Lady liberty is holding what book in her hand?

RexRed

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 10:37 pm
What is the tablet or book that represents liberty?

James 1:25
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Galatians 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Isaiah 62:1
For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.

2Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

username

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 10:55 pm
Well, it's not the bible. It's a tablet that reads "July 4, 1776".
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 10:56 pm
http://www.inetours.com/New_York/Images/Liberty/Statue_of_Liberty_2691.jpg
0 Replies

username

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 10:57 pm
Too bad, Rex. She's secular. Nothing to do with your god.
Diest TKO

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 12:00 am
Rex - OMG, how dumb do you think we are. Insulting.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 12:40 am
funny. It reads almost like the Leviathan.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 02:08 am
the religion forum is just creepy now...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 02:19 am
Soemthing for the creator of this stupid thread:

James 2:12: So speak and so act as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 02:30 am
OGIONIK wrote:
the religion forum is just creepy now...

Not creepy enough for my tastes. For me to get the full entertainment value out of my daily internet regiment, I need to be able to ingest at least twist as many obsurd ideas from crazed people. I'm beginning to develop a tolerance. The same amount of idiot doesn't excite me as it used to. I think that soon my tolerance will demand at least a second online forum to debate the issues of relgion.

I should just do drugs next time I sign up for an addiction.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 07:37 am
Why put a book in her hand if it is not the Bible?

No one answered my question as to what other book ascribes to liberty other than the Bible?

Again allot of religious insult without NOTHING to back up the atheistic assertions.

Typical of people who do not know so they resort to childish name calling and insult.

Wasn't she a masonic symbol and isn't the masonic order rooted out of the Bible???

Also the star on her head?

She faces EAST... (Eastern Star)

Revelation 2:28
And I will give him the morning star.

Revelation 22:16
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

1Peter 5:4
And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 07:40 am
RexRed wrote:

Any idea in what direction France (Europe) is situated?

You even may guess twice ...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 07:45 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Any idea in what direction France (Europe) is situated?

You even may guess twice ...

Also the toga and sandals was that typical French or American apparel of the day? Who else wore a white (green because of the oxidation) flowing robe and sandals?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 07:53 am
RexRed wrote:
Why put a book in her hand if it is not the Bible?

Leaving aside the glaring, the slack-jawed yokel stupidity of such a question--it's not a book, it's a tablet, and it is inscribed "July 4, 1776."

RexRed wrote:
Who else wore a white (green because of the oxidation) flowing robe and sandals?

Rex sinks to new depths of stupdity. I would estimate that at least a few tens of billions of women in human history have worn a white, flowing robe and sandals.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 07:54 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 07:59 am
I had wild sex with a girl dressed as the statue of liberty at a halloween party one year....just on a related note... that green face paint smeared all over everything and gave my genitals a decidedly unhealthy hue for a couple of days...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 07:59 am
Why put a book in her hand if it's not the bible? Surely you jest! Books are equated with knowledge and have been revered since their conception. Why must it be the bible? She represents our freedom and the way I see it, religion (especially yours, RexRed) doesn't have much to do with freedom.

Stars, torches, facing east - all these things are factors in many cultures that preceded or have never heard of christianity.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 08:08 am
Walter if you open Google Earth and place the longitude and latitude grid on the map look at the longitude line from New York... She does not point to France but she overlooks the lower part of Spain. The longitude line does not even touch France. It goes through the lower part of Italy (not the city of Rome either) and directly through the center of the country of Greece where most of the Biblical new testament was written and addressed to "the Church"...
RexRed

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 08:10 am
littlek wrote:
Why put a book in her hand if it's not the bible? Surely you jest! Books are equated with knowledge and have been revered since their conception. Why must it be the bible? She represents our freedom and the way I see it, religion (especially yours, RexRed) doesn't have much to do with freedom.

Stars, torches, facing east - all these things are factors in many cultures that preceded or have never heard of christianity.

The Masons were Biblical people and so were the Americans of the day.. They did not ascribe to just "any book"...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 08:12 am
Either you are really so stupid .... or additionally so uneducated.
Your navigational knowledge is more than poor as well.

"Je lutterai pour la liberté, j'en appellerai aux peuples libres. Je tâcherai de glorifier la république là-bas, en attendant que je la retrouve un jour chez nous" - The ´first known model was made 1870 in France by .... guess twice again .... where ... abit more difficulct, thus ... three guesses ...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 08:12 am
what's the point of this thread in any case?
0 Replies