Is the Confederate Flag a symbol of racism?

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 02:28 pm
@ossobuco,
Maybe I shoulda had some tripe that night in question. I might have stayed out of trouble.

I love the stuff...made the Italian way.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 02:49 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Well, see, I had some scotch at the bar first, a good one, maybe Laphroig, and Diane had a nice girl something, like a red vermouth, while we waited for Roberta. Maybe that was why I didn't notice they didn't give me change for a $50., so I had to go back there the next day, after they figured it all out. Not as dire as your episode..

Anyway, I distinctly remember having blueberry pie after the tripe dish.
Not exactly a great meld..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 03:27 pm
@ossobuco,
OK, I found the article I was looking for.
http://www.northcoastjournal.com/Blogthing/archives/2015/07/11/racism-behind-the-redwood-curtain-part-ii-stars-bars-and-the-backs-of-cars

Worth a read if you are interested in confederate flags showing up in the north.
This was my last home town area.
Also, the area where my thirteen year old niece was followed by a truck because some clod thought she was a hooker. Luckily, she was taking my business partner's doberman for a walk.

By the article, the area is pretty welcoming. It was also more a mix of anglo and native american, far as I knew, but though those were small towns, I didn't know everybody in the six or so years I lived there. People were on the pale side relative to my stomping grounds in L.A. That was disconcerting when I moved there, but it prepared me for Albuquerque.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2015 02:54 pm
http://westernjournalismcom.c.presscdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/D-Victory-600-LI.jpg

Ionus

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2015 09:08 pm
@coldjoint,
They dont like facts, cj....
coldjoint

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2015 09:11 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
They dont like facts, cj....

Some things never change. Where is your buddy "layman"?
Ionus

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2015 09:14 pm
@coldjoint,
Dont know...probably tired of arguing with fools .
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2015 09:34 pm
@Ionus,
Didn't laymen leave when he made the mistake of telling us that he is in fact not black, thus pissing people off?
Ionus

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2015 09:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
Didnt read it . His last post said he would be back soon .
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2015 09:39 pm
@Ionus,
I probably am not up on the subject. For some reason our paths dont cross as much as I would think.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2015 09:52 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
His last post said he would be back soon

Well I was on vacation for a while. Got to remember not to call the bigshots the same things they call you.
Ionus

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2015 09:58 pm
@coldjoint,
Are you saying you are layman ?
coldjoint

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2015 10:03 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Are you saying you are layman ?

No. I never saw his last post.
0 Replies

GorDie

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2015 10:14 pm
@Linkat,
no it is not. The confederate flag was not an Aryan symbol.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2015 08:19 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

http://westernjournalismcom.c.presscdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/D-Victory-600-LI.jpg

The people who started the Klan in the 1860s were democrats. The people who supported Jim Crow and the re-raising of the confederate battle flag in the 1960s were Republicans. The people who are on the wrong side of the racism/confederate flag debate TODAY are Republicans. Full stop.
Olivier5

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2015 10:33 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Didn't laymen leave when he made the mistake of telling us that he is in fact not black, thus pissing people off?

Is that what happened? Missed it...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2015 09:34 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
The people who started the Klan in the 1860s were democrats. The people who supported Jim Crow and the re-raising of the confederate battle flag in the 1960s were Republicans. The people who are on the wrong side of the racism/confederate flag debate TODAY are Republicans. Full stop.

Yeah, mostly it's Republicans who want to paint Democrats with the KKK/Jim Crow brush, but their history lesson always conveniently leaves out the 1948 Democratic National Convention....
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 11:45 am
@DrewDad,
This MTA Subway Train Toy Features A Confederate Flag
0 Replies