mysteryman

Mon 28 Jul, 2014 06:23 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
If Al Gore had been president the Iraq debacle would never have happened.

How can you possibly know this?

Do you have access to an alternate timeline where this happened, or are you guessing?
bobsal u1553115

Mon 28 Jul, 2014 06:31 pm
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2014/140728-usa-is-a-center-right-nation-nope.jpg
0 Replies

mysteryman

Mon 28 Jul, 2014 06:32 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
Can you quote even once instance here on this forum where you have praised President Obama?

Just once in 5 years please...

Just as soon as you provide one instance of me making a racist comment about Obama in the same timeline.

I will say now, I do support Obamacare, I support his attempts to deal with Russia, I support some, but not all, of his environmental actions, I support him getting us out of Afghanistan, and there are other things I support.

However, that does not mean I support everyting he has done.
Do you support everything he has done or said?

And as for me being a racist, even the people on this forum that I never agree with will tell you I have NEVER said anything racist about Obama or anyone else.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 28 Jul, 2014 06:32 pm
@mysteryman,
Its a pretty good guess, after all Saddam tried to whack W's dad in Kuwait, not Al Gores.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 28 Jul, 2014 06:34 pm
@RexRed,
To be fair, W and Reagan are in Stalin/Hitler territory.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 28 Jul, 2014 06:36 pm
@izzythepush,
W's a war criminal. And he'll never leave the US again.
buttflake

Mon 28 Jul, 2014 06:47 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
W's a war criminal. And he'll never leave the US again.

Why would anyone want to?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 28 Jul, 2014 06:48 pm
@mysteryman,
I think you protest too much, just sayin'.

There's a lot of non servers on this site and it really isn't fair to point at just tone of them. I enlisted but Rush Limpbaugh had a boil on his ass and Dick Cheney said he had better things to do, deferred three times. I thought deferred meant put off, not dodge the draft. Its worse because these two morons claimed to support the VN war.

How about oralloy and coldboink/buttfuck? They didn't serve, either, one of them claiming the obligation he had in the spirit of Imperial Rome as Senator to not serve so as to not endanger Rome. Seriously. That did happen.

Rex has every right to express his opinion because guys like you and me served to "protect" that right, correct?
buttflake

Mon 28 Jul, 2014 06:52 pm
Want to hear more lies?

Quote:
From the White House website, posted on Sunday, July 27 (emphasis added):

Quote:
As Muslims throughout the United States and around the world celebrate Eid-al-Fitr, Michelle and I extend our warmest wishes to them and their families. This last month has been a time of fasting, reflection, spiritual renewal, and service to the less fortunate. While Eid marks the completion of Ramadan, it also celebrates the common values that unite us in our humanity and reinforces the obligations that people of all faiths have to each other, especially those impacted by poverty, conflict, and disease.

In the United States, Eid also reminds us of the many achievements and contributions of Muslim Americans to building the very fabric of our nation and strengthening the core of our democracy. That is why we stand with people of all faiths, here at home and around the world, to protect and advance their rights to prosper, and we welcome their commitment to giving back to their communities.

On behalf of the Administration, we wish Muslims in the United States and around the world a blessed and joyous celebration. Eid Mubarak.

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/07/28/obama-thanks-muslims-for-building-the-very-fabric-of-our-nation/
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 28 Jul, 2014 06:57 pm

Former Virginia governor, wife go on trial on corruption charges

By Gary Robertson

RICHMOND Va. Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:12pm EDT

REUTERS-Jay Westcott
Former Virginia Governor Robert McDonnell's wife Maureen (C) arrives with her daughters for her trial in Richmond, Virginia, July 28, 2014. REUTERS-Jay Westcott

http://s4.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20140728&t=2&i=949675738&w=&fh=&fw=&ll=700&pl=378&r=LYNXMPEA6R0GZ

(Reuters) - A jury was selected on Monday to hear the federal corruption trial of former Virginia Governor Robert McDonnell and his wife, Maureen, with the couple charged with selling political favors for a loan, gifts and vacations.

