Lady liberty is holding what book in her hand?

Gargamel

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:30 am
jespah wrote:
Why isn't she burning her book with her torch?

That's a great question. I mean, how do we know it's not a copy of Huck Finn?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:31 am
Setanta wrote:
Who said (other than Rex) that the statue is intended to be illuminating the American people?

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

As the poem by Emma Lazarus shows (and as Lil' Kay has pointed out) the flame she holds in her hand is a beacon to those who are coming here--there's no reason to consider it an attempt to "illuminate" the American people.

Rex, if you're not already on drugs, you should be.

Emma pretends to know the intent of the statue's builders.

Just as you apparently assume to know the heart of the true God...

Again your poisonous insult only reflects your small brain size...
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:32 am
That Lazarus fella is in the bible, look it up.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:39 am
But we do know the intent of the statue's builders because -- because Bartholdi was an actual person who left notes. Readable notes. The history is extremely well documented. Emma Lazarus's poem was written to (according to the above link) help fund the construction of the pedestal. It was written before the construction of the statue was completed so either Emma knew the statue's constructor's intentions or they adopted her poem as conforming with them.

Really, the history of the statue is not hard to find.

I do not presume to know the mind of God, but I can read documents and figure out human intentions from them and the intention was that the statue was to be a gift from the people of France to the people of America for our centennial and not for any stated religious purpose. Give it up, this is not an argument that you can win, no matter how much you appeal to God and country and the Bible.

There really are some things, lots of things actually, that are explained by means other than religious ones. Really there are. Try 'em sometime. You might like 'em.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:41 am
I am not saying she should be illuminating the American people...

The American people at the time were already "illuminated", WITH CHRISTIAN LIBERTY.

Though there was a long way to go to bring complete liberty to her people it was the CHRISTIAN ideals that set America apart from her neighbors.

Also the masons who signed the declaration of independence were the minority not the majority.

The majority of Americans were not the "Illuminati" or Masons but just common everyday hard working Bible reading people.

It was the protestant religions and the search of the pilgrims for freedom of faith that inspired the liberty with which we now see the left making a mockery of.

Romans 8:21
Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

1Corinthians 8:9
But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them [the liberals] that are weak.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:45 am
I don't think we give our predecessors enough credit for liberating the Native Americans with Christianity and measles.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:49 am
jespah wrote:
But we do know the intent of the statue's builders because -- because Bartholdi was an actual person who left notes. Readable notes. The history is extremely well documented. Emma Lazarus's poem was written to (according to the above link) help fund the construction of the pedestal. It was written before the construction of the statue was completed so either Emma knew the statue's constructor's intentions or they adopted her poem as conforming with them.

Really, the history of the statue is not hard to find.

I do not presume to know the mind of God, but I can read documents and figure out human intentions from them and the intention was that the statue was to be a gift from the people of France to the people of America for our centennial and not for any stated religious purpose. Give it up, this is not an argument that you can win, no matter how much you appeal to God and country and the Bible.

There really are some things, lots of things actually, that are explained by means other than religious ones. Really there are. Try 'em sometime. You might like 'em.

Emma's attempt to tie in the mass immigration into America at the time to a religious statue was political and not based upon the architect's actual intentions.

If that was the case she would be holding outstretched hands to embrace them...

Just as Lincoln in his memorial is giving hand sign gestures that are codes for the Illuminati...

Again it is a white wash by liberals and political activists to legitimize their atheists positions in American politics.

The same left wing liberals infested the biased media back then as they do still today.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:49 am
I had a change of heart.

I have reflected, meditated and eaten a hearty breakfast while seriously considering this matter.

I have come to the conclusion that the Statue of Liberty is an idol and must be brought down with the same solemnity that King Hezekiah used when destroying the Bronze Serpent of Moses.

(And the LORD said to Moses, "Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and every one who is bitten, when he sees it, shall live." So Moses made a bronze serpent...
Numbers 21:8-9)

You didn't know that Moses made a statue of a bronze serpent?? Well, he did and it was a good'n. It cured snake bites. Sure did. But turns out some people can't leave well enough alone and they started worshiping the Serpent as a symbol of God. That's graven image stuff. Violation of Second Commandment (no, commandment, OMsig, not Amendment) so anyway it had to be destroyed.

There's a lot of that kind of building up and destroying stuff in the Bible, not a lot about the good stuff like love and peace and harmony. (Sigh)

But now that Rex has revealed the Statue as a Christian one, it's got to go. (Unless you are a Catholic, then you wouldn't understand.)

Let all true followers of J-hov-h meet with me this afternoon at Slip Three of the ferry.

Joe(bring a screwdriver and hammer)Nation
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:51 am
RexRed wrote:
Setanta wrote:
Who said (other than Rex) that the statue is intended to be illuminating the American people?

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

As the poem by Emma Lazarus shows (and as Lil' Kay has pointed out) the flame she holds in her hand is a beacon to those who are coming here--there's no reason to consider it an attempt to "illuminate" the American people.

