Does your pet love you?

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 08:39 pm
I think my cat looks at me with love. Love like a kitten feels for it's mother or father. And I think it's the same kind of love and attachment we have for our parents. Cats can feel love in that way. Dogs can too. At least that's what I think. Of course, I could be wrong. What about you? What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 30 • Views: 6,924 • Replies: 95
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 08:40 pm
@kickycan,
Of course my pets don't love me. They tolerate me. They're cats, chrissake!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 08:53 pm
Well, just now, when i was in the kitchen turning the sausages, they were giving me looks of pure devotion . . .
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 08:54 pm
@kickycan,
Your cat doesn't love you. She respects you for feeding you. So does my mother's dog.
farmerman

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 08:56 pm
A cat will lik your face with the same affection with which it licks its own ass.
Youre just doing a transferral . If you dont understand, see rogers post above.
Cats have a brain as big as a sour ball.
farmerman

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 08:58 pm
@kickycan,
A dog will eat cat **** and then try to give you a big kiss.
For a dog, its not love, its flavor.
kickycan

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 08:59 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Your cat doesn't love you. She respects you for feeding you. So does my mother's dog.

Well then why does he look at me in such a loving way when I scratch him in his favorite spot underneath his chin?
kickycan

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 09:00 pm
Are you all trying to tell me that cats don't love their mothers?
farmerman

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 09:06 pm
@kickycan,
CAts are like any other young of species. They are helpless and self centered. They NEED their mothers. Love is something weve made up to desceribe the union and the bond.

What the **** do I know, my kids only saw me as one big bottomless wallet.
chai2

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 09:10 pm
roland loves me very much.

The first night we got him, I slept with him in a separate room so our other cat would have a chance to adjust.

He made muffins on me for what seemed like hours, until I picked him up by the nape of the neck, deposited him on my left hip, where he passed out.

To this day he sleeps with me, stretched out against my back. If I start to walk toward the back of the house past a certain time, he'll run ahead and jump into bed waiting for me. If I wasn't going to bed, just going to get something, he'll come out into the hall and meow for me to come back to the love nest.

I've taught him how to stand on the pedal of the eliptical machine and go for a ferris wheel ride, and he can almost balance on top of a pilates ball (I hold it a little bit steady)

I brush his teeth, and he drinks from the faucet while I'm brushing mine.

He's my big boy, and I love him very much too.
Thomas

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 09:12 pm
@kickycan,
Because he's a talented human-trainer. He knows that if he rewards you in this way for petting you, you'll pet him more.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 10:11 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Respect? And why would she respect anyone for doing what they were put on earth to do.

Feed a dog; it thinks you are a god.
Feed a cat; it thinks it's a god.
angell

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 10:21 pm
@kickycan,
well i for one know your cat loves you!
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 11:21 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Why is Kicky feeding your mother's dog?
roger

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 12:57 am
@joefromchicago,
Hey, he's that kind of guy.
aidan

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 02:44 am
@roger,
I think my dog loves me. I know she respects me, at least moreso than anyone else in the house.
My daughter or son will say, 'Pearl, come here,' trying to get her in or out of the house and she totally ignores them. I'll go to the door and say, 'Pearl!' one word, one time and she's in or out like a shot.
My kids get so mad.
She's also extremely protective. If we're walking and I trip or fall down, she'll stand right there with me until I get up. If I'm crying, she'll come and lay her head in my lap.
It might just be because I walk her- I don't feed her- my kids do that. And you might not call it love- but it's certainly devotion of the purest sort.
roger

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 05:29 am
@aidan,
I've no doubt she does. I think that's the very nature of dogs. Cats are different on a very fundamental level.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 05:33 am
@aidan,
i know my dog loves me.

in the same fashion one human would love another.

to say animals dont share human emotions, is to say humans are animals and cant have emotions as well.

mammals anyway.

anthropomorphism? i think its called.

anyways, when i yell at my dog, shes sad, when i train her too long she gets bored and she gets frustrated, when i come over for my 4 times a week visit, she gets happy, when the other dogs get near "her" bowl, she gets angry, when shes sees other big dogs, now at least, she gets scared. when she sees me, i know she loves me.

i just know it.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 07:01 am
@chai2,
Flash Gordon is like that.

He will take a flying leap from a counter top to get into my arms if I dont pay him enough attention.

If Im crying, he licks my face and my cheeks.

I have been really sick these last few days and he is laying on me all the time.

He comes to the bedroom when I go to bed and lays on my neck or close to my face , and puts his paws on my cheeks and purrs and watches me while i fall asleep.

While I am cooking, or doing anything in the kitchen, he stands on the little pony wall bar and watches , talks, and just otherwise focuses on everything I do.
He drags blankets across the house and puts them at my feet.

He also takes baths with me

but we all know.. my animals are not normal. HA
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 07:53 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Kicky feeds your mother's dog? Small world....
0 Replies