coldjoint

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 10:21 pm
Quote:
Get out and vote. The 2012 election demonstrated that the Koch brothers can buy lots of ads, but they still can’t buy your vote.

But the unions and the Democrats can, right?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 10:27 pm
Quote:
UNREAL: Harry Reid Now Spreading Baseless Claim The Koch Brothers Don’t Pay Corporate Taxes…

Exactly just how stupid is this guy? Of all people these brothers would not pay their taxes? I am sure they do. And I would bet the money they give to their grandchildren is theirs too.

http://weaselzippers.us/181513-unreal-harry-reid-now-spreading-baseless-claim-the-koch-brothers-dont-pay-corporate-taxes/
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 10:28 pm
@coldjoint,
read your cite, coldjoint (and lay off the bottle). You will note, I trust, that it does NOT say there was any double voting in that case, the one with by far the largest number of supposed fraud. That is a very pointed absence.
coldjoint

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 10:33 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
35,750 voters with the same first and last name and DOB were registered in N.C. and another state and voted in both states in the 2012 general election.

What does that say?
coldjoint

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 10:42 pm
Quote:
Worried About Big Money Donors ‘Stealing The Election’? Guess Where The Top Ten Donate To…

http://www.soopermexican.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/TOP-TEN-DONORS-2014-2-1024x562.jpg
Quote:
If anyone should be whining and moaning about being at a disadvantage from big time donors, it’s conservatives. Here’s a graph of both kinds of contributions put together. Liberals carry an 18 to 1 advantage:

http://www.soopermexican.com/2014/04/02/worried-about-big-money-donors-stealing-the-election-guess-where-the-top-ten-donate-to/
coldjoint

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 10:52 pm
Quote:
Mr. Obama, maybe folks are mad because you’re a liar
Posted on April 2, 2014 by The Matt Walsh Blog

Dear Mr. Obama,

Congratulations on getting 7.1 million people enrolled in Obamacare before the March 31st deadline!

Not to muddy the festivities by harping on technicalities, but I thought I’d pass along just a few corrections, in case you plan on giving anymore speeches or anything:

Alright, by ‘March 31st’ you mean ‘sometime in April,’ and by ‘deadline’ you mean ‘suggestion which is subject to change.’

And, obviously, by ‘enrolled’ you mean ‘people who have filled some information out on a website.’

And by ’7.1 million’ you mean ‘probably like 858 thousand or something.’

In your speech on Tuesday, when you said that Obamacare is ‘the law’ and ‘it’s here to stay,’ you really meant that Obamacare is ‘a fluid and constantly adjusted set of unconstitutional decrees, which can be imposed or withdrawn by the Executive Branch at any point, for any reason, up to 21 times and counting.’ And by ‘here to stay,’ you actually meant to say that ‘most of it is neither here nor staying, because you don’t want America to feel the full brunt of it until after the midterm elections.’

You claimed that ‘more than 3 million young adults have gained insurance’ by staying on their parents’ plan. Even if that were true, it seems to take for granted that there’s anything remotely positive about the government forcing insurance companies to treat 25-year-old men and women like children. But, more importantly, it isn’t.

Indeed, when you said ‘more than 3 million,’ you really meant ‘extrapolations based on faulty estimates conjured up by Health and Human Services almost two years ago have brought us to the dubious conclusion that we can claim 3 million, because nobody will understand how we arrived at that figure, and most everyone will be too lazy to even attempt to check our numbers.’

You appeared to venture into the vicinity of truth when you stated that Obamacare is ‘doing what it’s supposed to do,‘ but then you forgot to stipulate what, precisely, that happens to be.

It has not, nor was it meant to, make insurance cheaper and more accessible – but it has stripped away choice and freedom, and made more people dependent on the government.

It has forced single men and elderly couples and nuns to pay for maternity care and birth control. Likewise, it has compelled everyone to purchase coverage for psychiatric illness and drug addiction treatment, even if we aren’t necessarily psychiatrically ill or addicted to drugs (though, with your help, the pharmaceutical industry will soon get us all under one or both of those umbrellas).

And, while you spiked the football in the Rose Garden, you still failed to indicate how many people have purchased and paid for a plan, as opposed to just checking some boxes. And you forgot to tell us how many of the Obamacare ’enrollees’ were only inclined to enroll in Obamacare because your law forced them off of their original plans.

You celebrated a ‘law’ that will supposedly ’insure the uninsurable,’ even though most of the people now insured by Obamacare aren’t actually yet insured, but they were insured before Obamacare made them uninsured under their original insurance.