Rex, if you're not already on drugs, you should be.

Emma pretends to know the intent of the statues builders.

Again, we are relying on first hand accounts which are 200 years old. You are relying on text written by many over the years, little of it is first hand and it is 2 thousand years old. Why should your accounting be superior to ours?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:51 am
Joe Nation wrote:
I had a change of heart.

I have reflected, meditated and eaten a hearty breakfast while seriously considering this matter.

I have come to the conclusion that the Statue of Liberty is an idol and must be brought down with the same solemnity that King Hezekiah used when destroying the Bronze Serpent of Moses.

(And the LORD said to Moses, "Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and every one who is bitten, when he sees it, shall live." So Moses made a bronze serpent...
Numbers 21:8-9)

You didn't know that Moses made a statue of a bronze serpent?? Well, he did and it was a good'n. It cured snake bites. Sure did. But turns out some people can't leave well enough alone and they started worshiping the Serpent as a symbol of God. That's graven image stuff. Violation of Second Commandment (no, commandment, OMsig, not Amendment) so anyway it had to be destroyed.

There's a lot of that kind of building up and destroying stuff in the Bible, not a lot about the good stuff like love and peace and harmony. (Sigh)

But now that Rex has revealed the Statue as a Christian one, it's got to go. (Unless you are a Catholic, then you wouldn't understand.)

Let all true followers of J-hov-h meet with me this afternoon at Slip Three of the ferry.

Joe(bring a screwdriver and hammer)Nation

Moses was also forbidden to enter the promised land...

Careful that your jest does not cause you to befall the same fate.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:54 am
Rex, do you ever read available historical documents, or do you always just guess and assume according to what's convenient for you and your agenda?

This thread has turned out to be immensely ammusing, though that was probably not the intent of the author. I've never read so much nonsense in a few pages.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:55 am
Acts 19:24
For a certain man named Demetrius, a silversmith, which made silver shrines for Diana, brought no small gain unto the craftsmen;

Acts 19:27
So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought; but also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worshippeth.

Acts 19:28
And when they heard these sayings, they were full of wrath, and cried out, saying, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.

Acts 19:34
But when they knew that he was a Jew, all with one voice about the space of two hours cried out, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.

Acts 19:35 - Show Context
And when the townclerk had appeased the people, he said, Ye men of Ephesus, what man is there that knoweth not how that the city of the Ephesians is a worshipper of the great goddess Diana, and of the image which fell down from Jupiter?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:57 am
Rex, will you respond to my querries (there are two of them on this thread) about the validity of using a thousands year old document as fact while dismissing first account documents as assumptive?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:59 am
dagmaraka wrote:
Rex, do you ever read available historical documents, or do you always just guess and assume according to what's convenient for you and your agenda?

This thread has turned out to be immensely ammusing, though that was probably not the intent of the author. I've never read so much nonsense in a few pages.

Yes I did do some research but the truth is staring us right in the face and just as the Babylonian mystery system has "two faces" so does the statue.

To the American people it was a christian symbol to the Illuminati it was a statue representing the mystery system..

I prefer the Christina interpretation and the liberty of the Bible that the memorial was "on the surface" supposed to represent.

As for the Babylonian mystery religious intent, that is rubbish and ultimately leads to evil and political treachery.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:59 am
Hmmmmm. Oh, I understand Rex, you are saying that the ferry company is making too much money from the fares over and back to the idol, er, Statue.

Joe(you have one follower now)Nation
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:01 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Hmmmmm. Oh, I understand Rex, you are saying that the ferry company is making too much money from the fares over and back to the idol, er, Statue.

It is only an idol if people bow down and worship it as "God"...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:03 am
littlek wrote:
Rex, will you respond to my querries (there are two of them on this thread) about the validity of using a thousands year old document as fact while dismissing first account documents as assumptive?

Don't do it, Rex, she could be the (.....) of Babylon.

Joe(we are up to our necks in anti-Christs)Nation
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:03 am
RexRed wrote:
Emma pretends to know the intent of the statues builders.

The statue was built by Bartoldi, using the contributions of French schoolchildren, to be given to the United States as a gift. Emma Lazarus was commissioned to write a poem on the occasion, to become an inscription at the base of the statue. It is reasonable to assume that she was not pretending, but responding the builder's intent--hence, the explanation for the commission.

Quote:

Horseshit. I have no reason to assume that there is a god, let alone that she has a heart, or that anyone could know what it is.

Quote:

Not so small that i'd cobble together hilarious crap like this.

Pot, meet kettle.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:05 am
RexRed wrote:
Emma's attempt to tie in the mass immigration into America at the time to a religious statue was political and not based upon the architect's actual intentions.

I've no idea whom you call the architect.

The sculptor's ideas are well archived in the Musée Bartoldi, Comar, and can be looked at be everybody (as can be Eiffel's notes [at the Musée des Lettres et Manuscrits]).
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:06 am
Joe Nation wrote:

Wait . . . are you saying the Staten Island Fairy has his own company ? ! ? ! ?
0 Replies