What to do when period?

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 06:31 pm
Most of the time, the bad temper and angry emotions are truly out of our control.

The hormones and chemicals in our brains dip, raise, and disperse in different ways then during other times during the month.
Something we truly have no control over.
Alot of times, we don't even realize it has happened ( we went from happy to sad in about 10 minutes) until it has already happened.

There is no real warning.

Our bodies are just riding along dropping hormones here and there and we are stuck with the roller coaster just as men are.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 06:39 pm
I had really bad cramps in my teen years/early twenties, and if anyone handed me a heating pad, I might have wrapped the cord around his or her neck.

People suggest Midol pills. Maybe they've improved since I was a teen, but I threw those up routinely until I stopped buying them.
I never felt better until I finally threw up, sometimes in interesting places:
the ivy patch at that time between the Zoology building and the Chem building at UCLA, for example.

Now that they know about prostaglandins, I'm sure there are better pills.

Oh, yeah, I got plenty of exercise. Perhaps exercise helps, but, also, perhaps it does not.

The whole pms syndrome is related but a separate issue from strong cramps.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 06:39 pm
yeah, it's some weird **** man.

quincy...come over here and sit down in this chair.
0 Replies