Will of the people on Iraq

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 09:35 am
woiyo wrote:
Dookiestix wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
woiyo, We have terrorists in this country, born and bred. Ever hear about Oklahoma City or the Unibomber?

We also have Muslims in this country who were recently polled, with a frightening percentage believing that suicide bombings in this country could be justified.

They're already here. The more we bomb the Middle East and meddle in their affairs, the greater the chances are that we could suffer a devestating attack from a DOMESTIC American Muslim.

I guess woiyo forgot about Timothy McVeigh, Fort Dix, and other potential terrorist plots in this country.

From what I recall, McVeigh was a US citizen born and bred. Ft Dix crew were immigrants, some here illegally, all Muslim and hell bent on killing soldiers in the name of their religion.

Thanks for proving my point.

All of whom have lived in this country for YEARS. Most of the Fort Dix suspects were of Albanian origin, one was Turkish, and one was Jordanian-Palestinian. But they have lived most of their lives here in this country. Some were legal residents, some were illegal, and some were citizens. In any event, they are still homegrown terrorists.

But I would guess that to you, even an embryo that made it here illegally would still meet your criteria of NOT being a homegrown terrorist.

Wake up. They're already here.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 09:37 am
HokieBird wrote:
Best to just leave you in your own little comfy world.

[translation] I don't know. [/translation]
0 Replies

HokieBird

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 09:39 am
maporsche wrote:
HokieBird wrote:
Best to just leave you in your own little comfy world.

[translation] I don't know. [/translation]

[translation] He didn't bother to read the links provided.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 10:06 am
If we can believe what our government is telling us, they say border control has been improved in recent times. Since "we" have no evidence to the contrary, what are we supposed to believe?

Those who claim terrorists are still coming through our borders, what proof do you have? Evidence, please.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 10:08 am
Okay, and even more important, so what?

There are crooks and criminals of all types here and all over the world. Terrorism is something that has to be fought against, but it isn't pernicious to the survival of the US or even of your own personal behind.

The cowardice of some people here amazes me. Whatever happened to 'Give me liberty, or give me death?'

Now the Republican mantra is 'Take our liberties to keep us safe, please!'

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 10:23 am
The "so what?" is based on what the Bush apologists continue to tell us and support; that "if we don't fight them in Iraq, we'll have to fight them here," then we are told that our borders are still leaking with terrorists coming into our country. That's a contradiction on how to secure our country from terrorists.

The facts are: we already have terrorists in our country; some home grown and others through legal and illegal immigration.

"We'll have to fight them here" is fear-mongering by Bush and his supporters. It's up to our intelligence and justice system to prosecute terrorists in our countryy as they would any criminal.

As in Iraq, it's almost impossible to stop a suicide bomber from performing their dastardly deeds no matter where on this planet.

Fear mongering works.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 12:05 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Dookiestix wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
woiyo, We have terrorists in this country, born and bred. Ever hear about Oklahoma City or the Unibomber?

We also have Muslims in this country who were recently polled, with a frightening percentage believing that suicide bombings in this country could be justified.

They're already here. The more we bomb the Middle East and meddle in their affairs, the greater the chances are that we could suffer a devestating attack from a DOMESTIC American Muslim.

I guess woiyo forgot about Timothy McVeigh, Fort Dix, and other potential terrorist plots in this country.

From what I recall, McVeigh was a US citizen born and bred. Ft Dix crew were immigrants, some here illegally, all Muslim and hell bent on killing soldiers in the name of their religion.

All of whom have lived in this country for YEARS. Most of the Fort Dix suspects were of Albanian origin, one was Turkish, and one was Jordanian-Palestinian. But they have lived most of their lives here in this country. Some were legal residents, some were illegal, and some were citizens. In any event, they are still homegrown terrorists.

But I would guess that to you, even an embryo that made it here illegally would still meet your criteria of NOT being a homegrown terrorist.

I have no "effing" idea what it is or what point you are trying to make. The "so-called" terrorists are here and have been here.

Go back to sleep dopey!
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 12:21 pm
woiyo wrote:
Dookiestix wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Dookiestix wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

I have no "effing" idea what it is or what point you are trying to make. The "so-called" terrorists are here and have been here.

Go back to sleep dopey!

Stupid is as stupid does.

