Iraq attacks kill 9 U.S. troops

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 10:31 am
reverend hellh0und wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

really? It seems to me that typing on the keyboard isn't the same thing as fighting.

I fought for my country both as a USAF TACP and worked as a contractor before contractring was cool. Tell me boy, where and when did you serve?

Quote:

Really tough guys don't need guns, btw. Only weak people do. You may want to change your avatar to match the image you try and project online, b/c it's kind of silly at the moment.

Cycloptichorn

Now thats an "idiotic statment" Laughing

I don't recall ever portraying a "tough guy" image. Perhaps you can quote me and show me... Or are you simply making **** up because you are intellectually bankrupt and don't want to discuss the topics?

You don't know me so what does that say about you and your attempt at internet Machismo here? Should I call you weak and a wanna be tough guy for "calling me out"? I mean should the Good Reverend get upset that some yellow bellied liberal out in Berkley does not like my avatar? I mean how tough is it to attack someone's "toughness" on the interweb especially when your target never talked about his supposed toughness?

Please you are pathetic. I am an have always been willing to discuss any topic with anyone but it seems that round here certain tools want to make it all about how big the Good Reverend's cod piece is.

Get a life man. get a life.

Apparently I hit a nerve.

People who talk about themselves in the third person are generally fools, Rev. You don't seem like a fool about half the time... so why continue with the foolishness?

Quote:

No, some of us are fighting them here. Others are bitching and whining every step of the way trying to impead this struggle.

Yeah, tough guy, you're fighting right at this moment. Actually, no, you're not. You're typing on the keyboard. So don't pretend that you're doing anything to help any cause - at the moment.

You speak of 'intellectual bankruptness,' but you don't address the topics yourself with every post, but have taken many personal jabs at those you disagree with. But let's move past that, and go back to the topic:

Quote:

As to fighting them over there vs. here argument you are wrong too. IF I have a beach house in Hawaii along with the one I have in Long Beach Island (one is 14+ hours away the other (lbi) is 1.5 hours away) which one do you think I will use more?

This is not germane to the topic, b/c we aren't talking about where you choose to spend your time. We're talking about your claim that they will come fight us here if we aren't there.

They aren't prohibited from fighting us here by us fighting them there. In fact, they have grown stronger by fighting us there. We've trained them and given them new recruits and more money. There really isn't any reason that they couldn't try to fight us here anytime they wished, certainly not because our army is bogged down in Iraq.

And this is because it isn't an army vs. another army, but an army vs. a bunch of terrorists. The goals and tactics are different. We don't prevent them from attacking by attacking them.

You don't seem to understand how terrorism works, and have some fantasy that a muslim army is going to invade America... is this true?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 10:32 am
Dookiestix wrote:
Reverend HellH0und wrote:
Please you are pathetic. I am an have always been willing to discuss any topic with anyone but it seems that round here certain tools want to make it all about how big the Good Reverend's cod piece is.

Laughing

Sounds like that's the topic you wish to discuss, not others on this forum, as you keep bringing it up.

And you continue.

Please by all means discuss Cycles attempt at defining "asynchronous warfare".

Also discuss about my beach house metaphor.

There is plenty for you to discuss yet you choose the Good Reverend's prowess.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 10:36 am
Quote:
There have been 3,697 coalition deaths -- 3,422 Americans, two Australians, 148 Britons, 13 Bulgarians, seven Danes, two Dutch, two Estonians, one Fijian, one Hungarian, 32 Italians, one Kazakh, three Latvian, 19 Poles, two Romanians, five Salvadoran, four Slovaks, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and 18 Ukrainians -- in the war in Iraq as of May 21, 2007, according to a CNN count.

The list below is the names of the soldiers, Marines, airmen, sailors and Coast Guardsmen whose deaths have been reported by their country's governments. The list also includes seven employees of the U.S. Defense Department.

