Black wedding dress

Chai

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 07:34 pm
Darn, don't know why the others didn't come up...it worked ok in preview.

anyway, I think it could be quite elegant.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 07:35 pm
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/edressme_1956_5984986
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 07:35 pm
AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!

right caribou?
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 07:37 pm
http://img.shopsafe.com/shop/edressme_com/thumbs/black_evening_gowns_by_gilar_edressme_com_sm.jpg

ah, I was going to edit that!

dress here
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 07:39 pm
yeah, that's nice.

If I were you, I'd go to a nice department store, and look at the evening clothes.

Especially closer to the holidays, Christmas, New Years, you find a lot of great black gowns.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 07:40 pm
I went to an incredible Halloween wedding once.

The groom (who nobody knew was the groom) was reknowned for his Halloween parties. They were HUGE events with hundreds of people in outrageous costumes always held in a fancy location.

His girlfriend was dresses as a bride.

In the middle of the party they stopped everything, got married, REALLY got married, by a man "costumed" as a priest, and then the party went back into full swing.

It's anyone's guess whether the nuns were real or not. I suspect some were and some weren't.

It was a blast.

How they managed to keep it a secret is truly amazing.

I think a black wedding dress is fine. The only hesitation I would have is if your parents think it's a bad idea AND they're paying for the wedding.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 07:48 pm
Oh...that's really cool boom.

When my step daughter had a commitment ceremony with her girlfriend, she had I think 5 brides maids....so 5 ushers. Her half brother was the only male usher, all the rest were other girl friends, all dressed in tuxes. Really cute. Well, as cute as more masculine looking girls in tuxes can be. The bridesmaids were all pixie cute.

heh, just remembering, I little digression if you don't mind. During the reception, one of the ushers was dancing with her girlfriend, who was this absolutely gorgeous wispy little Asian girl. It was a romantic dance, and the tux girl was slow dancing, and before I realized it, she was grabbing the fem girls butt. All I could think was, "Wow, I'd like to be 25 again and have some hunk grab my ass."

So, in other words, being different didn't get in the way of tradition, or the usual butt grabbing episodes that goes on during such events.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 08:23 pm
Sweet!

I'm old but not one to get hung up on tradition. Weddings should be a celebration of the couple getting married and should reflect them.

We decided on a Wednesday to get married the upcoming weekend, called a friend who was a judge, called some friends, got together at our house, got married, ate Vietnamese food.

I wore purple, something that was already in my closet.

We've been married almost 20 years.
0 Replies

ricksang

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 09:08 pm
Wow guys thanks for all the comments!!!! Yes, I have changed my mind sooo much about my dress. But I keep coming back to this one dress. It is sooo me. I do need to talk to a seamstress before I automatically think the dress can't be copied. My mom is all for the black dress. She is a Halloween freak. She does a haunted trail in the woods for Halloween each year. I grew up around horror movies and Halloween. My Fiance' is Gothic. So a Halloween wedding was inevitable!! The wedding is going to be glamour/old horror hollywood. We rented a castle in Louisiana. We are going to play black and white horror movies in the back ground on a big screen. We are having candy buffet for the guests. We are having a Cajun style dinner, I am from Louisiana and miss the food!!! The centerpieces are a mixture of calla lilies and black feathers. It is going to be a blast!!! I found the perfect handmade invitations online. They have little black handmade calla lilies on the front. I wanted a Halloween wedding without it being to cheesy Halloween, if you know what I mean.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 05:16 am
I have nothing against a black dress if it's what ricksang wants. She originally said "I wish my Fiance would let me wear a white dress."

Since then she's sounded more enthusiastic. I still say though that if SHE wants to wear a white dress, she should wear a white dress.

If SHE wants to wear a black dress, cool.

I searched for a while last night, vintage stores seemed to have some close matches in the $300 range (in black), from the 40's or so, but I didn't find any that were currently in stock.

The search terms that were fruitful were "black silk lace gown" with "mermaid" or "trumpet" added.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 05:42 am
ricksang wrote:
But I keep coming back to this one dress. It is sooo me. I do need to talk to a seamstress before I automatically think the dress can't be copied.

ricksang - it's really quite a simple dress that you've selected. The particular model and ad may bring it some additional dimension that you're picking up on, but the dress is really not a difficult style to make.
0 Replies

ricksang

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 09:04 am
Cool. We shall see!!!!
0 Replies