McDonnell, 60, a Republican once mentioned as a potential presidential candidate, and the former Virginia first lady face a 14-count indictment alleging they accepted about $165,000 from a Virginia businessman in exchange for helping his dietary supplement company.

The McDonnells deny the charges, contending in court filings there is no evidence they agreed to use their power to aid the executive, Jonnie Williams, founder of dietary supplement company Star Scientific Inc, which last month changed its name to Rock Creek Pharmaceuticals Inc.

With the jury selection complete, opening arguments in the trial at U.S. District Court in Richmond were expected to begin on Tuesday.

The jury of eight men and four women was chosen from a pool of 150 people who arrived at court for screening on Monday. Three alternates - one woman and two men - were also selected.

The former governor arrived at court in a dark suit, with his wife wearing a black dress. Neither commented to reporters or spoke during court proceedings.

Prosecutors say the gifts to McDonnell and his wife ranged from an engraved $6,500 Rolex watch to wedding and engagement presents and money for the couple's daughters, and a $15,000 shopping spree for Maureen McDonnell.

Other favors included a $50,000 loan and golf outings and equipment, prosecutors say. Virginia governors are limited to one term and McDonnell left office in January.

Prosecutors say that in exchange for the gifts, McDonnell introduced the company to Virginia health officials. He also promoted Star's products, including suggesting to state universities that they conduct studies related to the products, the indictment said.

Much of the pre-trial legal wrangling centered on whether what the McDonnells did was illegal or just unseemly. Lawyers have clashed over the definition of official acts and whether the couple abused their offices or extended Williams routine courtesies.

Jacob Frenkel, a former federal prosecutor now with the Shulman Rogers law firm in Potomac, Maryland, said the McDonnells' lawyers would try to show that boosting state business was part of the governor's job.

"The government's response is: 'This goes beyond promotion and friendship. There clearly was reciprocity,'" he said.

U.S. District Judge James Spencer has ruled that the McDonnells could call character witnesses, but likely would limit them to five each.

If convicted, the McDonnells could face decades in prison and fines totaling more than $1 million. The trial is expected to last several weeks.

McDonnell supporters have estimated the trial would cost the couple more than $1 million. A defense fund had raised $254,000 through the end of June, with 2012 Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney contributing $10,000, according to the Virginia Public Access Project, which tracks political spending in the state.

(Additional reporting by Ian Simpson; Editing by Scott Malone, Peter Cooney and Eric Walsh)
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 28 Jul, 2014 07:09 pm
http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/assets/4826288/medicare_per_person.png

The amazing news buried inside a 283-page Medicare report

Updated by Sarah Kliff on July 28, 2014, 3:40 p.m. ET

This is arguably the most unexpected piece of news in the new Medicare Trustees report: the government's hospital insurance program might be spending less money to cover more beneficiaries than it did a year ago.

Medicare's hospital insurance program — known to wonks as Medicare Part A — spent $266.8 billion covering 50.3 million people in 2012. In 2013, the the same program spent $266.2 billion to cover 51.9 million people. These figures come from Table II B.1 in the 2012 and 2013 reports.

Medicare's hospital insurance program is gigantic; it spends more money in a given year than the entire state of Wisconsin. In that context, $600 million is not much more than a rounding error. And some senior administration officials I spoke with cautioned against reading too much into these particular figures; receipts for services rendered in 2013, for example, might trickle after the year has ended.

But what's definitely clear — and what's driving this trend — is that Medicare is spending significantly less per person than they did two years ago. And this report expects that trend to continue for another two years going forward.

By 2015, the Medicare Trustees' Report projects that the program will spend less per person on hospital care than it did in 2008. This doesn't happen much in health care: not just slower growth, but the actual dollar amount spent on a given type of care dropping.

more...

