Horror has struck, way too close to home.

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 10:15 pm
Last Saturday night, in an apparent jealous rage, a psychopath murdered 5 people and critically wounded a sixth before killing himself. He shot his ex-girlfriend, her sister and a friend who was at the wrong place, at the wrong timeĀ…Those were the adults. The monster also killed their twin 7 month old baby boys, after shooting his 20 month old baby girl in the chest. Amazingly; the baby girl is listed as being in good condition.
I grew up with the father of the murdered sisters. He, my recent business partner and I did most of our trouble making together. I was the best man in his wedding and remember clearly how proud he was when these girls were born. We finally lost touch around a decade ago when our lives moved in different directions. This poor sonofabitch lost his father to a fire as a child, and now, last Saturday lost his only two children and 2 out of 3 of his grandchildren to a psychopath. I am not looking forward to this funeral.

http://www.gazetteextra.com/index.asp
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,072 • Replies: 32
No top replies

martybarker

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 10:17 pm
Occumbill,
I'm so sorry to hear how close this is to you. I heard about this story and it saddens me.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 10:18 pm
Oh, man.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 10:39 pm
When I'm in Florida it seems the local segment of the nightly news is a parade of one unbelievable event after that another... but this kind of **** just doesn't happen in small town Wisconsin (very often). Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 10:43 pm
It seems to becoming more and more of a common occurrence where I live.

This is an edit: I didn't mean to be unsympathetic OCCOM BILL
It is just I seem to have to deal with it in one way or another
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 11:02 pm
I'm so sorry, Bill. What an awful story.

You're right, this will be a difficult funeral for you. But go anyway. I'm sure your friend will appreciate having you there.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 11:05 pm
It boggles the mind...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 11:22 pm
Aargh....so sorry to hear that, Bill.

I only hope they did not suffer for long, that it was very quick.

At least you can be there for your friend.....
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 11:39 pm
Thanks for the empathy, you guys.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 03:32 am
Such a sad and needless tragedy. One can only imagine what the family must go through.

A friend's sister was severely hacked by an axe wielding maniac and her husband was killed the attack by a son in-law.

These things are hard to deal with. The murder of the babies in your story especially saddens my heart.

I pray that your friend can find some comfort in his life after this terrible event.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 05:47 am
What a horrible way for someone to lose thier family.
I feel sorry for your friend. I can not imagine burying my own children that way.

And yes, it does seem to be happening more often for some strange reason.
People are shooting people for almost anything .

needless grief.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 05:50 am
Bill -- I'm terribly sorry for your friend and his family, and for you having to go through this.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 06:21 am
Bill--

We live in a chaotic world. Please accept my sympathy.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 06:23 am
I heard about this. How anyone could shoot babies is beyond comprehension.
My sympathies, Bill.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 06:33 am
((((((((((Bill and friend))))))))))))

Hard to process what some people are capable of.

Your presence will likely be more comforting than you may realize....still, impossible situation. You're a kind friend to be there.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 08:21 am
OB
Such a tragic event. Family survivors will need lots of comfort for a long, long time. It's hard enough to lose loved ones from illness or accident, but doubly hard due to murder. There are support groups of people with similar experiences that may be of help.

A wealthy man I once worked for had nine children. They went out for dinner one evening, leaving their children with their 19 year old daughter. When they drove home after dinner, they found that their house had caught fire and eight of the children were dead of smoke inhalation. Their twelve year old son got his ten year old sister out of the house, then he went back in to rescue the seven month old baby from his crib. He never made it out. I will never forget the mother dressing her children and combing their hair in preparation for their funeral. At least they didn't burn to death.

Months later, it was discovered that the fire had been started by an arsonist, who was never identified. The parents never recovered from the loss of all but one of their children. The surviving ten year old daughter always lived with guilt syndrome, wondering why she was the only one to escape the fire due to the bravery of her older brother.

BBB
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 11:41 am
A little light: the little girl's recovery is astounding. The bullet apparently missed the heart and only collapsed a lung. Miraculously (I don't know anything about medicine, so it sounds miraculous to me); they didn't have to do anything but keep her sedated so she wouldn't wiggle... and now she's set to be released already, in good shape.

On the downside; my friend's house has been besieged by the vampiric press and one c*cksucker even posed as a priest to try to get a story (wish I was there to beat that sonofabitch unconscious). They've since posted a Cop outside to keep the parasites at bay. Funeral for all on Saturday. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 12:05 pm
wishing you strength and comfort dude.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 12:26 pm
Bill,

I am very sorry to hear you were close to the family of the victims. I also know how strange the press can be about tragedies.

In the 1980's I knew a couple who were having financial problems because the husband, a construction worker, was laid off. They moved in with the woman's father. I knew the guy was having a rough time. He managed to get a part-time job driving a truck for a butcher shop. Those of us who knew the couple were never able to predict that the guy would lose his mind and stab his father-in-law to death. The newspapers reported that this guy's occupation was butcher.

Noone is ever able to predict tragedies of this nature. That is part of the horror.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 03:48 am
How awful, O'Bill.
0 Replies