NSFW (view)
hingehead

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 04:29 am
@edgarblythe,
No hair product?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2014 08:27 am
Oldie but goodie: A 1st grade school teacher had twenty-six students in her class. She presented each child in her classroom the 1st half of a well-known proverb and asked them to come up with the remainder of the proverb... It's hard to believe these were actually done by first graders.. Their insight may surprise you. While reading, keep in mind that these are 6-year-old first-graders, because the last one is a classic!
Don't change horses
until they stop running.
Strike while the
bug is close.
It's always darkest before
Daylight Saving Time.
Never underestimate the power of
termites.
You can lead a horse to water but
How?
Don't bite the hand that
looks dirty.
No news is
impossible
A miss is as good as a
Mr.
You can't teach an old dog new
Math
If you lie down with dogs, you'll
stink in the morning.
Love all, trust
Me.
The pen is mightier than the
pigs.
An idle mind is
the best way to relax.
Where there's smoke there's
pollution.
Happy the bride who
gets all the presents.
A penny saved is
not much.
Two's company, three's
the Musketeers.
Don't put off till tomorrow what
you put on to go to bed.
Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and
You have to blow your nose.
There are none so blind as
Stevie Wonder.
Children should be seen and not
spanked or grounded.
If at first you don't succeed
get new batteries.
You get out of something only what you
See in the picture on the box
When the blind lead the blind
get out of the way.
A bird in the hand
is going to poop on you.
Better late than
Pregnant
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2014 09:01 am
@edgarblythe,
Excellent!

The lying down with dogs and putting off til tomorrow answers are my favourites.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 04:29 am

https://www.tytnetwork.com/2014/09/23/holy-man-kills-follower-to-bring-him-back-to-life/
‘Holy Man’ Kills Follower To ‘Bring Him Back To Life’

A Sufi holy man decided to take a leap of faith and really test his ability to perform miracles by killing a person in front of a crowd and bringing him back from the dead. Instead, he managed to just do the first part.

According to a local Pakistani newspaper, the holy man (called a pir in Sufism) was extremely popular and widely believed to have the ability to perform wide-ranging miracles because of his connection to God. Over the course of five years, the man gained a massive following in rural areas around Pakistan. Thankfully, he had not gone so far as to believe he could bring people back from the dead until recently…
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 01:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
Woman sues Disney, says 'Frozen' was based on her life story
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/09/26/disney-frozen-lawsuit/
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 08:50 pm
Somewhere in Spain
http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/infocus/week092614/s_w02_56017498.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 08:57 pm
@tsarstepan,
The deal is you can't copyright an idea.

My ex had trouble with them, his idea, refused, showing up in development shortly later.

I've no clue how often this happens, but it does, and the legalities are probably well worked out.

He was advised to live with it by others.

This woman may have more chance, but I doubt it.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 08:58 pm
If they didn't copy her words, the ideas are up for grabs, I think.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 08:59 pm
@tsarstepan,

My ex had trouble with them, his idea, refused, showing up in development shortly later, three weeks or a month.

I've no clue how often this happens, but it does, and the legal bits are probably well worked out.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 09:07 pm
@ossobuco,
When I was a kid, I sent a few lyrics to the music companies advertising in the back of magazines. "We will set your song poems to music and make a demo record, for $." I was desperate for some action. I mailed one in. Then I was stuck with a song and no way to test it except among a few friends. They liked it because I "wrote" it. But I heard a variation of that song on the radio a few years later. There were certain peculiarities that set it apart from other songs. By then I had no idea which music company I did business with. Plus, that song also never went anywhere anyway.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 10:27 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I'm quite aware that her claim is baseless on all counts. It's even more absurd if you seen the movie (with all the typical Disneyesque magic in the plot). That's why I posted it here.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 11:03 pm
@tsarstepan,
Thanks. I need to read all this without being angry, not all that easy.

I don't follow Disney (family worked there in the olden days.)

Where my aunt and uncle met, and so on.

Anyway, I wasn't there.

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2014 03:50 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByezCAVCUAAZNwu.png
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2014 10:57 pm
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 12:47 am
That was pretty cool, i enjoyed that.
chai2

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 08:03 am
@Setanta,
Yeah, at first glance, I didn't think it was much, but knowing it was actual people made it interesting.

Unfortunately, I can't help but think if this was implemented, people would get used to it very quickly, and just ignore it.
Setanta

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2014 12:14 pm
@chai2,
Yeah, i agree, they'd soon ignore it as just a part of the scenery. I greatly enjoyed the vid, though, especially the dancers.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 09:46 am
Wednesday, October 01, 2014
PORTLAND, OR -- If you purchased caffeine-infused underwear because of promises it will make you thinner, federal regulators say you were hoodwinked - but at least you can get your money back.

The Federal Trade Commission announced Monday that two companies - Norm Thompson Outfitters of Oregon and Wacoal America Inc. of New Jersey - have agreed to refund $1.5 million to consumers who purchased "shapewear" that supposedly can reduce cellulite and fat because it is infused with caffeine, vitamin E and other things.

"Caffeine-infused shapewear is the latest 'weight-loss brew' concocted by marketers," Jessica Rich, director of the FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection, said in a statement. "If someone says you can lose weight by wearing the clothes they are selling, steer clear."

Neither company could be reached for comment.

Norm Thompson, based in Hillsboro, Oregon, sold women's bike shorts, tights and leggings made of a fabric called Lytess for $49 to $79, according to the FTC's complaint. The company claimed a woman could take 2 inches off the hips and an inch off the thighs in less than a month "without effort."

"No diets or pills. Lose inches just by wearing these cellulite-slimming Lytess leggings," the company said in an online catalog, according to the FTC. "The unique fabric is infused with caffeine to metabolize fat."

The claims are not backed up by scientific tests, the FTC said. The company also falsely claimed that the garments were backed by television personality Dr. Oz.

The FTC says Wacoal, based in Lyndhurst, New Jersey, made similar claims about its iPants underwear for women, which sold for $44 to $85.

In negotiated settlements, Norm Thompson agreed to pay $230,000 and Wacoal America $1.3 million, which the FTC says it will use to provide refunds for consumers. The companies also will be prohibited from claiming that their caffeinated garments cause weight or fat loss, or a reduction of body size.

The Federal Trade Commission is accepting public comment on the proposed settlement until Oct. 29. After that, the commission will decide whether to make the proposed settlements permanent.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 11:25 am
35,000 walruses
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10522721_10153228574829062_6968253838529205400_n.jpg?oh=d4cf12726ce7ddfeb0310a39080a3da7&oe=54D0EA15&__gda__=1421930401_c276e00b71ce640ef5ed54b1847a20cb