Of course, this is all after you famously told us we can ‘keep our plans’ if we ‘like them,’ while omitting that by ‘keep’ you meant ‘watch as it is demolished in front of our eyes,’ and when you said ‘like’ you didn’t include the disclaimer that we’d all be legally obligated to adjust our affections in the direction of the type of plan you think we should like.

Whew. My head is spinning.

You’re a slippery one, Mr. Obama.

I feel like I’m beginning to learn your language, although I haven’t deciphered the entire code. I do know that, essentially, when you say a certain thing, what you really mean is anything but the thing you just said.

Honestly, I’m starting to think that you’re doing this on purpose.

I’m starting to think that you’re… lying.

You’re a liar.

Yes, that explains it. You’re either enormously inaccurate and oblivious in ways that just so happen to suit your political goals, or you’re a scheming, conniving liar.

I’m going with the latter. You lie. That’s all you do. You’re a liar.

I know, in this day and age of ‘civil discourse,’ we aren’t allowed use words like ‘liar’ anymore. It’s such a harsh and startling term. It upsets people. It makes them sad. It makes them feel all icky inside. But, Lord forgive me, I’d rather call a spade a spade and a liar a liar — as opposed to your strategy, which is to call a spade a tortoise, or an apple, or a three toed sloth, or anything but a spade.

I would label you pathological — as deception seems to drip like putrid sewage from every single word and phrase that escapes your lips — but I know your lies are calculated, not compulsive. You can’t be a pathological liar for the same reason that an effective diamond thief can’t be a kleptomaniac. Your lie, like his heist, requires careful planning and plotting. You’re very aware of the truth, which is what makes you so adept at avoiding it.

Still, I’d like to, for your sake, take you seriously on one count.

In your speech, you said this:

“I’ve got to admit, I don’t get it. Why are folks working so hard for people not to have health insurance? Why are they so mad about the idea of folks having health insurance?”

Why are folks mad at you? Well, as you’ve pointed out in the past, it’s probably because you’re black.

Yeah, that’s gotta be part of it. I’m sure cancer patients would be excited about having their plans abolished and their out-of-pocket expenses skyrocket, if only it had come at the hands of a white dude.

But, beneath the racism, maybe there’s something deeper going on.

Maybe, Mr. Obama, we’re all just tired of the lies.

Maybe we’re mad because you used the IRS against your political opponents, and lied about it. And you spied on everyone’s phone records (after specifically condemning that sort of practice), and lied about it. And you sent your Justice Department after journalists and whistleblowers, and lied about it. And you funneled weapons to drug cartels and terrorists, and lied about it. And you assassinated American citizens and drone bombed hundreds of innocent civilians, and lied about it. And you filled your administration with lobbyists, and lied about it. And you armed a terrorist insurrection in Libya, then orchestrated a cover-up once the terrorists murdered our ambassador, and lied about it. And, in general — whether it’s wiretapping, or Guantanamo, or deficit spending, or Obamacare, or whatever else – we’ve seen you do everything you said you wouldn’t, and little of what you said you would.

We’ve heard you lie. Over. And over. And over. And over again.

Maybe that’s why folks are so mad.

Maybe you’re a liar, and we know it.

And so do you.

I hope this helps clear up your confusion.

Sincerely,

Matt Walsh

I like him. Walsh, that is...
http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/04/02/mr-obama-maybe-folks-are-mad-because-youre-a-liar/
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 2 Apr, 2014 11:42 pm
Problem is, Matt Walsh is himself lieing about Obama. That post is filled with falsehoods, or such gross distortionbs that they amount to lies.

Example: the 858,000 figure has no basis in reality. When the final totals come up, which includes people enrolling thru the exchanges and people buying ACA compliant policies directly from private insurers, the total looks now like it's going to be in excess of 12 million. Most of the people who got cancellation notices got new, compliant plans thru their same insurer. It was just a case of writing a new plan. They never "lost their insurance". Never ever. Subtracting that from the total signed up is completely bogus. You're going to find when all is said and done, that 12,000,000 MORE people are going to completely reject the already unpalatable principle the GOP is trying to cram down American throat.

And, of course, his statement that if you liked your policy you could keep it was perfectly true for somewhere around 95% of the country, I would estimate.

And the paragraph where he chronicles Obama's "lies" is a blatantly politically biased, distorted view of what actually happens.

Not to mention when he talks about "civil discourse" and then says "I would label you pathological — as deception seems to drip like putrid sewage from every single word and phrase that escapes your lips — but I know your lies are calculated, not compulsive". That's hate, my friend, that's hate. Way beyond rationality on his part.

parados

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 07:33 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
35,750 voters with the same first and last name and DOB were registered in N.C. and another state and voted in both states in the 2012 general election.

