Giuliani Co-Chair Called Blacks 'Retarded'

Zippo

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 10:25 am
Giuliani Co-Chair Called Blacks 'Retarded'

If you're going to be judged by the company you keep, then Republican presidential hopeful Rudy Giuliani should inspect his inner circle a little more closely.

Giuliani, who is the only major presidential candidate whose campaign is being run entirely by whites as revealed in "Which Presidential Campaign Is Worst for Diversity?" in DiversityInc's June 2007 issue, is being slammed by the Democratic National Committee for his selection of Arthur Ravenel Jr., a former U.S. congressman who is the new co-chair of his campaign in South Carolina. According to the DNC, Ravenel has a long history of making insensitive, racist comments toward blacks, comments that Ravenel has dismissed as mere "slips."...

http://www.diversityinc.com/public/2124.cfm

Evil or Very Mad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,857 • Replies: 48
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 10:44 am
Diversity sucks, and you just played the race card.

You lose.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 10:57 am
cjhsa wrote:
Diversity sucks, and you just played the race card.

You lose.
Cool
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 11:07 am
Rudy obviously plays the race card.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 11:10 am
blueflame1 wrote:
Rudy obviously plays the race card.

How is Rudy playing the race card? Explain?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 11:34 am
"Giuliani Co-Chair Called Blacks 'Retarded'"
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 11:41 am
blueflame1 wrote:

Show us where in the article the word "retarded" was used?

(It wasn't!!! Zippy made it up!)
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 11:45 am
woiyo wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

Liar. Did you even read the f*cking article?

Here, let me paste it for you:

Quote:
Among Ravenel's various "slips" are:

Referring to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) as the "National Association for Retarded People" at a flag rally in 2000

Sheesh, you are slipping these days woiyo

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 11:50 am
woiyo, the cat dont even deny the charges. He says it was a slip. By appointing this known racist Ravenel to a leadership position in his lily white campaign Rudy is playing a race card. It's a strong statement not ignored by his core constituancy. Kind of crystal clear code. Appointment of Racially Divisive Figure Raises Questions about His Mayoral Record on Race Relations
July 6, 2007 -- Rudy Giuliani will face tough questions today about whether or not he condones the racist comments of Arthur Ravenel, Jr., the new co-chair of his campaign in South Carolina. When he campaigns in the Palmetto State today, Giuliani should condemn Ravenel's long history of racially divisive statements, including his reference to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) as the "National Association for Retarded People" at a flag rally in 2000. When asked about the comment at the time, Ravenel said, "I made a rhetorical slip, and they want to lynch me for it." [Austin-American Statesman, 1/9/00, The Post and Courier, 10/18/06]
link
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 11:59 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
woiyo wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

Quote:

Referring to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) as the "National Association for Retarded People" at a flag rally in 2000

Cycloptichorn

Calm down a-hole. He referred to the NAACP and he admitted it as a "slip" 7 years ago. That make Rudy racist?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 12:01 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
woiyo, the cat dont even deny the charges. He says it was a slip. By appointing this known racist Ravenel to a leadership position in his lily white campaign Rudy is playing a race card. It's a strong statement not ignored by his core constituancy. Kind of crystal clear code. Appointment of Racially Divisive Figure Raises Questions about His Mayoral Record on Race Relations
July 6, 2007 -- Rudy Giuliani will face tough questions today about whether or not he condones the racist comments of Arthur Ravenel, Jr., the new co-chair of his campaign in South Carolina. When he campaigns in the Palmetto State today, Giuliani should condemn Ravenel's long history of racially divisive statements, including his reference to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) as the "National Association for Retarded People" at a flag rally in 2000. When asked about the comment at the time, Ravenel said, "I made a rhetorical slip, and they want to lynch me for it." [Austin-American Statesman, 1/9/00, The Post and Courier, 10/18/06]
link

So as Mayor of NYC, he NEVER had black people in his administration?

He has one knucklehead who says something stupid 7 or more years ago and you paint Rudy a Racist?

Yet you support Robert Byrd and his party?

Talk about hypocrites?

