Signs for a four-year-old at Mondays rally for health care.

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 12:51 pm
My four year old daughter is going to her first political rally on Monday (I am awfully proud of her). We will be attending the rally for healthcare in Boston. It is time to put all that charisma and cuteness to some use to something that will improve the future she will live in.

She is excited that she gets to make a sign for her to carry.

Any ideas for what she should put on the sign? She reads simple words pretty well and it would be neat to have something she could read herself.. It would also be neat to have something about why health care would help her particularly (i.e. a better future). I figure upbeat and cute would be best.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 14 • Views: 4,527 • Replies: 53

kickycan

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 01:17 pm
@ebrown p,
How about this:

"Even a four-year-old can see that these conservative protesters are whiny douche bags!"
Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 01:40 pm
@ebrown p,
"My dad's indoctrinating me... the right way!"
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 02:16 pm
"Almost nine million American kids don't have health insurance. That's a shame."
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/08/29/47_million_americans_are_uninsured/
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 02:19 pm
"good health is a family value"
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 03:11 pm
"If you don't pass meaningful healthcare reform, I'll hold my breath until I turn blue!"
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 03:25 pm
"Show me the healthcare."

"All I want for XMas is a trip to the dentist."
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 03:31 pm
"I'm not a Sho Sho Wist!"

"I sold my crayolas for children's asprin"

Honestly, I like DTOM's idea best...

T
K
O
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 03:53 pm
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:

How about this:

"Even a four-year-old can see that these conservative protesters are whiny douche bags!"

I'd change 'whiny douch bags' to something like "whiny doodooheads" or "big ol' cry babies". Bet she'd get tv coverage!!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 05:02 pm
@ebrown p,
How about:

I'LL HELP PRES OBAMA BY MORTGAGING MY FUTURE FOR OBAMACARE. HOW ABOUT THE REST OF YOU KIDS?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 05:10 pm
@ebrown p,
Or

DON'T SMOKE, DRINK LESS, AND GET OFF OF THE COUCH AND LOSE SOME WEIGHT AND I WON'T HAVE TO MORTGAGE MY FUTURE FOR YOUR DR BILLS YOU OLD FARTS!
DrewDad

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 05:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I wonder, did they have these same arguments over the interstate highway system?

"I ain't a gonna pay for no roads in Nebraska! They should move where the goll-durn roads is already at!"
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 06:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

How about:

I'LL HELP PRES OBAMA BY MORTGAGING MY FUTURE FOR OBAMACARE. HOW ABOUT THE REST OF YOU KIDS?

why not? you didn't mind mortgaging it, and the future of your children and grandchildren for BUSHWAR, did you? you didn't mind mortgaging the future of other people's children and grandchildren either, did you?

here's something for you to think about;

1) what if your kids don't do so well in life? what if they actually need insurance and can't afford the big premiums and big deductibles? and both are sure to get bigger and bigger. and what about you? what if you, the hale and hearty finn actually lapse into a moment of mere human existence and have quad bypass surgery? and then you change, or lose your job and insurance.

good luck getting a company to take you with that hanging around your neck.

2) what if a grand child is born with a birth defect that has no cure or repair, a lifelong need for medical care? a condition that means that grandchild will not be able to function completely. a grandchild that is turned down for pre-existing? what if that lack of insurance guarantees a shitty life at best and death at worst?

are you really willing to shut down any and all attempts to see that your future and that of your children and grandchildren have at least a baseline health insurance available simply because you can't stand Obama and the mere thought of kicking out a couple of bucks extra drives you off the cliff.
farmerman

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 06:03 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
DONT LET THE REPUGLIKINS KILL MY GRAMMA
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 06:29 pm
I'd go with something along the lines of

PRO LIFE = GOOD HEALTHCARE

just to give them a run for their terminology money.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 08:56 pm
@DrewDad,
I wonder, WTF are you talking about?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 09:21 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
"BUSHWAR" as you call it, has not cost us what Obamacare will, and if it did, it was money spent on an existential threat as opposed to fulfilling a leftist agenda not required by real world considerations.

I will look after mine and theirs. I don't require you and yours to do so.

I was not born a Kennedy or Rockefeller. My wealth has been earned through the same applied principles that I have taught my children. I'm confident that they will achieve success similar to what I have managed.

If, by some quirk of fate or personal flaw they do not, I will spend my wealth to protect them. I will not ask you or yours to do so.

Is some form of heathcare reform necessary? Yes indeed.

Is socialized medicine necessary? Not at all.

All the utter bullshit the Democrats have attempted to feed us about their not wanting socialized medicine is just that.

You can disemble about what "The Public Option" means, but it is clear to anyone with half a brain that it means socialized medicine: a single payer plan: government run healthcare.

Each and every Dem leader, including Obama, has tipped his or her hand as respects The Public Option.

If you and they believe this is truly the savior of America...fine ---- just don't bullshit us about how you're not trying to establish socialized medicine.

Have the GD balls to admit what you are advocating and let the US populace decide what it wants.

Instead Obama & Co are attempting to game the American populace with euphemisims and out right lies.

If we disagree about the solution to America's healthcare problems, so be it.

If your view, expressed honestly, can garner majority approval, so be it.

Let's, though, have an honest contest of ideas, and not some horseshit elitists attempting to fool the American public for their own good.

ebrown p

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 09:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn,

Mija thinks you are a big meanie.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 11:26 pm
I guess it's either mortgage the future or go bankrupt when sick eh!

0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 11:48 pm
Im sure the Finns of the world couldent care less if a 4 year old dies for lack of health care.
0 Replies