What does that say?

It says you are a moron.

There are 49,898 people named James Smith in the US.
There are 34,548 people named James Johnson in the US.
There are 32, 158 people named John Smith in the US.
There are 16,902 people named William Miller in the US.
There are 34,708 people named William Smith in the US.

I tell you what coldjoint. I will pay you a million dollars if you can prove that none of those people listed above share a birthday with someone else with the last name. You just have to admit you are an idiot if you can't prove it.

C'mon, take the bet.
parados

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 07:43 am
@coldjoint,
Interesting that it's dated April 1 there Pink Prevaricator.

Here is the actual source
http://www.opensecrets.org/overview/

Here are the list of top individual donors
http://www.opensecrets.org/overview/topindivs.php
0 Replies

Baldimo

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 07:43 am
@MontereyJack,
If you like your insurance you can keep it was a lie and you know it. There were millions of people who had insurance that they liked, but the plans were cancelled due to ACA regulations. Dress it up all you want but it was a lie and they knew it. Obama didn't say "You can keep you plan if you like it as long as it meets the new govt standards." That wasn't was said.

I'm still waiting for my savings on my premiums. I was lied too when I was told I would see a savings in my insurance. My plan before the ACA changes covered everything me and my family ever needed. Multiple operations and every medication included for recovery. Now that same plan is costing me $200 more a month then it did the last few years. So instead of $2400 savings per year, I'm seeing an additional $2400 in premiums.
parados

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 07:50 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
And, of course, his statement that if you liked your policy you could keep it was perfectly true for somewhere around 95% of the country, I would estimate.

If we use the same math that Matt Walsh is doing then we can figure it out.

48 million don't have insurance.
Population is 313 million.

That means that 265 million had insurance.
Lets for the sake of argument say 7 million lost insurance.

7 divided by 265 is .02 and some other numbers which we can just ignore. So 2% lost their insurance.

That leads us to about 98% of insured Americans kept their insurance.
Conservative math is fun.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 07:52 am
@Baldimo,
I'm still waiting for you to tell me how to use the federal exchange since my state opted out of medicaid expansion...
0 Replies

parados

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 07:52 am
@Baldimo,
What was the yearly cap on benefits on your old policy, Baldimo?
What was the lifetime cap on benefits on your old policy?
panzade

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 09:37 am
McConnell on Obamacare enrollment hitting 7 million: We don't know how many of those have paid, calls ACA a "catastrophe"

Quote:
Obamacare has cut Kentucky's uninsured population by more than 40 percent, signing up roughly 360,000 residents since enrollment opened up on Oct. 1, according to the Louisville Courier-Journal.

Some 75 percent of them—270,000—were previously uninsured. That means Kentucky's uninsured population of 640,000 has come down by 42 percent.
0 Replies

JTT

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 10:14 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
And the link PBS. Liberal all the way.

What kind of twisted thinking is it, cj, when one tries to suggest that a progressive part of the USA news media, almost the only one, exposes the racism of Henry Ford.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 11:41 am
@MontereyJack,

Quote:
Example: the 858,000 figure has no basis in reality.

Just like the 7.1 million?

Quote:

What you would estimate is meaningless.

Quote:
That's hate, my friend, that's hate.

It is more like disgust. And with valid reasons. In fact many more than you would like to admit.
coldjoint

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 11:43 am
@parados,
Quote:
I tell you what coldjoint. I will pay you a million dollars if you can prove that none of those people listed above share a birthday with someone else with the last name. You just have to admit you are an idiot if you can't prove it.

I tell you what, why don't you just admit that Democrats are stealing elections and have made fraud a Democratic science.
coldjoint

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 11:48 am
@parados,
Quote:
What was the yearly cap on benefits on your old policy, Baldimo?
What was the lifetime cap on benefits on your old policy?

What was the yearly cap on your premium? What was your yearly cap on out of pocket expenses? And what are your chances of getting that money back?

0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 12:18 pm
How about this lie?
Quote:
Amazingly, Obama had the balls to claim during his speech yesterday that they did not “make a hard sell” on Obamacare.

http://weaselzippers.us/181539-government-spent-700-million-promoting-obamacare/
Quote:
President Barack Obama contended that the government did not “make a hard sell” for Obamacare, despite his administration spending nearly $700 million to promote the law.

PS all those minus points actually add up to me telling the truth.
0 Replies

JTT

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 12:26 pm
@coldjoint,
Oh look a squirrel!

Oh look a squirrel!

Oh look a squirrel!

Oh look a squirrel!
0 Replies