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 12:08 pm
He has one knucklehead he appointed to a leadership position who has many incidents in his past of racial slurs. Even in calling his retarded statement a slip he slipped in an insulting and ugly racist comment about lynching. Rudy has no racial diversity in his campaign which is a loud and clear statement. And by the way I support no political party.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 12:09 pm
woiyo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
woiyo wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

Quote:

Cycloptichorn

Calm down a-hole. He referred to the NAACP and he admitted it as a "slip" 7 years ago. That make Rudy racist?

I'm quite calm, thanks.

You made the affirmative assertion:

Quote:

Which was 100% bullshit. You didn't even read the article. Frankly, I'm sure you're embarrassed at the moment so I won't say anything else about it.

A 'slip' is when you let your true feelings show. Not an 'error,' but he let something 'slip.' It doesn't mean that Rudy himself is Racist, but he hires racists and criminals (Kerik and the son of the guy in question)... poor f*cking judgment.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 12:20 pm
I am sure no democrat will hire Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson for their campaigns considering their vast racist backgrounds.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 12:21 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
He has one knucklehead he appointed to a leadership position who has many incidents in his past of racial slurs. Even in calling his retarded statement a slip he slipped in an insulting and ugly racist comment about lynching. Rudy has no racial diversity in his campaign which is a loud and clear statement. And by the way I support no political party.

So therefore, that makes him a racist by "association" (or lack thereof)?

Therefore, I submit Hillary Clinton is a racist.

She co-writes an Op-Ed in the Daily News with Robert Byrd, an admitted racist by association..therefore, Hillery is a Racist?

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2007/07/10/2007-07-10_this_is_not_our_fight.html

You support the Democrats who support Byrd. You are a racist by association?

National Association of "COLORED" People is a racist organization, since they only support the adancement of one color, black.

You pulled the race card. You Lose!!!
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 12:23 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I am sure no democrat will hire Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson for their campaigns considering their vast racist backgrounds.

Yet, many Democrats will beg to meet with these 2 racists, because, in the minds of Democrats, Race Matters!!

Therefore, they are racists.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 01:39 pm
Byrd has acknoweledged the error of his ways in the past. He showed remorse rather than use the kind of snide ultra-racist lynching statement Rudy's guy made. One thing about Byrd is he told America the truth about Bushie's unjust war in Iraq since before Shock & Awe. If the US Senate has any redemption in the history of these times Byrd's speeches on the war will be shining hours. Considering his racist past his recovery and clearsighted and strident warnings and condemnation of Bushie's unjust war are all the more amazing. I'm proud of the old fart turned Statesman.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 05:53 am
blueflame1 wrote:
Byrd has acknoweledged the error of his ways in the past. He showed remorse rather than use the kind of snide ultra-racist lynching statement Rudy's guy made. One thing about Byrd is he told America the truth about Bushie's unjust war in Iraq since before Shock & Awe. If the US Senate has any redemption in the history of these times Byrd's speeches on the war will be shining hours. Considering his racist past his recovery and clearsighted and strident warnings and condemnation of Bushie's unjust war are all the more amazing. I'm proud of the old fart turned Statesman.

Don't change the subject you racist pig.

"Rudys" guy NEVER put a hood over his head, did he?

You "Lilly-White" so call liberals just LOVE to pull these "race baiting" comments out there so you can call someone a racist, when it is YOU, who are the racist since you are the one 's who keep making excuses for the failure of people to take responsibility for their themselves. You keep blaming "white people" for the failures of others. Then when someone of color becomes successful, you stnad right behind the Al Sharptons of the world and call them an "Uncle Tom" (see colin powell).

Race DOES NOT MATTER!!!!
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 08:10 am
woiyo, "Rudys" guy NEVER put a hood over his head, did he?" We dont know that. I wouldn't bet against it. I wouldn't bet Rudy never put a hood over his head either.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 10:45 am
blueflame1 wrote:
woiyo, "Rudys" guy NEVER put a hood over his head, did he?" We dont know that. I wouldn't bet against it. I wouldn't bet Rudy never put a hood over his head either.
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies