrong?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 05:59 pm
@RexRed,
You first said the ebola czar can write laws. You have now changed to agree with me that congress does.

Are you off your meds?

The ebola czar is not a member of congress.