WARNING: On "do not call list."

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 09:29 am
I haven't seen any of this myself, but for what it's worth..................

This is to all of you that signed up for the "do not call" law.

This week I received a card in the mail that looked alright-- It said vote for your favorite cola - Pepsi or Coke- and receive a complementary 12 pack" It didn't look suspicious--but for some reason I kept looking at it.

THEN I FOUND IT !! At the bottom of the card there is a VERY small statement. It is SO small it is hard to read--but here is what it says----

By completing this form, you agree that sponsors and co-sponsors of this offer may telephone you , even if your number is found on a do not call registry or list "

This REALLY upset me and I just wanted all my friends to be aware of this way to get around the "do not call" law !! Just think how many people will send this in and their do not call registry will be NO GOOD !! The company's name is MARKET SOLUTION. Please send this to all your friends that signed up for " do not call" . I think this is just one of what we will get in the future--so READ EVERYTHING before you SIGN AND SEND !! AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT IT!!!! PLEASE !!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,809 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Equus

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 09:33 am
Thanks for the warning. I'm not surprised, though. Almost all free offers aren't free.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 09:49 am
Not only that. I had read somewhere that companies may call you if you have had any contact with them before...........whether you bought from them or not. So be careful of the ads that you click on your computer!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 09:49 am
Thanks, c.i. Actually, I can't recall giving a positive response to either junk mail or junk calls, but thanks anyway. This is an interesting ploy.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 09:51 am
NEVER TAKE ANYTHING OFFERED FOR FREE THROUGH THE MAILS OR THROUGH A TELEPHONE CALL.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 09:52 am
I think we can assume that any time we give out our phone number to businesses from now on, it will be interpreted as permission to call us. Caveat emptor!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 09:57 am
[size=7]You just gots to read the fine print. ALWAYS.[/size]
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 10:03 am
soz, But us old folks are having such a difficult time with small print and low voices. LOL c.i.
0 Replies

gingy

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 10:36 am
since i signed up i am getting MORE calls. and i have an unlisted #!

well they are wasting their time i NEVER pick up my phone unless i know who is on the other end.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 10:41 am
Gingy- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy From what I understand, the list is being compiled, and will not go into effect until October 1st. Maybe the calls you are getting are from salesmen who are hustling before the deadline!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 10:44 am
gingy, That's the key; it doesn't take effect until October 1. Be patient. The companies that call after that can be fined big bucks. c.i.
0 Replies

gingy

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 04:01 pm
now that is possible. but i still wonder where the got my # it is a new # and unlisted. it has only been listed since feb this year. of course someone else had the # before me. hey i answered my own question.
0 Replies

gingy

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 04:02 pm
ok....what about travel?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 04:15 pm
c.i. is our resident gigolo and he travels the globe in search of unsuspecting female A2Kers... Wink

j/k!
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 04:27 pm
Nuthin's free.... not even a2k...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 04:34 pm
Is it possible our friendly telemarketer has access to the do not call list and can use it till October?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 06:19 pm
That's when the law takes place. Any calls after that, and you're on the do not call list, they get fined big bucks. If they call, get the name of caller, company name, telephone number, and the caller's supervisor's name. Report that to the government. c.i.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 02:05 am
I just recently signed myself onto the do not call list and it did say it would take 3 months before it would take effect. We get daily calls and I can't wait for it to kick in. Everytime we get a telemarketing call I answer the phone just so I can tell them to take us off their calling list. It shouldn't be legal for them to call in the first place since I feel that it's a terrible intrusion of ones privacy. I use to work 3rd shift and since my son was in school during the day while I slept I couldn't just turn the phone off or ignore it and I was so exausted all the time due to being woken up several times a day from those damn calls. It's just not right!
0 Replies

gingy

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 05:16 am
thanx for the warning. :wink:
0 Replies