NY Times article on taking classes to meet people as well as learn stuff
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 625 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 03:52 pm
Never a truer word, osso. I used to take classes--for enlightenment and the hope of meeting some nice man. Hah! Men don't take classes. They're out doing men stuff. Made some friends though. And was enlightened.

If kicky is interested, I recommend the 92nd Street Y. Tons of classes and hordes of women taking them. Where else? The Metropolitan Museum. The Museum of Natual History.

I'm sure there are thousands of other places for classes in the Big Apple. I just mentioned the places I went to. And I'm sure there that the women outnumber the men in ALL of them.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 04:03 pm
I met guys I liked in my landarch classes, those are probably equal numbers, gender wise, but then I was married; oh, well.
I was dating others when I took all my art classes (4 years worth after work, something like 28 classes, egads), but there were some ok guys there. I remember those as maybe more women, but not 1/3-2/3. Depends on the art class, I suppose; I took scads of drawing and painting classes, which, at least then, did interest men too.
0 Replies