coldjoint

Sat 19 Jul, 2014 10:56 am
http://therightscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/putin-cartoon-michael-ramirez-620x450.jpg
Now Putin has borrowed a play from the liar in chiefs playbook. Evidence of Russian involvement is being destroyed. It would be hypocritical to object to those methods, not that it will stop anyone. And God forbid anyone equate destroying evidence with guilt. We know that doesn't happen unless it is accidental, right?
0 Replies

RexRed

Sat 19 Jul, 2014 11:16 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Rex,
Since you say they did it, show all of us anywhere in the Hobby Lobby insurance or in the SupremeCourt decision where anyone was denied birth control by them?

You do realize that HL pays for 16 different forms of birth control for their employees, dont you.
They dont pay for 6 forms.
So, how are they denying birth control to anyone?

Since when did Hobby Lobby become a personal physician?

Does that suitably answer your question?
RexRed

Sat 19 Jul, 2014 11:18 am
Tea party members, when they die, they are reincarnated and come back in their next life as immigrant border children (if they're lucky)...
coldjoint

Sat 19 Jul, 2014 11:20 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
Since when did Hobby Lobby become a personal physician?

They didn't, the Supreme court did.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 19 Jul, 2014 11:24 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
Tea party members, when they die, they are reincarnated and come back in their next life as immigrant border children (if they're lucky)...

What happens to queers?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Sat 19 Jul, 2014 11:52 am
@RexRed,
No, it doesn't.
You claimed they were denying people access to birth control, so I challenged you to prove it.
You havent done so.

RexRed

Sat 19 Jul, 2014 12:21 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

No, it doesn't.
You claimed they were denying people access to birth control, so I challenged you to prove it.
You havent done so.

Denying 6 types of "American Medical Association" approved contraception methods on "religious ground" is denying people access to birth control... prove that is incorrect.

The other types of birth control you can buy over the counter at Seven Eleven...

Can you prove Hobby Lobby is NOT denying ANY contraception methods? Or why did Hobby Lobby go to court to stop providing nothing? Your argument does not even make sense...

They have not stopped selling coat hangers, is that one of the contraception methods you refer to that they still provide?

Please try and respond when you have thought out your argument a bit more...
cicerone imposter

Sat 19 Jul, 2014 01:02 pm
@RexRed,
mm is not capable of thinking through his ideas before posting them on a2k. That's been proven about 100% of the time.

That case should be closed.

Quote:
Hobby Lobby Wins The Right To Deny Its Workers Birth Control Coverage

FACT: http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/07/19/2329951/hobby-lobby-birth-control/

Of coarse that only proves mm doesn't even read or understand media reports that's been one of the biggest news items of late.
coldjoint

Sat 19 Jul, 2014 04:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
From Thinkprogress

Quote:
also sided with Hobby Lobby, agreeing that employers may put their own religious beliefs above their employees’ rights.

Employees(or the government) now have the right to tell the owners what to believe. Bullshit.

Muslims are allowed to pray at public schools where is your outrage there?
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
coldjoint

Sat 19 Jul, 2014 10:08 pm
Quote:
That would be in violation of the owners' religious and anti-Obama beliefs, and those beliefs certainly trump workers getting comprehensive medical care.

^ From the Daily Kos
Since they own the business and pay the people to work there why not? Would those workers eat **** if it was part of the health plan and the employer was forced to go with it?

Because that is the progressives dream who seem to want the government to be able to tell you to eat ****.

And to put anti-Obama up with a matter of conscience or religious belief elevates that liar to a position he in no way deserves. Get a life Obamabots.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 19 Jul, 2014 10:35 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
"American Medical Association"

Not a big deal Rex. Only 15% of doctors belonged to the AMA in 2011.

Quote:
In the early 1950s, about 75% of US physicians were AMA members. That percentage has steadily decreased over the years. In June, at the annual meeting of its policy-making body, the House of Delegates, the AMA announced that it lost another 12 000 members last year.

Quote:

That brings total membership below 216 000. Up to a third of those members don’t pay the full $420 annual dues, including medical students and residents. Not counting those members, somewhere in the neighbourhood of 15% of practising US doctors now belong to the AMA.

Anything on the downward trend changing? Nope.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3153537/

0 Replies

mysteryman

Sun 20 Jul, 2014 11:28 am
@RexRed,
So your argument boils down to...they arent paying for it, so they are denying it to people.
That makes no sense at all.
Its the same as saying that since I dont pay for your heroin, I am denying it to you
Or since I dont buy the gas for your car, I am not letting you go anywhere.

And the birth control that HL wont pay for is readily available to anyone that wants it, how are they blocking anyone?
All HL has done is tell people they have to pay for it themselves.
cicerone imposter

Sun 20 Jul, 2014 11:43 am
@mysteryman,
What has heroin anything to do with universal health plans paying for it?
izzythepush

Sun 20 Jul, 2014 12:24 pm
@mysteryman,
It's all down to how you look at things. We view healthcare as a right, like education and sanitation. At the end of the day it's a lot cheaper over here, not having to pay shareholder's dividends and the profits of insurance companies makes a big difference.

Public spending on health per person per annum is greater in America than Britain. So less of my taxes go to pay for health care provision than yours, and I get free healthcare, but you don't. Don't you think there's something wrong with that picture?
http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/jun/30/healthcare-spending-world-country
izzythepush

Sun 20 Jul, 2014 12:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

What has heroin anything to do with universal health plans paying for it?

A lot of money goes on policing the heroin industry, by treating addiction as a crime instead of as a health issue.

If addicts could get free heroin on prescription it would save a lot of money, save lives, reduce crime and deprive organised criminals of a lot of their income.
mysteryman

Sun 20 Jul, 2014 01:30 pm
@izzythepush,
Yes, I agree there is something wrong with that picture.

My argument however, is that just because HL wont pay for some types of birth control, that does not mean that people are not able to get it, it just means that they have to pay for it themselves.

And since HL pays for 16 other types of birth control, if their employees were really worried about getting pregnant, they would take advantage of those 16 other forms.
izzythepush

Sun 20 Jul, 2014 01:32 pm
@mysteryman,
Over here teenagers get free condoms, they give them out at school. If you want to tackle teenage pregnancies you need free birth control. The cost from unwanted pregnancies is so much more in the long run.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 20 Jul, 2014 01:35 pm
@izzythepush,
You wrote,
Quote:
A lot of money goes on policing the heroin industry, by treating addiction as a crime instead of as a health issue.

That's not even relevant. Illegal drugs is a crime. What has that to do with contraception?
mysteryman

Sun 20 Jul, 2014 01:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I was simply trying to make a comparison, nothing more.
I notice you are ignoring the comparison to gas for your car, why is that?

Let me put it as simple as I can for you...My refusal to pay for something does NOT mean that you cant have it, it means YOU have to pay for it.

Is that simple enough for you to understand?