Insulting people in lieu of reason/logic is the liberal way.

DrewDad

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 02:19 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
I'll offer you the same suggestion that I made Freeduck. Just analyze the posts in this thread and see who actually argued whether the statement as you posted it is right or wrong versus those who were criticizing/insulting me for making the statement. Then assign an ideology to each one as best as you can.

If this is your idea of unbiased, empirical research then I will have difficulty taking you seriously in the future.

Here's some advice, Fox: when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

As further illustration of my observations and point here, I think probably only a liberal would extrapolate my friendly suggestion to Kicky into "(my) idea of unbiased, empirical research". I think a conservative would be less likely to do that. What do you think?

A) Please note the "if."
B) The notion of using this particular thread as any sort of gauge on general behavior is laughable. I can hardly count the number of flaws if one were to try to use this as a statistical sample.
C) You offer the "friendly suggestion" as if it has some sort of objective merit, which makes me question your honesty and intelligence.

Whether you are arguing from conviction or are simply having fun tweaking people's noses, you are doing a fine job of undermining your own credibility.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 02:27 pm
What credibility?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 02:38 pm
When Fox first came here, she said that we should listen to her, because she is well-educated and well-informed. The obvious implication is that she believed that she was dealing with people who were not well-educated and who were not well-informed. The evidence of her participation here is that she is not well-educated, and that she is not well-informed. She consistently fails the challenge to provide reliable evidence for her assertions.

So, as i said, what credibility?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 03:23 pm
So predictable

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 03:27 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
So predictable

Look, Sancho. Just because you don't like tilting at windmills doesn't mean the rest of us can't have our fun.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 03:28 pm
Why don't you join the group instead of being a party poop?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 03:33 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
One of the nice things about verbal debate is that physical strength isn't an advantage, so why would anyone take into account that one is a girl?
My bad... collateral damage... I was aiming for a shot in the men's manhood. :wink:

Laughing It's all good. (You might want to aim a little lower next time...)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 03:34 pm
I am not a liberal I am a conservative.

I believe in conserving my right to privacy.

I believe in conserving my right to keep what I earn and either blow it and eat dog food or be rich. It's my business.

I believe in conserving my right to put anything in my body I like.

I believe in conserving my right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness which does not involve fighting in, supporting or supporting the people who cause wars with no benefit.

I believe in conserving our natural resources by being good stewards of the earth we live on.

I believe in conserving life by taking care of people AFTER they arrive here.

I believe everyone who doesn't believe as I do is full of **** and should piss off. That's logical.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 03:36 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Why don't you join the group instead of being a party poop?

I mastered this game long ago. It no longer holds any attraction for me.

But by all means, continue; but she wouldn't admit sh*t if she had a mouthful. Just deny, dance, deceive, dissemble. So don't get your hopes up for anything other than some hilarity.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 03:38 pm
Quote:
I'm just a soul who's intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 03:57 pm
Thomas wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
So far nobody but more conservative members have presumed to show how my statement in the thread starter is incorrect. The best most of the liberals have come up with is that I am deserving of much criticism for making such a statement.

And that is the difference between the "Conservative way" and the "Liberal way" as I see it. Agree or disagree.

I will do nothing of the kind. Your efforts to stick labels onto your correspondents are a matter of uttermost indifference to me.

Good intensifier.

"Uttermost"...that's even better than utter.

Or...is that etter than butter?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 09:26 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
Quote:
I'll refer you to your quote I used as an example earlier in this post. "Label and dismiss - the Foxfyre way" is a personally directed insult and characterization... of your argument. That is what you have resorted to and is at least as bad as what you accuse others of

Quote:
The only way I have characterized the way you debate is to point out that you are focused on me and explaining my shortcomings to me rather than attempting to show how 'the liberal way' has been mischaracterized. So how is that a mischaracterization?No, you indicated that I use insult in place of logic and reason.

Quote:
Lordy, Lordy, you really DON'T pay attention do you? (Yes that was an insult.)

Quote:
You either are unable to understand my point or won't.