Fighting them there so we don't have to fight them here. That's where this particular line started, "dopey."

No doubt you have no "effing" idea. Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 01:37 pm
Hot off the NYTimes press:

May 24, 2007
Poll Shows Opposition to Iraq War at All Time High Still, the majority of Americans support continuing to finance the war, as long as the Iraqi government meets specific goals.

President Bush's approval ratings remain near the lowest point of his more than six years in office. Thirty percent of poll respondents approve of the job he's doing overall, while 63 percent disapprove. Majorities of those polled disapprove of Mr. Bush's handling of the situation in Iraq, of foreign policy, of immigration, of the economy and of the campaign against terrorism.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 01:41 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Hot off the NYTimes press:

May 24, 2007
Poll Shows Opposition to Iraq War at All Time High Still, the majority of Americans support continuing to finance the war, as long as the Iraqi government meets specific goals.

President Bush's approval ratings remain near the lowest point of his more than six years in office. Thirty percent of poll respondents approve of the job he's doing overall, while 63 percent disapprove. Majorities of those polled disapprove of Mr. Bush's handling of the situation in Iraq, of foreign policy, of immigration, of the economy and of the campaign against terrorism.

This makes no sense.

Where in the poll does it say the majority of Americans support a ci=ontinuation of funding?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 01:46 pm
woiyo, It makes no sense, because the Iraqi government has no influence or power. To assume they can "meet specific goals" only shows ignorance by the American people. They want to continue funding a war on worthless goals that's impossible to meet. In essence, funding a war to continue the loss of lives and treasure.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 02:42 pm
Hey guys use that muscle in your head. As long as our troops remain in Iraq congress has no choice but to approve funding. Bush as stupid as he is knows that.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 02:47 pm
The people in the Iraqi government can't be that stupid; at least they're gonna be taking a vacation away from the hottest months of the year by taking a few months "sabbatical" away from the firestorm. They know they can't meet any kind of "goals" set by the US or anybody else.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 02:50 pm
au1929 wrote:
Hey guys use that muscle in your head. As long as our troops remain in Iraq congress has no choice but to approve funding. Bush as stupid as he is knows that.

Um, you are completely wrong.

Cutting funding forces the commanders to pull the troops out.

Leaving them there without funding would be butchery and impeachment time. To say that Congress has 'no choice' is to buy into Republican framing bullshit. Don't.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 02:55 pm
Military commanders need an active war to make a name for themselves. Peacetime is the pits for generals who sit around drinking beer and talking about the "next war." Their adrenalin works only during wars; they love it.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 03:55 pm
Cycloptichorn
I totaly disagree with you. Bush and his cronies would be spreading the news that congress does not support our troops and our troops are are lacking equipment and armament because of it. And the public will buy it. In addition they are not being asked to nor in my opinion can't just up and leave immediately. They need funding even if they stay another six to eight months. Yes indeed congress has no option but to vote the funding.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 03:59 pm
au, That's only because there are idiots who continue to believe in Bush who has cut veteran's benefits and services by over 15 percent starting in 2008. There's no cure for stupid.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 04:00 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Military commanders need an active war to make a name for themselves. Peacetime is the pits for generals who sit around drinking beer and talking about the "next war." Their adrenalin works only during wars; they love it.

What makes you think our military commanders are in favor of staying and fighting in an action where they can not possibly win.

As to your assesment of military commanders. Suggest you stop watching all those John Wayne movies Laughing
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 04:00 pm
au1929 wrote:
Cycloptichorn
I totaly disagree with you. Bush and his cronies would be spreading the news that congress does not support our troops and our troops are are lacking equipment and armament because of it. And the public will buy it. In addition they are not being asked to nor in my opinion can't just up and leave immediately. They need funding even if they stay another six to eight months. Yes indeed congress has no option but to vote the funding.

Who cares what Bush says?

The public will not buy it, as they hate Bush and the hate the war! Every time Bush proposes something, it loses popularity nationwide.

How can you not see this?!!!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 04:01 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
au1929 wrote:
Cycloptichorn

Who cares what Bush says?

The public will not buy it, as they hate Bush and the hate the war! Every time Bush proposes something, it loses popularity nationwide.

And how can you not see the publics response if we do not fund our troops in the field?

How can you not see this?!!!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies