Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 02:41 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,763 • Replies: 23
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 02:50 pm
I say you waltz into the living room in your bathrobe, cut a loud fart, take a seat, open your newspaper and bellow "Hello Ladies!"
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 02:50 pm
Do you have a real motorcycle or some kind of harley davidson tractor thingy?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 03:00 pm
2004 Honda VFR = Sport touring delight
2004 Suzuki Burgman AN400 = Urban assault weapon
1980 Kawasaki KZ440 = Unassuming grocery getter
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 03:01 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
I say you waltz into the living room in your bathrobe, cut a loud fart, take a seat, open your newspaper and bellow "Hello Ladies!"
Too funny, don't temp me!

Hey dys, you have a machine? I seem to remember you have one or had one. Don't know what the weather is like in your parts though.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 03:16 pm
Chumly wrote:
OK already, no Harley with plow attachment, next year get a Ducati.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 03:18 pm
FreeDuck wrote:

Make sure your robe is open and you aren't wearing underpants.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 03:24 pm
bella wrote:
underpants.
nobody says "underpants". Bimbo!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 03:25 pm
that is typical of such a situation...
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 03:29 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Chumly wrote:
OK already, no Harley with plow attachment, next year get a Ducati.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 03:38 pm
Print your opening statement and give it to her to read.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 04:25 pm
edgar- I agree. Chumly, your wife is being disgustingly insensitive. I would let your wife know, in no uncertain terms, that what she is doing is not acceptable.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 05:02 pm
Flirt with your wifes friend... in front of your wife.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 05:18 pm
I talked to my wife about it (I was kind'a angry) and she took part of it as a personal attack, part of it as incredulity, and part if it as understanding.

She apologized and said that even though she did not understand nor agree with all my views, she did understand it enough to take the responsibility. I told her I do not necessarily expect her friend to be informed of my concerns, but I most definitely expect my wife to take one for the team, and act on her friend's behalf as needed.

I really like all the more outrageous suggestions though, and believe me I'm up to the task.......tempted!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 06:46 am
Don't shave. Don't comb your hair. Burp. Scratch.

Generally, try to look really seedy. A dab of deodorant in the eyes can give a nice bloodshot look.

Oh. And don't forget the onions.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 07:30 am
There are two things happening here. Your wife is in a private get together with her friend. The get together with her friend is taking place in your home. There is nothing wrong with either of those things separately. Together, they are making you uncomfortable in your own home. Justifiably so.

In the future she should arrange to meet up with her friend at a neutral location -- girls weekend away, or she should make sure that the time spent in your home is inclusive of everyone living there.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 07:36 am
Your wife is being selfish. Plain and simple. Giving you cause to feel like an outsider in your own home is thoughtless and meanspirited. Ask her to put the shoe on the other foot and imagine if it was one of your buddies visiting for a week and, for starters, you didn't bother to mention to her that he was coming????
Shocked
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 02:18 pm
Good news,
My wife changed her tune and her friend (naturally enough) followed suit!

When they came home they both called out their hellos and greetings, I was asked to sit with them for dinner, and I was respectfully involved in parts of the conversation. And that's all I wanted, the usual common courtesies!

Like I said, it's a really open house plan and there is not a lot privacy unless you go into a room and close the door, something they did not do.

To set the record straight (check my first post) my wife did tell me her friend was coming to stay, but what she did not do is show me the good manners of asking me. Of course I would have said "yes any friend of hers is a friend of mine".

From my point of view, if common courtesies are lacking the relationships stinks. I can put up with other kinds of crap but not that.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 02:31 am
I'm happy for you, and fully agree with you!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 06:58 am
That's great that your wife has readjusted her attitude. Growing and evolving is all a part of it, right?
0 Replies