Should I be hurt?

Quincy

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 02:15 pm
NOOOOOOO! When he leaves to play golf you should tail him. Follow him around the golf course smiling and looking pretty. He'll feel so bad he'll sweep you off your feet and carry you to the water-front. But if you dont want to do that, that's fine too. If he's spending absolutely no time with you alone, that would be cause for complain. If his time means so much to you, and he's such a good salesman, pressure him in taking you back to Florida for a holiday (paid of course Cool ). In the mean-time there's nothing wrong with going to the beach alone and flirting innocently with the younger men. That's what I'd do anyway, but then maybe you don't want to take my advice. Hope this helps. But then again, if it doesn't, atleast you got a different opinion...
0 Replies

aruvalcaba82

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 02:19 pm
Should I be hurt?
THANK YOU, for all the advice!!! I truly appreciate it! You all made me see that I was being closed minded. Thank you. I am looking forward to having "me time"on the beach with home cool drinks! I will keep you posted on how my trip went! I am sure it's going to be fun! Thanks again.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 02:54 am
Very Happy

I can understand that you were disappointed, since you had your expectations and they did not match your husband's...
So, no, I don't think you sounded like a brat!

Things all look different from a distance, and since we all did not have plans and dreams in our head like you did, it was easier for us to see the situation objectively.

I am glad you are ready for a great time, though, and I hope you'll enjoy it...
0 Replies

aruvalcaba82

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 09:12 am
Should I be hurt?
Hi, I'm back. First, I again wanted to thank you all for the advice you all had given me about my situation. So as you know I am now going to Florida! I am so excited now! Thank you for opening my eyes. But now I have another question. I am needing some help with dress code definitions. If any of you happen to know please let me know. And I am not sure if I should be posting this else where on this forum or not but just thought I'd ask here since I got such good insight. Thanks in advance.

We are staying at the Ritz Carlon. We have 3 dinner events we're going to be attending where they have label the dress codes of "Resort Dressy" and "Resort Casual." One event is an awards dinner at Evolution at the Ritz Carlton with dress code of "Resort Dressy." The other is at the Ritz poolside cocktails and beachside buffet with "Resort Casual." Third is dinner at Touch and the dress code is label "Resort Attire." Can you please describe what these mean? PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP. WHAT DO I WEAR!?!?!?

Thanks again. You have all been so helpful!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 09:19 am
I have no idea where you live, but if there is a major department store near you (Macy's, Nordstrom, Filene's, etc.) you can go and they would be THRILLED to show you examples of all of those things. You don't need to purchase anything from those stores, but they have full lines of everything you're looking for.

To me, resort dressy is semi-formal with an emphasis on the fact that the weather will be hot, so sleeveless is encouraged. Resort Casual is capris, short sleeve top, and sandals (not cutoffs or jeans). A summary alternative to Business Casual. And, Resort Attire can be anything from swimsuits to shorts and a tank top.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 09:37 am
JPB has a great idea, about asking at a dept. store.

I agree with her definitions too. I'd think of "resort dressy" as like cotton or linen dresses, bright colors, with high-heeled sandals.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 10:24 am
Try this etiquette website for suggestions:
http://rebecca576.tripod.com/etiquettebyrebecca/id50.html
0 Replies

aruvalcaba82

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 11:48 am
Should I be hurt?
Very helpful again! Thank you very, very much! Have a great day!
0 Replies