"Life Is Short, Have An Affair": What Do You Think?

Olivier5

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 03:27 am
@maxdancona,
Good point. I just red that the overwhelming majority of their 5 ml female accounts and more than a few of their 31 ml male accounts are fake.

http://gizmodo.com/almost-none-of-the-women-in-the-ashley-madison-database-1725558944
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 09:46 am
Quote:
Ashley Madison: Site is ‘still growing,’ despite hack
by Jonathan Chew
August 31, 2015

And our women are real.

The Ashley Madison website could be proof that there really is no such thing as bad publicity.

The adultery site says new users are flocking to use its service, despite an infamous hacking scandal.

Instead of being hurt by hackers publishing the private information of its more than 30 million members, the infidelity site released a statement Monday that emphasizes new growth.

“This past week alone, hundreds of thousands of new users signed up for the Ashley Madison platform—including 87,596 women,” the statement read, the last portion a response to reports that almost all the women on Ashley Madison are either bots, fakes, or inactive accounts.

The site’s parent company, Avid Life Media, also said that women sent more than 2.8 million messages on the Ashley Madison platform in the last week, and that the ratio of paying male members to active female members is 1.2 to 1.

The company didn’t offer any more details on the announcement last week, however, that CEO Noel Biderman had tendered his resignation. It also didn’t disclose whether it would still pursue an IPO, as it was rumored earlier this year.
http://fortune.com/2015/08/31/ashley-madison-site-growing-despite-hack/
Olivier5

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 11:46 am
@firefly,
I suspect that's damage control. Aka PR.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 12:04 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
And our women are real.

YUK YUK
Real bots.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 12:12 pm
@panzade,
Not real bods.
panzade

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 12:30 pm
@ossobuco,
WOOF
You're a goof!
0 Replies

Hazel Gomez

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 01:34 am
@firefly,
Having an affair to deal with an unsatisfying marriage is the major problem in the western country. that's why may be the number of divorce incereased...
divorce always can't be the solution when you have already chosen each other for life long... so think before taking any step.
marknewby

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 06:08 am
@firefly,
Weel, life is short, so that is why we should live every day as the last one)
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 09:16 am
@Hazel Gomez,
Quote:
Having an affair to deal with an unsatisfying marriage is the major problem in the western country. that's why may be the number of divorce incereased...
divorce always can't be the solution when you have already chosen each other for life long... so think before taking any step.

There are several things you got wrong.

1. Having extra-marital sex is quite common in many non-Western cultures, from India to China to indigenous cultures. Some cultures accept the practice, and some just turn a blind eye. It is the West, particularly Protestant Christianity which is remarkably sexually repressed, that made extra-marital sex such a big deal.

2. Divorce is the opposite of having an affair. Once you get a divorce, it becomes impossible to have an affair. I chose divorce when my marriage fell apart. Then I started having sex with other women. I never had an affair.

3. Lifelong monogamy is pretty unrealistic for must human beings. It isn't natural for a human to have only one sexual partner. Most of us are naturally serially monogamous (having one sexual partner at a time, but then changing partners every so often).

It is religion that imposed lifelong monogamy on us. It is pretty clear that this has been a failure, practically speaking. Most humans aren't built that way.
0 Replies

MDMX

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2017 05:39 pm
It’s tempting sometimes, i’ve done it in previous relationships but it often brings more problems than solutions, sex is after a while just that, if you don’t have much else in common, you end up disliking the person your having the affair with unless you plan on just doing the wild thing a couple of times, and never seeing them again .

If you want to have an affair then there is obviously something wrong with the relationship and it’s probably better to try and seek help with a relationship councillor, or if that don’t work, finish the relationship and have as many sexual encounters as you like, easier said than done .

I just think affairs can be more trouble than they’re worth sometimes
0 Replies