ways to call someone fat

dirrtydozen22

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:15 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
Was there really any war-crime trials against him (even though he is guilty of one)? I think he's in a wheelchair cuz he kept having heart conditions.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:16 am
ok... think that.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:17 am
@dirrtydozen22,
DD22, Thanks for your apology. I appreciate you opening your mind to other people's lives. It will make you a better person.

BBB

0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:20 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
DD22 has a little trouble picking up the beat, but we like her. She's really trying to get the hang of us here. Granted, it's been a little rocky - as this thread illustrates.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:23 am
This thread is quintessentially A2K and should be archived.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:26 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

DrewDad, I will attempt to educate you. When I was a thin 36 year old athletic person, I tore the cartilage in my right knee so badly it required repair surgery. I could no longer do strenuous exercize. When I was fifty years old, my knee degenerated so badly that it failed and I had a total knee replacement that was botched by the surgeon. I could walk, but I had to be very careful. My physical activity was severely limited due to increased disability. I tried to control my weight but it rose to 260 pounds. I was so desperate, I enrolled in a liquid diet program and lost 100 pounds. Sadly, I couldn't maintain my weight loss because of my disabilities. I was desperate and had stomach surgery to help me lose weight and maintain a healthy weight. My weight has gone up and down but it is at 190 pounds right now. I watch my diet, but my severe disabilities restrict my physical activities. Without vigorous activity, dieting won't reduce my weight.

If you are thin, you have no idea what overweight people go through trying to maintain a healthy weight. I didn't do it to try to look good, I tried to do it to protect my health.

Another thing you should know about why poor people tend to be overweight. Healthy food costs a lot more than cheap fatty foods. The financially secure can afford healthy foods. The poor can only afford to feed their families with what fits within their low income.

No one enjoys being fat. They are already ashamed. Don't add to their low self-esteem by having fun at their expense.

BBB

Nice post.

I would say, though, that it's easy and cheap to eat healthy - as long as you don't mind eating bland. Rice and beans will keep you healthy and cost very little, but are not very enjoyable over the long run.

I wonder, have you tried swimming at all? I know several with knee problems for whom the water is their only viable form of exercise, and many of them are now in great shape even though they practically can't walk outside the pool.

Cycloptichorn
Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:27 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
I'm beginning to feel like an A2K relic.
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:27 am
It ain't that easy, my friend.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:30 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
I'm beginning to feel like an A2K relic.

You still look good, if that's any consolation.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:34 am
@Cycloptichorn,
After my 100 pound loss following the liquid fast diet in which I ate no food for a year except the liquid, I swam laps for an hour from 6 to 7 am every morning before I went to my job, even in the cold and rain. I gradually regained the weight plus more, partly because a year of fasting changes the body's metabolism, and the swimming was not enough exercize to maintain my weight loss. Broke my heart to fail! Crying or Very sad

BBB
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:34 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I thought I was done, but I guess not.

Cyclo - For 20 years I taught a workshop teaching poor people how to eat and get the most for their money. It was a tough battle. Our government created a food system in which you can buy the most calories for the least amount of money by subsidizing the corn and soy industry. They created a culture of cheap, unhealthy eating- mostly among the lower classes. It's hard to sell people 1000 calories worth of lentils when they get 3000 calories worth of white bread and bacon for the same money. Food stamps will buy you soda and chips, but until recently you could not use them at a Farmer's Market. Happily, I think this is going to change.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:37 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
I owe it all to clean living and preaching to the masses of the internet.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:37 am
@Green Witch,
Your comments are so true. Thanks for posting them. Most people think the food stamp program was created to help feed the poor. In fact, it was created to subsidize and maintain the income of the agriculture system. The poor were helped as a side benefit.

A lot of people are going to experience the poor's diets if our economic situation gets worse.

BBB
Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:44 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I've already noticed it BBB. I'm what I call a shopping cart voyeur. I always peek at other people's groceries. I see a lot more generics and less organic. More 2 for 1 deals being bought, even if the food itself is junky. More cheap vegetable oil, less olive oil. Less fresh, more frozen and canned. Not good for a country that needs to lower diseases caused by bad nutrition.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 11:51 am
@Green Witch,
I'm unable to stand for very long and so I shop and eat differently than I used to. More prepared foods that can be fixed quickly, making it difficult to reduce salt intake.

Now that my daughter Butrflynet is moving from California to Albuquerque to share my home, I can enjoy her great cooking skills and good company. Can't wait for her to arrive March 1st. Hope she can tame my computer that my non-techie brain abuses.

BBB

0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 01:44 pm
I understand that people's metabolisms are different, but the bottom line is that if you're gaining weight, you're eating too much food for your metabolism.

Yes, Sharon may be able to maintain her 150lb body on 1800 calories / day. But Susan might only be able to eat 1700 calories / day and maintain that same weight. The FACT is that if you're gaining fat, you're eating too much.

To lose weight you eat less calories, it's not any more complicated than that. You don't even need to exercise if you don't want to, you just need to eat less calories than your body burns.
JTT

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 08:29 pm
@maporsche,
I don't think it's quite that simple, MaP.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Obesity---No-Longer-Considered-as-a-Case-of-Simply-Eating-Too-Much&id=1074292

I recently saw a program on a fella from CA, of Filipino origin, who finally had to undergo gastric bypass. The program touched on the same issues as the brief article above.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 08:34 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I await hearing about your swimming at near eighty with a variety of disabilities.

Of course, by then I'll be a little old.

Re Map, I just roll my eyes. You speak from youth and good fortune.
shewolfnm

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 08:46 pm
Your alkaline levels dictate , to a certain extent, fat absorption and storage.
Acidic bodies tend to keep fat on an easier level then bodies whos ph's are balanced .

But, I have to disagree with you Mp for just a tad...

YES. Calories count. And i would say that is the majority of the battle for -most- body types..
But the quality of that calorie counts as well.

I can eat 1,800 calories of bacon every day. Stay under my calorie intake and -gain weight-. Why? Fat calories.. salt..lack of vitamins..etc.

If one can match good calories with the proper intake of calories you can lose weight with out lifting a thumb.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 01:40 pm
@ossobuco,
All I'm saying is that there has never been a fat person who has eaten fewer calories than their body burns.

People are fat because they eat too much food. No way around that simple basic fact.