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/28/5945197/the-amazing-news-buried-inside-a-283-page-medicare-report?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=ezraklein&utm_content=monday
RABEL222

Mon 28 Jul, 2014 07:28 pm
@RexRed,
Have you noticed he has quit denying he is CJ.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Mon 28 Jul, 2014 07:31 pm
@mysteryman,
But he is right when he said Republicans hate Obama more than they love America.
0 Replies

buttflake

Mon 28 Jul, 2014 09:28 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
How about oralloy and coldboink/buttfuck? They didn't serve, either, one of them claiming the obligation he had in the spirit of Imperial Rome as Senator to not serve so as to not endanger Rome. Seriously. That did happen.

Some of decided to go to school.(college)
0 Replies

RexRed

Mon 28 Jul, 2014 11:58 pm
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/603641_295202543994961_8540021638741119014_n.jpg
Thanks Republicans for more UNNECESSARY war tanks rather than school lunches.... Just so you could line your pockets. REMEMBER THIS IN NOVEMBER.
0 Replies

RexRed

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 12:11 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Quote:
Can you quote even once instance here on this forum where you have praised President Obama?

Just once in 5 years please...

Just as soon as you provide one instance of me making a racist comment about Obama in the same timeline.

I will say now, I do support Obamacare, I support his attempts to deal with Russia, I support some, but not all, of his environmental actions, I support him getting us out of Afghanistan, and there are other things I support.

However, that does not mean I support everyting he has done.
Do you support everything he has done or said?

And as for me being a racist, even the people on this forum that I never agree with will tell you I have NEVER said anything racist about Obama or anyone else.

Well there is some hope for you. If you affiliate yourself with Republicans then don't expect your integrity to not be questioned...

I would be hard pressed to find a policy of President Obama that I do NOT support.

Most Republicans have never "publicly" said anything racist about President Obama but they are dirty filthy stinking racists none the less...
0 Replies

RexRed

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 12:15 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/assets/4826288/medicare_per_person.png

Updated by Sarah Kliff on July 28, 2014, 3:40 p.m. ET

This is arguably the most unexpected piece of news in the new Medicare Trustees report: the government's hospital insurance program might be spending less money to cover more beneficiaries than it did a year ago.

Medicare's hospital insurance program — known to wonks as Medicare Part A — spent $266.8 billion covering 50.3 million people in 2012. In 2013, the the same program spent $266.2 billion to cover 51.9 million people. These figures come from Table II B.1 in the 2012 and 2013 reports.

Medicare's hospital insurance program is gigantic; it spends more money in a given year than the entire state of Wisconsin. In that context, $600 million is not much more than a rounding error. And some senior administration officials I spoke with cautioned against reading too much into these particular figures; receipts for services rendered in 2013, for example, might trickle after the year has ended.

But what's definitely clear — and what's driving this trend — is that Medicare is spending significantly less per person than they did two years ago. And this report expects that trend to continue for another two years going forward.

By 2015, the Medicare Trustees' Report projects that the program will spend less per person on hospital care than it did in 2008. This doesn't happen much in health care: not just slower growth, but the actual dollar amount spent on a given type of care dropping.

more...

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/28/5945197/the-amazing-news-buried-inside-a-283-page-medicare-report?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=ezraklein&utm_content=monday

Much of that SAVED Medicare tax money was gobbled up but Republicans voting 51 times to overturn Obama care and their bogus law suit against President Obama.

Save tax payer money and the Repugs will waste it any way they can.
0 Replies

RexRed

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 12:44 am
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10563130_674444785981912_2781499127256769281_n.jpg
izzythepush

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:16 am
@Baldimo,
It's quite easy to empathise with people you've never met, it's called being human. One can be moved by the coffins of service personnel coming off transport planes without knowing any of the soldiers personally. Maybe that's something you can't do, but most people can.

In your bizarre world view, opposition to war is hate, a demand for justice and a respect for international law is hate.

All those people who opposed the Nazis, they were just haters weren't they?
izzythepush

Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:21 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Quote:
If Al Gore had been president the Iraq debacle would never have happened.

How can you possibly know this?

It's fairly obvious.

Bush was gunning for Saddam from the minute he took office, he needed to make his daddy proud by getting rid of the dictator his daddy couldn't topple. The minute 9/11 happened they started talking about Iraq.

Al Gore did not have any of that emotional baggage, and he was considerably smarter than Bush.