When I woke this morning

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 08:56 pm
Junebugs are much more three-dimensional than cockroaches.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 08:57 pm
littlek wrote:
Jane - and Portuguese! I think Dys could add weight without cream and sausages.

Hehe, littlek, you'll be forever traumatized by the Portuguese Laughing
You cannot add weight without masses of protein, carbohydrates and fat.
If you eat the good natural kind - the unprocessed food, it will be okay.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 08:59 pm
How about this. He can eat loads of protein and carbs, then add olive oil and smaller amounts of animal fats. And, yes, I will be forever traumatized.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:01 pm
Those who do not work with their mind use their body. Those who use their body do not use their mind.

Going to barcelona... Are you gonna let this woman decide everything for you for the rest of your life?

I suppose you could just sit at home in you rocking chair and vegetate for the rest of your life.

You got a life? Live it.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:02 pm
I don't know how much merit this has, but I was recently reading that a small piece of dark chocolate every day will lower BP.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:08 pm
Montana wrote:
I don't know how much merit this has, but I was recently reading that a small piece of dark chocolate every day will lower BP.

It has to be Dove, and what it is supposed to do is lower cholesterol. Even if it did nothing for your health, it does make you feel great! Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:14 pm
Dys already prizes fats and meats.

I don't say that as snidely as it sounds, whaddya I know.

On cockroaches, I loathe them. This house has had them in my presence. I go into total tharn. I had them in my first apartment in LA, and since then, for forty years, never. I think they're in the drain system here. I stopper every drain, but sinks have those overflow holes...

I didn't see any for about a year until a few weeks ago, when there were three, THREE, in Pacco's almost dry water dish (he has many water dishes, and needs them). I found the big jug of pest killer spray (my contractor found a black window in the garage) and drowned them in it. One kept going. I persisted and he or she finally gave up.
I gave the dish a complete lux bath in Dawn detergent and then the burning sun. There is no recourse, I'll kill them or abandon my home.

So much for the eco greenie.

But, I'm looking into borax and sugar...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:23 pm
Dys really is fragile, but/if better. The concern is well-founded.

I don't know what I would decide, myself.

Dys loves Spain pretty near as much as I am gaga about Italy, though he doesn't babble on about it like I do. He wants to show it to Diane.

She wants him alive. He loves her.

It is a genuine quandary many of us will face.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:27 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Montana wrote:

It has to be Dove, and what it is supposed to do is lower cholesterol. Even if it did nothing for your health, it does make you feel great! Laughing

Didn't see any mention in the Dove, but it sounds good to me.
Actually, what I read was about high blood preasure. I'm gonna go find it.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:29 pm
Here's one of the sites I read about the chocolate http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20030827/dark-chocolate-is-healthy-chocolate
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:31 pm
Here's a good one http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=3032114
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:37 pm
Montana, it has to do with certain processing of the chocolate. Most processing cancels out the bennies. Dutch processing, if I remember right and crucify me if wrong, is one long revered but Does cancel the benefits. There are diff kinds of cocoas.

All the chocolate articles, or, well, most of them, say don't scarf it as a health bennie.

Meantime, dys doesn't particularly like chocolate.

At this point, he needs to see an md, not get a 70% candybar. Not that that was a bad idea, Montana. It was sort of like my comments on potassium. Related, but maybe not the answer so much as meds change or additions, or what Marty said re the renal system, probably apropo, via an m.d.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:42 pm
Osso, I'm not taking this lightly by any means and I agree that Dys needs to talk with his doc.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:42 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
osso- I take blood pressure meds, (lasix) that require potassium supplementation. A quick blood test will tell the tale as to whether dys' chemistry is out of whack.

One of the most important things that I have found, is that as soon as I can get a handle on things medical, I feel much better, and less depressed. Dys, I think that if you get yourself a good medical workup, and get a sense of what you have to do to help yourself, you will feel much better.

Dys is taking lisinopril for his bp and doesn't need K+
supplements.

Notable about this patient is his low blood glucose level, which he reported on another thread.
Dys is hypoglycemic and this fact may be contributing to his lack of energy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:46 pm
I see your point Miller. That was arguable about seniors, but arguable either way.

Montana, I don't take you lightly, I'm just obnoxious.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:47 pm
No you're not Laughing
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:51 pm
Normal blood glucose is 70-100 mg/dL.

Dys had a blood glucose level of 50 mg/dL.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:55 pm
Dys has had conditions affecting how much he can eat. This is not my business to explain. I'm way over my head on that already, out of my league, and way into none of my/our business.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:57 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Dys has had conditions affecting how much he can eat. This is not my business to explain. I'm way over my head on that already, out of my league, and way into none of my/our business.

Yes
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:58 pm
Ok then, I take away my stupid chocolate thing and since I obviously don't have all the details, I'm going to shut up now, but stop in to give Dys some hugs.
0 Replies