At least 25,378 U.S. troops have been wounded in action, according to the Pentagon.

link

from Spc. Justin W. Pollardthrough to Lance Cpl. Johnathan E. Kirk
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 10:38 am
As I've said before, Bob Dole is an idiot. :wink:
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 10:43 am
Rev, you misunderstood the point of asynchronous warfare and why I brought it up.

From your defintion:

Quote:
This may involve a preselected or delayed (timed) attack on an adversary, taking advantage of the passage of time to develop a strategic opportunity or to exploit a future vulnerability. In a preselected attack, the operation has a latent effect on the adversary.

This is exactly what the enemy is doing/has done, and is a classic strategy for a weaker opponent to fight a stronger one.

Our attacks in Iraq, against AQ elements there, do not prevent them from carrying out attacks here in America. At all. There is little doubt amongst any members of the intelligence community, that AQ has agents here in America already. Fighting in Iraq doesn't stop them from going forward with any of their plans at all. How could it?

That's the point of asynchronous warfare; you can't fight it with an army, it won't do any good. What we're doing and have done in Iraq doesn't make us one hair safer than we were before, and actually makes us far less safe, as it arms AQ further, gives them training and recruits, and far more money.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 10:44 am
Dookiestix wrote:

Laughing

Sounds like that's the topic you wish to discuss, not others on this forum, as you keep bringing it up.

And you continue.

Your narciccism belies anything you hope to accomplish (whatever the hell that is).

Asymmetrical warfare is a weak opponent seeking offsets against a stronger foe. So far, the numbers speak for themselves, thanks to ehBeth's post, and they continue. Your delusional and narcissistic state of mind is putting our military in an even more untenable position, where more will die for oil. Our "enemy" isn't afraid to die. This is what you dont get. They WANT to die.

I'd be embarrassed, too, if I was actually speaking from a first person perspective while rattling off what you've said as a newbie.
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 10:44 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Apparently I hit a nerve.

Not really. Yet lets keep talking about the Good Reverend.

Quote:

People who talk about themselves in the third person are generally fools, Rev. You don't seem like a fool about half the time... so why continue with the foolishness?

***Yawn*** pay attention. I generally only do that when some idiot want to talk about me. The Good Reverend has many fans that can't seem to stay on topic and feel a need to discuss the greatness that is the Good Reverend.

PM me your address and I will send you an 8x10 glossy. Wink

I'll even sign it for you.

Quote:

Quote:

No, some of us are fighting them here. Others are bitching and whining every step of the way trying to impead this struggle.

Yeah, tough guy, you're fighting right at this moment. Actually, no, you're not. You're typing on the keyboard. So don't pretend that you're doing anything to help any cause - at the moment.

Oh so I got to be fighting right at THIS moment.... Laughing

Again where did you serve?

Your blog does not count. Laughing

Quote:

You speak of 'intellectual bankruptness,' but you don't address the topics yourself with every post, but have taken many personal jabs at those you disagree with. But let's move past that, and go back to the topic:

Quote me where I jabbed at any poster first. I have only responded to the idiots. Know any of em. Wink

Quote:

As to fighting them over there vs. here argument you are wrong too. IF I have a beach house in Hawaii along with the one I have in Long Beach Island (one is 14+ hours away the other (lbi) is 1.5 hours away) which one do you think I will use more?

This is not germane to the topic, b/c we aren't talking about where you choose to spend your time. We're talking about your claim that they will come fight us here if we aren't there. [/quote]

You are missing the point. Answer the question and I will hold your hand explaining the metaphor to you.

Quote:

They aren't prohibited from fighting us here by us fighting them there. In fact, they have grown stronger by fighting us there. We've trained them and given them new recruits and more money. There really isn't any reason that they couldn't try to fight us here anytime they wished, certainly not because our army is bogged down in Iraq.

Who said "prohibited" we have created a battlefield for them. Beach house. Its easier for them to get to Iraq than to the US.

Quote:

And this is because it isn't an army vs. another army, but an army vs. a bunch of terrorists. The goals and tactics are different. We don't prevent them from attacking by attacking them.

no **** but we fight them until they re-evaluate thier cost to kill ratio....

