What should be done about speeding.

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 07:58 pm
I am so pissed, because millions of speeders are breaking Americas laws and our elected officials aren't doing anything to stop it.

They have a sense of entitlement. They want rights that non-speeders have. They commit crimes. They are crowding our prisons. Some of them have leprosy.

They want their kids to go to school. Think of it, kids of speeders who live in Massachusetts want in-state tuition when kids in Vermont of non-speeders have to pay the out of state rates. How is that fair?

This problem persists because our government isn't serious about stopping it.

What part of ILLEGAL don't they understand.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,888 • Replies: 50
No top replies

parados

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:08 pm
The government is forcing our kids to speed by requiring them to get a driver's license.

A driver's license is the gateway to speeding. Over 90% of those that speed have a driver's license before they first speed. It's obvious the government is forcing our kids into this life of crime. If we stopped issuing driver's licenses there would be no more speeding.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:11 pm
parados wrote:
The government is forcing our kids to speed by requiring them to get a driver's license.

A driver's license is the gateway to speeding. Over 90% of those that speed have a driver's license before they first speed. It's obvious the government is forcing our kids into this life of crime. If we stopped issuing driver's licenses there would be no more speeding.
exactly!
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:12 pm
Exactly right parados (and thanks for your support). The kids of speeders should never be given licenses no matter how much the need a car.

And once you speed you are an illegal (driver)... why would we ever let you drive again?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:24 pm
I get the sardonicity. Still, I think there is safe speeding and wacko speeding, which I can't get a grip on condoning, except on the odd straight line highway with not a damn thing in sight.

Oh, and the relationship to other matters, get that too.

As to immigration, I tend to say, what the hell, let it move, but I haven't read up quite enough to be definitive. I do see both (or, more than both, sides)
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:28 pm
Speeding is more dangerous than firearms, and there are studies that show that someone going just 10 miles/hour faster than the rest of traffic is equavalant to being almost double the legal limit for most DUIs.

I realize that you are making an analogy to illegal immigrants, but it really is a large problem that no one seems to be doing anything about.

Allow me to make an analogy to the firearm laws.

Make speeding have as stiff of fines as there are for firearms. If you speed, you lose your car, get charged with a felony, and fined up to 10,000 dollars on a first offense.

The government needs to restrict the top speeds for all cars to 75mph (which is the fastest limit in the USA). No one needs to go over 75mph, all that does in increase the likelihood that someone will die.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:34 pm
That's nothing maporsche.

Do you know over 50% of inmates in Calfornia prisons have received speeding tickets?

How would you like your kid to be raped by a speeder!

When are we going to take this seriously and send these ILLEGAL DRIVERS away?????
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:44 pm
Hey, I got a speeding ticket sometime in the late sixties for going 68 in a 65 mile an hour zone in my not quite new volkswagen. The p'man said no one should drive a VW that fast. I didn't get a ticket for the 105 in my lil Fiat spider, on a straightaway. I know people go way faster and understand the competence and thrill. But really, not where others can be harmed....

That 68 was on a trip from LA to SD, right around Westminster. I paid it. I was so dumb....

MaPorsche, generally I agree with you, re more onus on speeding.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:45 pm
How many other adults got speeding tickets?

What were there cars?

What did they look like?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:50 pm
Osso,

So you got off, and now you are flaunting it in front of law abiding Americans? You should have been locked up, separated from your family, and never allowed to drive again.

When we are going to stop giving you people amnesty?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:55 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
That's nothing maporsche.

Do you know over 50% of inmates in Calfornia prisons have received speeding tickets?

How would you like your kid to be raped by a speeder!

When are we going to take this seriously and send these ILLEGAL DRIVERS away?????

IS this week California bashing? Evil or Very Mad
Don't we have enough speedoman already to help law enforcement
detain speeders?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:55 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Osso,

So you got off, and now you are flaunting it in front of law abiding Americans? You should have been locked up, separated from your family, and never allowed to drive again.

When we are going to stop giving you people amnesty?

They should have at least taken your car away from you. You could have killed somebody.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:57 pm
It may well be the most speeders are gang folk going 100 through neighborhoods... I dunno. It may even out over other statistics.

I think EB's point is about assumptions.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 09:00 pm
Very unlikely where I tried that. Don' worry, I won't be doing that again.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 09:03 pm
MaPorsche,

You say you take this problem seriously... then why are you supporting amnesty?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 09:07 pm
Oooooh. EB and maPorshe, against my going 105 once in my life forty years ago? Ya want to string me up.

You do know that going 90 is routine on highway 5 in some stretches of California? That 90 is on the slow side? You'll have humongous trucks up your car ass if you go slower. If you go 70 you'll be eaten alive up the trunk.

Take you lectures and file them for yourselves. You tell me this from BOSTON?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 09:15 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Oooooh. EB and maPorshe, against my going 105 once in my life forty years ago? Ya want to string me up.

You do know that going 90 is routine on highway 5 in some stretches of California? That 90 is on the slow side? You'll have humongous trucks up your car ass if you go slower. If you go 70 you'll be eaten alive up the trunk.

Take you lectures and file them for yourselves. You tell me this from BOSTON?

The law is the law right?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 09:16 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
MaPorsche,

You say you take this problem seriously... then why are you supporting amnesty?

Hey, I voted "Throw them in jail".

I think that our speeding laws should be just as strict as our firearm laws, or more strict since it is a MUCH larger problem.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 09:21 pm
I think we should let the speeders with good jobs go and throw the ones with bad jobs in jail.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 10:04 pm
ebrown, I hate to tell you, but your analogy does not work. You only further illustrate your own lack of reasoning ability.
0 Replies