The benefits of meditation.

MarkBenson

Mon 7 Nov, 2011 12:09 pm
There lots of wonderful benefits of meditation.Meditation is only process in that you can touch or feel your soul.It gives a lots of energy to us and also gives some unbelievable powers to you like Sixth sense, Telepathy etc.
JLNobody

Mon 7 Nov, 2011 03:04 pm
@MarkBenson,
Frankly, I doubt all those kinds of claims. I have meditated almost steadily (except for a few years of university graduate study--then it was unsteady) since 1961 (what is that, 50 years?). The gains have been much more prosaic but more important. Nothing has happened of a spectacular or supernatural character, but the realm of the everyday and natural has benefitted profoundly. I recommend it to everyone--without extravagant promises. I'm still a bit of a jerk, but a very happy one.
Please keep in mind that I have forgotten, while writing the above, all that I have written in this thread so far.
The Pentacle Queen

Mon 7 Nov, 2011 08:28 pm
@JLNobody,
Quote:
I'm still a bit of a jerk, but a very happy one.

Ha! I don't believe it.
JLNobody

Mon 7 Nov, 2011 10:33 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
No, really, I AM happy!
0 Replies

Kimaya

Thu 1 Dec, 2011 02:37 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
Its the great way to relax body and mind as well..i am doing it from last few years and its just best for health.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Thu 1 Dec, 2011 04:17 am
@MarkBenson,
MarkBenson wrote:
There lots of wonderful benefits of meditation.
Meditation is only process in that you can touch or feel your soul.
It gives a lots of energy to us and also gives some unbelievable powers
to you like Sixth sense, Telepathy etc.
I have not found it to yield energy,
but I HAVE found some flashes of pre-cognition
(never anything significant).

I suggest that meditation NOT be done near valuable equipment,
e.g., not near your computer (especially not when it is ON) nor in your car.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Thu 1 Dec, 2011 04:25 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
I wish I could answer you question but I hope you don't mind if I piggy back on your thread
to see if anyone could provide a thoughtful piece of advice regarding the hows of meditation.
What I have done is exclude thawts from my mind;
i.e., contemplate darkness and silence
(expecting interferences of extraneous thawts,
and brushing them off, without getting emotionally upset, nor frustrated about it).

Of course, it is much better if u vote Conservative Republican.

David
JLNobody

Thu 1 Dec, 2011 10:18 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Oh comeon, they are not THAT mindless.
0 Replies

steve8819

Wed 7 Dec, 2011 03:23 am
@JLNobody,
Meditation is very necessary for the peace of your mind.It keep you fit and keep you active..
OmSigDAVID

Wed 7 Dec, 2011 05:33 am
@steve8819,
steve8819 wrote:
Meditation is very necessary for the peace of your mind.
It keep you fit and keep you active..
For the peace of MY mind,
when I was 8, I got myself a .38 Smith & Wesson revolver.
That was very effective. I felt tranquil & serene.
I still do, but I upgraded to a .44 special with hollowpointed slugs.

David
JLNobody

Wed 7 Dec, 2011 10:50 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Oh please! Spare us your confessions.
OmSigDAVID

Wed 7 Dec, 2011 11:35 am
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:
Oh please! Spare us your confessions.
Recommendations & exhortations!!!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Wed 7 Dec, 2011 11:37 am

Maybe I shoud have said:
for the piece of my mind,
I got a .38 Smith & Wesson revolver.

I have since upgraded to a .44 special revolver.

HAPPY PEARL HARBOR DAY!

David
0 Replies

adamprice

Mon 12 Dec, 2011 03:56 am
@JLNobody,
Its a great post.I like this post..........
0 Replies

thflower

Wed 14 Dec, 2011 11:18 am
Meditation is inherently healing on all levels - physical, emotional, mental, spiritual. It purifies and harmonizes us and opens our heart, open us to the universal Love and to the infinite Knowledge. Both peace of mind and happiness are true benefits of meditation.
Kimaya

Sat 17 Dec, 2011 12:44 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
Meditation is actually good to relax mind and keep your body stable for certain time that helps to gain energy.
0 Replies

shreevenkatesh

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 02:23 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
Here are some of the Physiological benefits of meditation :

1- It lowers oxygen consumption.
2- It decreases respiratory rate.
3- It increases blood flow and slows the heart rate.
4- Increases exercise tolerance.
5- Leads to a deeper level of physical relaxation.
0 Replies

bulldogcoma

Sun 25 Mar, 2012 11:59 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
If I may quote a passage from a book entitled The Snow Leopard by Peter Matthiesan..
"In zen, one seeks to empty out the mind, to return it to the clear, pure stillness of a seashell or a flower petal. when body and mind are one, then the whole being, scoured clean of intellect, emotions, and the senses, may be laid open to the experience that individual existense, ego, the "reality" of matter and phenomena are no more than fleeting and illusory arrangements of molecules. the weary self of masks and screens, defenses, preconceptions, and opinions that, propped up by ideas and words, imagines itself to be some sort of entity (in a society of like entities) may suddenly fall away, dissolve into formless flux where concepts such as death and life, time and space, past and future, have no meaning. There is only a pearly radiance of emptiness, the uncreated, without beginning, therefore without end."

This, I suppose, is the state one wishes to enter when delving into meditation.
OmSigDAVID

Mon 26 Mar, 2012 12:47 am
@bulldogcoma,
bulldogcoma wrote:
If I may quote a passage from a book entitled The Snow Leopard by Peter Matthiesan..
"In zen, one seeks to empty out the mind, to return it to the clear, pure stillness of a seashell or a flower petal. when body and mind are one, then the whole being, scoured clean of intellect, emotions, and the senses, may be laid open to the experience that individual existense, ego, the "reality" of matter and phenomena are no more than fleeting and illusory arrangements of molecules. the weary self of masks and screens, defenses, preconceptions, and opinions that, propped up by ideas and words, imagines itself to be some sort of entity (in a society of like entities) may suddenly fall away, dissolve into formless flux where concepts such as death and life, time and space, past and future, have no meaning. There is only a pearly radiance of emptiness, the uncreated, without beginning, therefore without end."

This, I suppose, is the state one wishes to enter when delving into meditation.
With all respect:
is what u SUPPOSE credible evidence of factual truth ?

David
JLNobody

Mon 26 Mar, 2012 10:25 am
@thflower,
I like your statement, especiallly how meditation "harmonizes and OPENS your heart..." (but to "universal love and infinite knowledge" is a bit much for me). I like to think it opens one's heart and mind to the ordinary, everyday events and experiences of the here and now.
0 Replies