• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 5,220 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 05:23 pm
@sbrissman,
You and others might find this site and blog comments of interest:

http://onemansblog.com/2007/11/08/the-massive-list-of-genius-people-with-the-highest-iq/

You might also find this article on Marilyn vos Savant and others with high IQ of interest. Until recently, the Guinness World Records listed her as having the highest IQ at 228, but has since removed that category from their records saying that IQ tests are unreliable.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/4add9230-23d5-11de-996a-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1DstMNakE

Quote:

In 1985, Guinness World Records accepted that she had answered every question correctly on an adult Stanford-Binet IQ test at the age of just 10, a result that gave her a corresponding mental age of 22 years and 11 months, and an unearthly IQ of 228.
WendyLou

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 09:49 pm
@sbrissman,
I have it on good authority that IQ tests can be pretty unreliable. It depends upon the test, where it is conducted how it is conducted and also that IQ test results can change from year to year. It also depends upon whether or not you are tired, distracted, not in the mood and the next day you could be the opposite of those feelings. Setting a number upon intelligence is ridiculous. It should only ever be a guide and in any event one knows what one understands and one doesn't.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 12:19 am
@sbrissman,
Oh silly me, I could only find the mockery iq test where you scored 198 on questions like:

If you divide 100 by 25, what will you eat for dinner?

0 Replies

ssbrissman

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 07:15 pm
@sbrissman,
It is me Stephan Brissman! Correction - I am now healthy - not schizofrenic as I used to be!!
0 Replies

sbrissman

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2011 05:04 pm
@sbrissman,
I have an IQ score of 198... 225 in IQ equals schizofrenia... that I have not!!
The statement is written in error.. I am sorry about that. I had a score of that IQ 225 but realized it was not right from the site nor from me. / C J Stephan Brissman. / Sweden. For give me, please. My doctor says I am healthy!!!
WendyLou

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 02:30 pm
@Butrflynet,
There are three ways of looking at IQ tests. Firstly, your IQ changes throughout your life. Secondly a high IQ does not a genius make, unless it is backed up with motivation and thirdly it very much depends upon the test anyway, how it is conducted, what it covers. However, they are fun to do, aren't they.
0 Replies

WendyLou

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 02:32 pm
@Butrflynet,
I have a way out theory.....if there is a markedly high IQ in existence, compared to the rest of the population on this planet, i.e. high genius levels of IQ, then maybe they came here from parts unknown to impregnate our race and elevate our IQ which very early on was probably exceedingly low, ie. stone age man, etc. What do you think? I'm not a UFO crank or anything like that....just someone with a very open mind an all things.
0 Replies

swemerica

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 04:43 pm
@sbrissman,
What do you mean by "not right from the site"? A reliable IQ test must be issued by a professionally trained and certified IQ test giver. The most common test is the Wechsler-Binet scale. One of my closest friends were tested by a certified professional at age 12 and measured an IQ of 198. I am therefore a tad confused by your statement "the site". Also, an IQ of 225 does not necessarily equal schizophrenic. Schizophrenia is not necessarily tied to intelligence, but is a mental disease that can afflict people of lower intelligence as well.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 04:57 pm
@sbrissman,
IQ as a measure of anything is overrated. Get over yourself.

It's more important is to have morals, and to treat all with respect and dignity.

Book smarts is only one level of human measurement.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 05:04 pm
@sbrissman,
Your simple mistakes prove that high IQ is no guarantee of anything. Mr. Green
0 Replies