Lady liberty is holding what book in her hand?

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:06 am
Quote:
I prefer the Christina interpretation and the liberty of the Bible that the memorial was "on the surface" supposed to represent.

And I prefer milk chocolate. However, neither your nor my preferences will change history.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:07 am
Joe Nation wrote:
littlek wrote:
Rex, will you respond to my querries (there are two of them on this thread) about the validity of using a thousands year old document as fact while dismissing first account documents as assumptive?

Don't do it, Rex, she could be the (.....) of Babylon.

Joe(we are up to our necks in anti-Christs)Nation

That is precisely my point... It is a matter of perspective my friend, one perspective brings liberty and the other meaning brings "enslavement".

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:09 am
RexRed wrote:
I prefer the Christina interpretation and the liberty of the Bible that the memorial was "on the surface" supposed to represent.

Christina interpretaion ? ! ? ! ?

Do you mean Queen Christina of Sweden? You know, Rex, she abdicated, converted from Lutheranism to Catholicism, and moved to Rome, where she spent the rest of her life annoying as many people as possible.

I think you should seriously reconsider your source for religious inspiration. She was a nice, intelligent lady, no doubt about it, but she was not playing with a full deck.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:10 am
RexRed wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:
Hmmmmm. Oh, I understand Rex, you are saying that the ferry company is making too much money from the fares over and back to the idol, er, Statue.

Joe(you have one follower now)Nation

It is only an idol if people bow down and worship it as "God"...

But they DO, Rex. I've seen them! They get on their knees and take pictures of their family in front of the great idol.

They take little statues of the Statue back to their homes. God knows what idolatry is practiced behind closed doors.

They wear the image on Tee-shirts and they put it on salt shakers.
Salt. Get it?

They drink COFFEE from mugs with the idol's picture on it.

They wear little pins on their lapels to signal the other members of the cult.

It's got to go before it starts curing snake bites.

Joe(You've done us all a great service today, Rex)Nation
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:10 am
dagmaraka wrote:
Quote:

And I prefer milk chocolate. However, neither your nor my preferences will change history.

History is not always truthtful.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:11 am
This is why the book is so important.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:12 am
Mark 12:10
And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:13 am
RexRed wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:
littlek wrote:
Rex, will you respond to my querries (there are two of them on this thread) about the validity of using a thousands year old document as fact while dismissing first account documents as assumptive?

That is precisely my point... It is a matter of perspective my friend, one perspective brings liberty and the other meaning brings "enslavement".

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

I am not your friend.

What is your point? Perspective? What are you talking about? I am saying the statue is about liberty and freedom, so you mean that the christian view is about enslavement?

And, by the way, speaking of enslavement, I am finding evidence online that this statue may be about the abolition of slavery as well as the symbol of freedom and hope.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:16 am
RexRed wrote:
This is why the book is so important.

Tablet, tablet!

http://i14.tinypic.com/6bn57i9.jpg
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:19 am
RexRed wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:
Quote:

so you mean to say you know better than the firsthand historical documents what the purpose of the statue was? better than its author?

Ladies and gents, I think we have the next prophet here among us. He obviously knows more than any of us or anybody else alive.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:28 am
littlek wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:
littlek wrote:

I am not your friend.

What is your point? Perspective? What are you talking about? I am saying the statue is about liberty and freedom, so you mean that the christian view is about enslavement?

And, by the way, speaking of enslavement, I am finding evidence online that this statue may be about the abolition of slavery as well as the symbol of freedom and hope.

You can find online whatever you want but you will not know the truth because you rejected it long ago...

You are MY friend but you are not (obvious to all) very friendly. I am not YOUR friend... BIG DIFFERENCE!!! The problem lies in you not me... I can love whomever I choose and just because you are incapable of love without hypocrisy for all just shows the shortcomings of your FAITHLESS path through this life, AND the slavery of ideas you promote. This just goes to show the "rottenness" that YOUR selfish way has led YOU to... I wouldn't trade the doctrine of God for all popularity you seek elsewhere.

John 12:43
For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

Comment:
Yup, that seems to fit you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:31 am
So now you're yelling at Lil' Kay and spewing hatefulness at her.

You're eaten up with hatred, aren't you, Rex?

Is this because you're gay, and it just kills you that your God boy hates gays?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:32 am
RexRed, you would do better preaching to another audience. One that is receptive to sermons and belittling and namecalling.

The thread was funny for all the nonsense you brought with you, but it gets tiring and repetitive. You'll find very few sheep here that would be willing to follow the likes of you.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:33 am
I'm sorry, I thought friendship was a two-way street.

But other wise, you got me pegged - selfish, enslaved, rotten, hypocritical, and unfriendly. I'm so ashamed!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:34 am
dagmaraka wrote:
RexRed wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:
Quote:

so you mean to say you know better than the firsthand historical documents what the purpose of the statue was? better than its author?

Ladies and gents, I think we have the next prophet here among us. He obviously knows more than any of us or anybody else alive.

The Bible tells me so...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:36 am
littlek wrote:
I'm sorry, I thought friendship was a two-way street.

But other wise, you got me pegged - selfish, enslaved, rotten, hypocritical, and unfriendly. I'm so ashamed!

Well you thought wrong... someone can love another thou they remain loveless themselves..

You would know that if you knew the scriptures...

For God so loved the world that he gave.

You seem to only take.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:36 am
RexRed wrote:
The Bible tells me so...

Perhaps you should listen to music from your mp3-player instead of turning that old hear-book on again and again.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:37 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
RexRed wrote:
The Bible tells me so...

Perhaps you should listen to music from your mp3-player instead of turning that old hear-book on again and again.

David was a musician after God's own heart.. Are you after your OWN heart?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:37 am
BWahahahaha. I knew a guy also heard voices. He thought his wife is a chicken. Ended up in a looney bin.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:40 am
You're a sick f*ck, Rex.

Lil' Kay may not be perfect, but she's one of the nicest people at this site. She never peddles hatred here--but that's all that we ever get out of you. Every thread you start ends with your ranting and raving, quoting scripture which has nothing to do with the topic, and you going over the top with your self-serving commentaries, while you lash out at everyone around you.

You are good enough to sweep the dust from the path Lil' Kay treads, and you should be profoundly ashamed of yourself for making vicious remarks to someone who, unlike you, is a genuinely decent person.
0 Replies