How to deal with wife’s house guest?

CowDoc

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 03:14 pm
Either that or it's an ongoing conspiracy. With two women in the house, you can never tell.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 03:20 pm
You guys crack me up!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 03:32 pm
actually....just to play devils advocate....this is all just guessing....

perhaps the 2 ladies had something, or a few somethings they really needed to discuss, disect with each other, and really couldn't do it in front of you.

Not saying she shouldn't be curteous, but maybe you were walking in at a point when they really didn't want you to hear what you were discussing.

I had a gf stay for a few days a while back. He's friends w/ my husband as well, but we knew each other first, for years. We hadn't had a face to face in a long long time, and had a lot of private stuff to cover. Fortunately, on her first day visiting, we were alone in the car for hours and hours, did lunch and all that.

The time we spent where the 3 of us were together, included him in the conversation. Plus the 3 of us went out to restaurants and some local event. But......there were a few times when he'd be out and about, and we'd be discussing something, not necessarily something racy or that he shouldn't know about, but we didn't need/want someone elses input at that time....he'd come in and we'd change the subject. If he noticied, he said nothing...but if he had asked, I would have had no problem in saying we were just talking about something private.

When things got "back to normal" maybe they had gotten all that out of the way.

Sometimes when I come home, Mr. Tea has a friend over, and when I walk in, their conversation stops or changes too. I don't have a problem with that.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 03:42 pm
Maybe they're trying to simplify the conversation so you can understand and join in. By any chance, are you a blonde? Laughing
0 Replies