PRINCE!!!! Coming to the UK!!!! YES!!!

eoe

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 02:41 pm
Finally got my cd from little cuz. It's not 'Purple Rain' or 'Sign of the Times', this is true. It's more of an 'Around the World in a Day'. Lots of filler but a few chunks of gold along the way.

And to whomever said that because of his age his romance rap sounded silly... my Prince can sweet talk me anytime. I don't give a flying hooha how old he gets.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:16 am
Wow,what a show that was !
This was my first concert at the O2 (The Dome as is used to be called) and didn't know where to go.Eventually,I found the correct entrance door,but was told that,due to an extended sound-check,there would be a delay.Well,it was the first night so no complaints here.
After going through security and collecting the CD (which is the same as the one given away in the Mail on Sunday,the only difference being the slip case has round corners and is shrink-wrapped),I was given a Prince Hospitality wrist-band and directed to The BackStage Bar where I was greeted with a welcome drink.Servers were walking around with canapes/nibbles.After another couple of beers(free),I made my way down to my seat,which was about 100 feet from the stage and at the same level,so didn't have to look up or down.A GREAT view !
Although billed as so,there was NO support act.
Looking around the stadium seated auditorium just before the house lights went down,I noticed many empty seats,but at the end of the concert,most of these were filled.The stage is the shape of Prince's symbol with the speakers and lighting rig suspended above.
Prince is a tease.He keeps you waiting for more and after an elongated start,he eventually hit the stage and received a great London welcome.Greatest hit after hit followed,with the purple one being kept busy working his stage in the round.There followed 4 other musical sections,all interspersed with a musical interlude.The final 2 being a surprise!!!!
Everyone thought it was all over and started filing out,WHEN,the purple one (surrounded by a circle of black-suited security guards) marched onto the auditorium floor and made their way,through the crowd,to the base of the stage,into which,Prince entered.A couple of minutes later,he rose through the stage and sung a few lines of songs he hadn't covered,just him and a guitar.Really cool.Then he disappeared into the stage again.
Only to re-appear,with the rest of the band for the real Finale.
Wow,can this man play the crowd.We didn't know what to expect!
Only one regret.He didn't introduce the band/singers/dancers formally.Such a shame as one of "the horn section" was the GREAT Maceo Parker,the guy who used to front James Brown's band.Also the dancing twins-they looked good,danced great and really earned their pay-cheque.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:19 am
wow....not to be a thread hijacker, but a friend of mine told me that david hasselhoff was big stuff overseas, is this true?
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:27 am
onyxelle wrote:
wow....not to be a thread hijacker, but a friend of mine told me that david hasselhoff was big stuff overseas, is this true?

No way,he is a joke!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 06:21 am
Sounds like a terrific show, barry. I'm very, very jealous.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 06:40 am
I've been waiting for your account Barry, thanks! Sounds wonderful.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 10:38 am
Very comprehensive review barry. Glad you enjoyed your VIP package.

What can I say that hasn't already been said. It was all I expected and more. I have a bruised palm from clapping so hard and long and I'm tempted to **** the budget and go back for more.

What a genius and what a performer, he must've been knackered. I'm glad I didn't get off after the first encore like a lot of people cos there were loads of empty seats as people had obviously thought it was over.

Prince, I LOVE U.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 01:30 pm
What's knackered?

AND GIVE IT UP GURL!
What did he have on? Was there a costume change? Did he look hot? Is his behind still like two round, firm peaches? Is he still in pumps? Does he still dance and twirl like before? Or has he slowed it down? Give us the real review DP. I'm awaitin'...
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 01:39 pm
Knackered - British for exhausted. No wonder he's so thin eoe. Bloody hell that man has some stamina.

He still looks HOT, although he was wearing quite a bit of make-up.

He was dancing around and twirling and bobbin' a weavin' just as agile if not more than the Twinz (who looked beautiful and loads bigger than him!)

He had his heels on.

He had a blue and white jacket on which changed to blue later on and black towards the end.

He was very funny and was saying "Hello London, have you missed me?" "I was so excited last night I couldn't sleep" and "What do you wanna hear next? Raspberry Beret? Diamonds and Pearls? I got too many hits for you."

It was wicked.

Maceo was wicked.

He played a mixture of old and new but highlights for me were,

Nothing Compares 2 U
Little Red Corvette
U Got the Look
Boys and Girls
Take Me With U
Kiss
Black Sweat
Controversey
Cream
If I Was Your Girlfriend

He played for about 3 hours.

x
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 01:43 pm
Programmes were £15 and I couldn't afford to get a T-shirt as well.

Sad

There were 2 couples sat in the row in front of me who didn't move throughout the whole show and looked pretty bored.

I don't get it. Why do people go to concerts if they are gonna sit there like lemons?

The sound system was brilliant in there by the way and his voice still sounded fantastic.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 01:44 pm
3 HOURS!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 01:46 pm
Yep. the last encore (there were 3) went on for about 40 mins.

I believe he then went on to do an aftershow at the smaller club venue next door.

Smile
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 01:47 pm
3 HOURS!!!
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 01:49 pm
Yeah

Laughing

my best mate (who loves Prince but not to the crazy extent I do) looked a bit gutted when he came on again

Laughing

I think she was ready for bed by then as we had been dancing like lunatics all night.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 01:53 pm
I can't believe my eyes. 3 hours. That was like...a date! Laughing
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 01:58 pm
I wish...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 02:01 pm
pssst...you didn't respond to my butt question. Still firm? Still tiny? Still adorable?
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 02:12 pm
Still tiny, taught, peachy and cute. (Wonder if he waxes it? What do you reckon?)
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:29 pm
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1229/988105419_e8205c1fd6_b.jpg

here you go guys.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:35 pm
Those are some heels! They're not even platforms, they're straight-up stilettos.

He's got guts.
0 Replies