And there he was, like disco lemonade...

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 06:58 pm
Is there really such a thing as harmless flirtation?

I mean when it happens within a long standing relationship, like, you know, married for a long time type relationship.

Even if nothing ever happens, is it harmless?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,074 • Replies: 39
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:01 pm
Well, i think so, and The Girl hasn't murdered me yet.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:02 pm
Psssst . . . hint: it is harmless because nothing ever happens, not "even if."
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:02 pm
Um...Hank's dad?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:03 pm
I always wanted to grow up to be a seismologist just like my old man but I ended up hitching up with a lemonade lady who switched to Crystal Light. Fortunately, there were no children involved.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:05 pm
I wish all these wimmins would stop a-winkin' at me. Don't be flirtin' with me, Boom, when i can't check out yer boody . . .
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:08 pm
If both parties instinctively know that all that heavy breathing and winking is only play, then okay.

But in the words of the Talking Heads:

Watch out. You might get what you're after.

Joe(I'm an ordinary guy. Burning down the house)Nation
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:11 pm
Cool Baby ! ! !

I'm stranger but not a stranger . . .
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:34 pm
Don't want to hurt nobody
But some things sure can sweep me off my feet

I confess -- I am an accompolished flirt. As an ex-bartender I made a living out of knowing how to flirt. Mr. B knows and enjoys the fact that I am a good flirt. He's not the jealous kind.

Well... there was the time I was tipped a Porsche.... that got him a bit.... but he was cool with it because I'm a loyal girl.

He knows I'm loyal. And true. And that I still think he's sensational. And that I love him.

I think that it has just been a long time since I've met anyone in real life that I considered flirt worthy and that is making him a little.... nervous?... or something.

(Tai - you rat. You're right! Can I still flirt a bit with your brother? Because he is really flirt-worthy in a long distance, who are you? way)
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:38 pm
Re: And there he was, like disco lemonade...
boomerang wrote:

It is harmless as long as everyone in the game knows (and abides by) the rules. Wink
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:41 pm
boomerang wrote:
Tai - you rat. You're right! Can I still flirt a bit with your brother? Because he is really flirt-worthy in a long distance, who are you? way)

Flirt away! (You may have to wait until he's back online. Having computer problems I hear. And for the record, I'm a piglet Very Happy )
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:45 pm
Oh, I meant to ask. What happened to the "sex and candy" part of the poll? Razz
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:47 pm
Quote:
I think that it has just been a long time since I've met anyone in real life that I considered flirt worthy and that is making him a little.... nervous?... or something.

Ummmm this is important.

Mr B needs to suck it up but you need to go easy. I've been there... be careful dont tease him and give him lots of reassurance.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 07:58 pm
Tai, I've notice he was missing and I haven't been around much lately. He's delicious. I hope he's back soon.

I don't know, fishin' disco superfly, but I think Joe (diverson) Nation got us off track with the Talking Heads.

dadpad, I know you're right. Mr. B would have never been heads up over Hank's dad if my mom hadn't said something about how cute he was.

Jeez.

Mom is in town one week and gets Mr. B all goofy about my flirting. I don't have any intentions over Hank's dad but he's ... well... you know... banter-able. Smart. Arty. Literate. Cute.

But he's not Mr. B - who is a total dreamboat.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 08:26 pm
boomerang wrote:
I don't know, fishin' disco superfly, but I think Joe (diverson) Nation got us off track with the Talking Heads.

As punishment and, in keeping with a Marcy Playground lyrics theme, I think we should begin referring to him as "Joe (on the school bus) Nation". :wink:
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 08:30 pm
Put your shoe on the other foot boomer.

See how well it fits. ?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 08:49 pm
dadpad wrote:
Put your shoe on the other foot boomer.

See how well it fits. ?

I am a very average looking girl. Mr. B is very handsome.

I have been asked: How did you end up with him? (Uhhh... he likes smart girls?)

I have been told: Your husband looks like Hugh Grant. Lucky you! (Yeah, well if Hugh is a blondish, blue eyed, Native American, I can see that.)

It's been said: You married outside your "class". (Huh?)

I have seen girls thow themselves at him. (I was one of them.) He doesn't have to banter (but he can). He's that good looking.

And he's smart.

And he's nice.

And he's a lovely person.

And he's really everything that a girl could ask for.

And he loves me.

Go figure.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 10:48 pm
Re: And there he was, like disco lemonade...
boomerang wrote:
Is there really such a thing as harmless flirtation?

I mean when it happens within a long standing relationship, like, you know, married for a long time type relationship.

I voted no to the first question but my answer to the second is yes.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 11:34 pm
Quote:
He's that good looking.
And he's smart.
And he's nice.
And he's a lovely person.

That good huh. Whats his number again?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 09:45 am
Yes he is that good. He's not just a good husband, he's a great guy.

We trust each other. Perhaps that's why flirting with others isn't a big problem for us.

I think sometimes it can actually be a good thing. When someone flirts with you it makes you feel attractive and confident and that carries over into other aspects of your life.

Like fishin' said: as long as everybody knows and abides by the rules it can indeed be harmless.

But I can see how it could be harmful. How it could make the other person feel insecure. How it could be used as a weapon.
0 Replies