Quote:
Quote:
Where are these more honest and noble debaters who can understand the distinction you are attempting to make?.

Apparently you aren't one.

Quote:
Wow you're really getting into this liberal way of argument. Scratch a liberal long enough, and that often happens.

Fox, after reading this entire thread and most especially this specific post I have come to the conclusion that you are the worst offender of what you are calling "the liberal way". In fact, your statement that started this thread is a perfect example of what you are talking about. I find that you are often snide and insulting in a backhanded sort of way and are shocked to find that you have to stand to account for it. Nobody, not even other staunch conservatives are defending you on this. There's a reason why. It's because you are wrong.

Sometimes, Foxfyre, the thing that bothers us so much about others is something we are guilty of ourselves. If you perceive that you are often attacked unfairly or personally insulted in a debate, maybe it's time to look in the mirror?

Duck, I'll say this one more time and maybe just maybe get through that little yellow round head of yours.

I am arguing a point thrust upon me by Kicky who pulled a quote of mine out of context and used it to start the thread. My whole argument the whole time is that liberals are more likely to focus on their opponent in an insulting way than they are likely to focus on the point their opponent is making. They are far more likely to criticize their opponent for making a point in the first place than they are likely to consider whether the point has any merit.

All I have done here is point out how various members have done just that. They have made me the issue, as you have done here, rather than the point that was being made.

I accept that you see me as an insulting, unacceptable person. Many do. Also many don't. I regret the former. I appreciate the latter. But I have not done anything here other than defend a point that Kicky used as a thread starter and attributed to me. And the ONLY way I could do that is to attempt to put the phrase in the context in which I intended it and to use you and all the others trying to discredit me personally as illustration for my argument in defense of that point. And many of you have cooperated in that effort quite nicely. Smile

I can't think of any way to say it differently than I've already said it, and I know from experience that few will even attempt to see from my point of view. So, I'll apologize for unintentionally ruffling your feathers, and if its's okay with all you guys, I'll leave you to happily trash me as you probably will do and get on with some more productive pursuits. But thanks for the exercise. And the beautiful illustrations that I will probably get to use elsewhere.

Oh and Kicky, Sweetheart, at some point or another, I did respond to every one of your points. I just don't feel like repeating it all again.

Sweet! This is almost as good as a retraction to me. A gutless exit from the thread.

Victory is mine!!!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 09:49 pm
Good lord... It took three and a half years and a technical Knock Out... but it would appear Kicky has won his first argument. We're never going to here the end of this...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 09:53 pm
I guess this is the kind of thing that would even give you hope. Keep on trying, Bill. At some point, if you try hard enough, you might eventually win one too.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 10:01 pm
kickycan wrote:
I guess this is the kind of thing that would even give you hope. Keep on trying, Bill. At some point, if you try hard enough, you might eventually win one too.
Laughing That's what I like most about you, Kick; the cluelessness. Foxy finally walks away after enduring 20 pages of nonstop abuse, and you define it as a gutless exit. How proud you must be for your fractional contribution to the pile on. What a stud.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 10:14 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
kickycan wrote:
Laughing That's what I like most about you, Kick; the cluelessness. Foxy finally walks away after enduring 20 pages of nonstop abuse, and you define it as a gutless exit. How proud you must be for your fractional contribution to the pile on. What a stud.

Good god, Bill, I was only having fun. Relax your sphincter muscles. It will make those turds that you call opinions easier to squeeze out all over this site.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 10:18 pm
Now that's funny.

Bill, you have a strange definiton of abuse.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 10:49 pm
Re: Insulting people in lieu of reason/logic is the liberal
kickycan wrote:
At least that's what Foxfyre says.

Foxfyre wrote:
Insult in lieu of reason, logic, and/or verifiable facts is the liberal way, not the conservative or independent way.

Do you agree?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha, foxfyre said that? Not too much of a sweeping generalization, is it?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 11:44 pm
Fox is an enigma; I only see bias, narrow mindedness, and ignorance all wrapped into that one sentence. In a word, haughty.
0 Replies