What to do when period?

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 01:11 pm
Hi, I'm a guy, just want to know when a women is getting pain at their stomach(I assume) during their first few days of period, is there anyway or food that make them feel better? Such as warm water maybe? Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,950 • Replies: 22
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 02:12 pm
My girlfriend likes chocolate at those times.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 02:57 pm
My cramps are only lessened by Ibuprofen/Midol, exercise, or a heating pad. I'm sometimes partial to salty or chocolate foods but that is not related to the muscle cramps caused by the uterus contracting to excrete the uterine lining.
0 Replies

stephensaw

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 10:07 pm
What is the heating pad? Is it some pad that use to put on the stomach? If that so, then will putting a warm cloth on stomach will help?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 27 May, 2007 12:37 am
http://i17.tinypic.com/4oryjxi.jpg
http://i18.tinypic.com/4ku3h8j.jpg
0 Replies

stephensaw

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 04:22 am
Thanks. The red color heating pad I seen before, but the other one it looks very small. Is putting a warm cloth on will do the same?
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 05:17 am
Stephensaw, unless your wife is very young indeed, she has been having periods for a number of years. What makes you think she suddenly needs your help to get through them now? If she is having unusually painful or heavy periods, maybe she needs to see a doctor for reassurance or some pain relief.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 09:58 am
This thread may help:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=96479
0 Replies

paintedtearz

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 04:22 pm
A hot water bottle on her tummy where the pain is, is what a lot of women do,not next her skin in case it burns her.Place it over her clothing.That with a good pain killer.There is a pain killer called Feminax which is designed for period pains.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 04:54 pm
stephensaw
You don't mention the age of this woman.

Is she your wife or girlfriend?

Or maybe a sister, friend or some other relative?

I ask her age because speaking for myself, my worst cramps WERE when I was really young. Fortunately, I think as most women get older, cramps lessen or don't come as often. By the time I was 30, I rarely had them.

Cramps are caused by the uterus contracting, so the best thing to take is something to stop the spasms.
There are a number of over the counter medications that can be found in drug stores specifically for menstual cramps.

Perhaps sipping some nice hot tea would help, if only for the comforting effect.

I think it's very nice of you to be concerned about this female.

BTW, during a time like cramps, some women like to be pampered, and some like to be left alone. Figure out which one she wants, and make live more pleasant for the both of you, if you know what I mean. :wink:
0 Replies

stephensaw

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 12:59 am
Hi there, I'm not having girlfriend or wife, just wanted to know so that in case friends around me having such pain. Because I noticed some girl have bad temper during periods while other don't have. Is there any side effects if taking the Feminax or other drugs designed for periods pains? I would think it is better to have heating pad, chocolate or hot tea will be better over drugs isn't it?

BTW, during period, they not neccessary to have a cramp right? Or the pains itself is a cramp? Confused
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 01:04 am
Quote:
Because I noticed some girl have bad temper during periods while other don't have.

He who turns and walks away lives to walk another day.

Very bad idea to offer support to a woman with period pain stephen. If you value your testicals I'd just ignore it.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 06:24 am
you are a wise, wise man dadpad.

stephensaw...if you have a friend who is experiencing cramps, the wise thing to so would be to simply say "I'm sorry you're feeling bad" and not start to offer advice on what to do. That is considerate of you, but most likely won't be taken that way.

A woman feeling this pain will not appreciate advice from someone who never has, and never will experience mentrual cramps.

If she's at your house and happens to complain, offer her an aspirin or Tylonal, if she refuses, don't offer again. If you happen to have a heating paid, ask if she'd like to use it...if she says no....don't offer again.

Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES indicate to her that she is in a bad temper. If she is....leave.....her....alone.

When I say pampering, I mean if she ASKS for a shoulder rub, be right there to do it. If she wants to lie there and moan....let her.

Cramps ARE pain....the more proper word for a cramp is a contraction. The uterus is contracting, and that's painful. It comes in waves. Let me explain what a bad cramp feels like....

Sit in a chair.
Let someone grab your testicles and walk across the room with them.
You stay in the chair while they are doing this.
When they get to the other side of the room, have them them let go of your testicles so that they snap back at about 200 miles per hour.

You'll most likely be in a bad temper then, and want to be left alone.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 06:36 am
Bad temper!!Cripes, I must have a 24-7 period!!

I found the last few months I started to get bad pains again, I think it was weight related.Ive started try to eat better and my last period was 99% pain free.Even did a tiny bit of exercise which seemed to help.
I do get headaches which I can usually get rid of with a tablet.

I can promise you guys that we(I) dont mean or want to be in a bad mood.But for those few days everything that anybody says is seen as really stupid and irritable and we have pains we cant get rid of which are going to appear monthly for about 30/40 years of our lives, so please forgive our moods.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 09:02 am
material girl wrote:
I can promise you guys that we(I) dont mean or want to be in a bad mood.

Dammit mg, stop giving away all our secrets.

Keep this up and we'll have to kick you out of the women club.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 09:10 am
Chai wrote:
material girl wrote:

heheh, I was only kidding.Reel them in..............then attack.
0 Replies

malek

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:03 am
I find that going away on a boys only 7 day fishing trip helps quite a bit.
0 Replies

stephensaw

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:14 am
material girl wrote:
Chai wrote:
material girl wrote:

heheh, I was only kidding.Reel them in..............then attack.

Laughing

Oops, I guess I will be careful if this situation happen. Thanks you all. :wink:
0 Replies

Quincy

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 06:27 pm
I always thought dark chocolate helps, unless I'm thinking of something else...
0 Replies

Quincy

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 06:30 pm
Chai wrote:
Cramps ARE pain....the more proper word for a cramp is a contraction. The uterus is contracting, and that's painful. It comes in waves. Let me explain what a bad cramp feels like....

Sit in a chair.
Let someone grab your testicles and walk across the room with them.
You stay in the chair while they are doing this.
When they get to the other side of the room, have them them let go of your testicles so that they snap back at about 200 miles per hour.

You'll most likely be in a bad temper then, and want to be left alone.

Excuse me! That would be infinitely more painful than anything else imaginable, and even the un-imaginable!
0 Replies