Quote:

You don't seem to understand how terrorism works, and have some fantasy that a muslim army is going to invade America... is this true?

Cycloptichorn

Now you are attributing positions and points I have not made. Try again
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 10:46 am
Quote:

Um, they are winning this ratio. They have evaluated it, and it's going well for them.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 10:46 am
Reverend HellHound wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Now you are attributing positions and points I have not made. Try again

He didn't. He asked a question. Are you incapable of answering it?
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 06:45 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Rev, you misunderstood the point of asynchronous warfare and why I brought it up.

From your defintion:

Quote:
This may involve a preselected or delayed (timed) attack on an adversary, taking advantage of the passage of time to develop a strategic opportunity or to exploit a future vulnerability. In a preselected attack, the operation has a latent effect on the adversary.

This is exactly what the enemy is doing/has done, and is a classic strategy for a weaker opponent to fight a stronger one.

Our attacks in Iraq, against AQ elements there, do not prevent them from carrying out attacks here in America. At all. There is little doubt amongst any members of the intelligence community, that AQ has agents here in America already. Fighting in Iraq doesn't stop them from going forward with any of their plans at all. How could it?

That's the point of asynchronous warfare; you can't fight it with an army, it won't do any good. What we're doing and have done in Iraq doesn't make us one hair safer than we were before, and actually makes us far less safe, as it arms AQ further, gives them training and recruits, and far more money.

Cycloptichorn

No you said Async warfare was:

Quote:
This idiotic comment.

Asynchronous warfare means that fighting them there does not prevent them from fighting us here. They aren't pinned down. The Iraq war doesn't cost them money and lose them troops. Quite the opposite, in fact.

So it's a ridiculous thing to say, really.

Cycloptichorn

Now you are spinning it to fit your point by taking the correct definition that I gave you but also spinning it to link it to your origional point. It has failed.

Let me make it simple for you and your "puerile" little sidekick.

Do you know anything about boxing or MMA? Ever hear of the phrase "letting the guy gas himself" or "punch himself out". Simply It means holding back and saving your energy while the other guy tires himself out trying to punch you. Need I go on? This is a simplistic example of an "async warfare" as it applies to the pugalistic arts. It has nothing to do with what venue in what state you are fighting in. Wink I hope that helps.

It has nothing to do with fighting here nor there

get it now?

BTW: I am still curious as to when and where you served? I mean with all that "tough guy" ad hominen you thrown my way I would love to see where you stand. Wink
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 06:51 am
Dookiestix wrote:
Dookiestix wrote:

Laughing

And you continue.

Your narciccism belies anything you hope to accomplish (whatever the hell that is).

Its hard to be humble when I am surrounded by you and your ilk. Wink

Quote:

Asymmetrical warfare is a weak opponent seeking offsets against a stronger foe. So far, the numbers speak for themselves, thanks to ehBeth's post, and they continue. Your delusional and narcissistic state of mind is putting our military in an even more untenable position, where more will die for oil. Our "enemy" isn't afraid to die. This is what you dont get. They WANT to die.

Die for oil. Laughing Do you have a car? Computer? Where rubber soled shoes, Walk on the street? Power your house? etc. etc. etc.? If so YOU NEED OIL,,,, Laughing

As for them "Wanting to die"

Cool. We can help them with thier wish.

Quote:
I'd be embarrassed, too, if I was actually speaking from a first person perspective while rattling off what you've said as a newbie.

What are you 12? 1. you are speaking in the "1st person" I guess that would be embarrassing in your case. 2. Is calling the Good Reverend (that is "3rd person" btw) a "newbie" give you some forum cred.... Laughing
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 06:52 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Um, they are winning this ratio. They have evaluated it, and it's going well for them.

Cycloptichorn

Really? How many did we kill, how many did they kill? Laughing
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 10:51 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

The high death rate ratio does't not matter to them. Their society have special laws to rectify their population. It's called multiple wives plus 24/7 breeding.

The more important question is the cost of war:

How much did we spend, how much did they spend?

Cost of War: What Can You Buy with $426 Billion?

