Democrats BEFORE The Invasion of Iraq

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 11:00 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Here we see evidence that senility and idiocy have nothing in common... and a stark reminder of why I long ago chose to ignore a certain someone, long before he crawled back out from under his rock.

Yet you now endlessly attempt to blur the lines. Funny how you claim to ignore me, yet respond nonetheless.
Not really. I know there's no profit in scratching at an insect bite, so I try not to do it in a bottom priority kind of way... but sometimes I do anyway. It doesn't mean the insect is any less of a pest... and it doesn't mean I won't be better off the sooner I resume ignoring it.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 01:09 am
scratch this then:

one can download without fee John Stuart Mills tract "On Liberty" on a 5 part- 154Mb audio book here.

http://www.archive.org/details/on_liberty_librivox

as well as a multitudinous number of other audio books here.

http://librivox.org/newcatalog/search.php?title=&author=&status=complete&action=Search

running from a 12 volume set of Aesop's fables through Mikhail Bakunin's "God and the State," "On Civil Disobedience by Thoreau, the "History of the Peloponnesian War" by Thucydides, to Emil Zola's "J'accuse."

all for free... lottsa' Mark Twain too.

Sorry Bill, no Punch and Judy. You're on your own there.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 01:50 am
Ehhhhh. Ok. You're forgivenÂ… and don't worry. I'm still not interested in your dolls. :wink:
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 02:03 am
So sorry, I almost didn't see this post at all...

joefromchicago wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
It is true that Bill Clinton, for instance, suspected that the Iraqis had WMDs in 1998. It is equally true, however, that he didn't launch a pre-emptive invasion of Iraq in 1998 based upon that suspicion.
A decision that's been hotly debated ever since.

Really? By whom? I don't see a lot of people (or, to put it more accurately, a lot of sane people) criticizing Clinton for failing to make the same mistake in 1998 that Bush made in 2003.
Laughing I suppose that well has dried up, now that you mention it. Laughing

joefromchicago wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
It is also true that no one could have a high degree of certainty, one way or another, in part because Bill Clinton essentially allowed Iraq to go unchecked for years, contrary to his obligations. From a legal standpoint; how does one's repudiation, public or otherwise, absolve him of complicity, in any way?

Bill Clinton is not complicit in the same way that, for instance, Hillary Clinton is for the very simple reason that he never authorized or voted for a pre-emptive invasion of Iraq. Whether he did or did not do his job regarding inspections is a worthwhile discussion topic, but it's not a topic that has a lot of relevance to this thread, which, after all, is focused on two main points: (1) the GOP video regarding the pre-war statements made by Democrats regarding WMDs, and (2) calling each other names.
Laughing Did I forget, you idiot? I wouldn't disagree that Hillary was more instrumental, obviously, but we can't know if Saddam wouldn't have caved in to the same degree in 1998... and I'll bet you believe that unlike George; Bill would have stopped when the new wave of inspectors yelled stop (assuming they still would have). We'll never know because Bill fired a couple shots over the bow and then got busy ignoring the situation.
0 Replies