1. Which one of the five choices makes the best comparison? LIVED is to DEVIL as 6323 is to:
2. Which one of these five is least like the other four?
Explanation: stands upright
3. Which number should come next? 144 121 100 81 64 ?
Explanation: - 23 - 21 - 19 - 17 the next one is 64 - 15
4. Even the most ___________ rose has thorns.
Explanation: because the other words don't make a sensical contrast
5. HAND is to Glove as HEAD is to
Explanation: come on!
Explanation: just reverse the first set
7. John likes 400 but not 300; he likes 100 but not 99; he likes 2500 but not 2400. Which does he like?
Explanation: search this site, Jespah answered this here before. Many of these questions are all over the net, that's why I doubt emode minds if the answers are posted.
8. A fallacious argument is:
Explanation: that's the closest to the definition
9. If you rearrange the letters "ANLDEGN," you would have the name of a(n):
Explanation: join me in a stirring rendition of "beasts of england"
10. NASA received three messages in a strange language from a distant planet. The scientists studied the messages and found that "Necor Buldon Slock" means "Danger Rocket Explosion" and "Edwan Mynor Necor" means "Danger Spaceship Fire" and "Buldon Gimilzor Gondor" means "Bad Gas Explosion". What does "Slock" mean?
Explanation: just use the process of elimination
11. If some Wicks are Slicks, and some Slicks are Snicks, then some Wicks are definitely Snicks. The statement is:
Explanation: "definitely" seals the deal
12. Ann is taller than Jill, and Kelly is shorter than Ann. Which of the following statements would be most accurate?
Answer: It's impossible to tell
13. A boy is 4 years old and his sister is three times as old as he is. When the boy is 12 years old, how old will his sister be?
Explanation: just addition and multiplication
14. Assume that these two statements are true: All brown-haired men have bad tempers. Larry is a brown-haired man. The statement Larry has a bad temper is:
Explanation: a = b, b = c so a = c
15. Two girls caught 25 frogs. Lisa caught four times as many as Jen did. How many frogs did Jen catch?
Explanation: just math again
16. Inept is the opposite of:
Explanation: This is a mistake on emode's part they include another word that is correct ("fit").
17. A car traveled 28 miles in 30 minutes. How many miles per hour was it traveling?
18. If all Zips are Zoodles, and all Zoodles are Zonkers, then all Zips are definitely Zonkers.
The above sentence is logically:
Explanation: same as the brown hair one above
19. Sue is both the 50th best and the 50th worst student at her school. How many students attend her school?
Explanation 50 + 49
20. In a race from point X to point Y and back, Jack averages 30 miles per hour to point Y and 10 miles per hour back to point X. Sandy averages 20 miles per hour in both directions. Between Jack and Sandy, who finished first?
Explanation: jack only catches up at the end
21. Ten people can paint 60 houses in 120 days, so five people can paint 30 houses in:
Explanation: just math again
22. The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never ________.
Explanation: it's the obvious choice for the sentence to have a tiny bit of wit. The other words would be awkward.
23. Which number should come next? 64, 16, 4, 1, ¼?
Explanation : divide by 4
24. What number is one half of one quarter of one tenth of 800?
Explanation: just math
25. A cynic is one who knows the price of everything and the ________ of nothing.
Explanation: it's just the most fitting word, 'tis all
26. Two cars start off at the same point on a straight highway facing opposite directions. Each car drives for 6 miles, takes a left turn, and drives for 8 miles. How far apart are the two cars?
explanation: just math
27. Which one of these five things is least like the other four?
explanation: this was a horrible question with multiple answers that made sense.
28. Wisdom is knowing what to do next; __________ is doing it.
Explanation: simply the most fitting
29. It is easier to _______________ than to offer a helping hand.
Answewr: point a finger
Explanation: cause the others make litttle sense (except the insult one, it just makes less sense).
30. True knowledge exists in knowing that you know ___________.
Explanation: I think they were going for philosophical but ended up with common knowledge.
31. Which word best completes the analogy: Water is to glass as letter is to...
Explanation: lots on this in that questions for such a short test
33. Which one of the designs is least like the other four?
Explanation: It's round
For the picture sequence above, find the picture that follows logically from one of the six below.
Explanation: reverse inner and outer colors and suchj
For the picture sequence above, find the picture that follows logically from one of the five below.
Explanation: Two are still one is moving up the other from top right to bottom left
Fill in the empty box above with the correct picture from below
Fill in the white box above with the correct picture from below
Explanation: there is no repetition of the smaller symbol in the rows, there is repetition of the larger shape and the last criteria is color (there has to be variance across the row). All the criteria together leads to the answer. The dark circle is wrong because then the row would be all dark.
Explanation: role reversal...
Explanation: not needed
40. Which design does not belong in this group?
Explanation: big/small versus small/small