"KSDK - Analysts say about $426 billion has already been spent on the Iraq war. It's a number so big that it's difficult for the average person to comprehend."
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 11:03 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

Which side is more than happy to die for their religion?

Looks like you already forgot about Asymmetrical warfare.

Stupid is as stupid does. Keep it up.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 11:03 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

It isn't about how many they've killed, but how much they are costing us to fight. Russia didn't lose in Afghanistan b/c the muhadjeen kicked their asses. They just outlasted the Russian's ability to fight, and they are going to do the same thing to us.

Why? Because it costs them nothing to do so, and costs us a tremendous amount to hold up our end. In fact, AQ is better trained, financed, and more numerous thanks to Iraq - not less.

Their cost-to-kill ratio is immensely better than our 2 billion a week cost-to-kill ratio Rolling Eyes doesn't take a genius to see that they aren't spending 2 billion a week to hold up their end, sheesh

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 11:12 am
Quote:
In fact, AQ is better trained, financed, and more numerous thanks to Iraq - not less.

You can back that up somehow? or, just throwing around facts you pull out of your buttocks?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 11:14 am
McGentrix wrote:
Quote:
In fact, AQ is better trained, financed, and more numerous thanks to Iraq - not less.

You can back that up somehow? or, just throwing around facts you pull out of your buttocks?

Suicide bombings are up, mostly due to Al Qaeda.

How many times did we kill the #2 man? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 11:19 am
McGentrix wrote:
Quote:

Nice try.

Quote:
WAR ON TERRORISM
Money from Iraq flows to al Qaeda
The CIA has stepped up its effort to find Osama bin Laden and said it has tracked a greater flow of al Qaeda resources from Iraq into Pakistan.

BY GREG MILLER
Los Angeles Times Service

WASHINGTON --
A major CIA effort launched last year to hunt down Osama bin Laden has produced no significant leads on his whereabouts, but has helped track an alarming increase in the movement of al Qaeda operatives and money into Pakistan's tribal territories, according to senior U.S. intelligence officials familiar with the operation.

In one of the most troubling trends, U.S. officials said that al Qaeda's command base in Pakistan is increasingly being funded by cash coming out of Iraq, where the terrorist network's operatives are raising substantial sums from donations to the anti-American insurgency as well as from kidnappings of wealthy Iraqis and other criminal activity.

The influx of money has bolstered al Qaeda's leadership ranks at a time when the core command is regrouping and reasserting influence over its far-flung network. The trend also signals a reversal in the traditional flow of al Qaeda funds, with the network's leadership surviving to a large extent on money coming in from its most profitable franchise, rather than distributing funds from headquarters to distant cells.

http://www.miamiherald.com/578/story/113482.html

Iraq provides a recruiting ground, a training ground, and a financial boon for Al Qaeda. Why don't you try using your head and actually think about the situation?

None of AQ's top commanders are in Iraq. Noone who isn't expendable from AQ needs to be in Iraq. And they certainly have no problem recruiting more and more disaffected young Iraqis, who now hate the US for either killing their families or contributing to the situation that did. How can we do serious damage to AQ in Iraq? We can't. There's no possible way that we could do anything to seriously hurt them there.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 11:21 am
McGentrix wrote:
Quote:

According to the CIA, it is true:

Quote:
WASHINGTON -- The CIA believes the Iraq insurgency poses an international threat and may produce better-trained Islamic terrorists than the 1980s Afghanistan war that gave rise to Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda, officials said yesterday.

A classified report from the agency says Iraqi and foreign fighters are developing a broad range of skills, from car bombings and assassinations to coordinated conventional attacks on police and military targets, officials said.

boston.com
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 11:32 am
So, let me get this straight so I understand you guys...

It is your opinion that Al Qaeda is better trained, better financed and has more members now, then before we invaded Iraq.

That is what you are suggesting, right?

That would make sense considering the US had just spent a year destroying the Taliban and most of the AQ infrastructure and financial means.

Do you believe they are better trained, better financed and has more members now, then before 9/11?
0 Replies