Wedding Anniversaries, Silver and Otherwise

Swimpy

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 10:53 am
Happy anniversary, edgar. It's also the anniversary of our wedding.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 02:34 pm
Thanks. We really have had a good time of it.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 02:46 pm
Edgar, Swimpy--

This is also the 20th wedding anniversary for Mr. Noddy and me. We're celebrating by getting the outside of the house painted. Come the 25th anniversary, we'll be impractical.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 03:23 pm
Congrats to the mr and mrs edgarblyth's, mr and mrs swimpy's, and mr and mrs noddy's!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 03:57 pm
Thanks, eBeth.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 04:14 pm
Our 25th was last month, I it pulled off a surprise anniversary party for the Mrs. I had pre-arranged a place to have it, then a special friend stepped forward to host it at there home.
Instead of catering I was choosing to do it myself with the help of a good friend a "cav" type person - with skills much better than mine. On a Wednesday night I went out and bought most the supplies for the food including 2 sirloin tips (about 7 lbs total) and 15 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts on the way home from the office and dropped it off at another friends home. The results were Chicken and Beef fajitas with the trimmings the next day I went to Costco and ordered a sheet cake. Friday night was sneaking away until 1:15 am to cook and prepare everything.

Geesh that was a great night standing out at the BBQ cooking and watching the Northern Lights which were tremendous that evening, and singing music by the guitar of my friends daughter. To bad the Mrs. missed that - LOL. About 11:30 pm I called home to tell the Mrs. I had met a friend and had to go to there home to repair their Computer because they were in a pinch. When I got home that night the Mrs. was totally P.O.'d - Saturday was more of the same thing!!!!! P.O.'d.
Sunday morning I finally said you know we have to go to our friends for a BBQ - she just as well drop it so we can have a better day! LOL

Well when we got to the friends hosting she noticed a few extra cars and said what the heck?? Yea a few extra people for our anniversary - she didn't know there were a number of more cars on the next block over. She got her socks knocked off when she saw the 50 to 60 folks there - LOL - then she said "Does this surprise you, about our friends doing a surprise party?" I explained nope - but if she could consider being a little nicer about me fixing peoples computers it would be a lot nicer. So Mrs. Husker had just a great time. Any everyone who helped out could not believe how easy it was to do.

No - I was really thankful to everyone who helped pull if off for a great event.

So there you go Edgar a little inspiration. - Great Job!!!! Congrats
And darn - I had to give another clue to my real age - so if you can all figure that avatar is well an old one Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 04:33 pm
Well done, husker. Beautiful story.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 04:54 pm
The avatar's very sweet, husker.

Congrats to the lot of ye! Can I ask how many years in your case, Swimp?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 04:57 pm
A tip of the ball cap to the ones of you I have not individually acknowledged. Thanks and congrats where congrats are in order.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 12:31 am
oh those were the days Wink
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2003 10:34 pm
Very, very nice, edgar! I just knew you would pull off something special! Congratulations to you...and many more wonderful years together.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 04:51 am
Hi, Eva. Thanks.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 06:25 pm
Soz, It's 29. I think it just might last.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 07:03 pm
Twenty nine is indeed impressive.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 07:43 pm
As you said, edgar, it's not perfect but we give each other space. We are both pretty strong willed, so it is a challenge.
0 Replies