PRINCE!!!! Coming to the UK!!!! YES!!!

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 09:18 am
Oh my God. I'm SO excited.

Go my tickets - 1st August.

... packing bag full of purple thongs to throw at him as I type...

Anyone else going?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 9,625 • Replies: 129
No top replies

Captain Irrelevant

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 07:48 pm
Is this some sort of cultural exchange program? You send one to Iraq and then you get one from us?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 08:29 pm
How much were the tickets?
0 Replies

Suzie B

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 12:28 am
Hi dorothy. Your very lucky to get tickets for his opening night. i tried online but they had sold out by the time i tried to book it. Ive got tickets for the 7th in the end, which still cost £85 each which is about the cheapest you can get. I was originally trying for the opening night or the saturday, but they wanted £145 which i thought was a rip off.
What with train fares down to london, hotel and food its going to cost my friend and i a total of about £300 as it is.
To be honest, we're having second thoughts now as we're both skint. Unless we can find someone to let us doss down in london overnight, we might jusr sell the tickets on and buy the concert DVD instead Sad
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 01:43 am
I'll also be there on the opening night.I treated myself to a VIP Reception and Golden Circle seating.It cost an arm and a leg,but seeing as these are the last shows that he's gonna sing his greatest hits,I thaught "Yeah,go for it!"
I'll also be at the Hammersmith Apollo on the 27th of May to see The Pet Shop Boys Very Happy .
If anyone is serious in "dossing down".....I live in Charlton,about 20 mins walk from The O2.I don't mind sleeping on my sofa for the night so I'm offering a double bed to those who need it. P.M. me with a phone number.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 10:33 am
Captain Irrelevant wrote:
Is this some sort of cultural exchange program? You send one to Iraq and then you get one from us?

don't get it
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 10:34 am
Lucky girl!

We expect a detailed account.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 10:34 am
eoe wrote:
How much were the tickets?

eoe, the tickets were £31.21 just like the album title. Except for barrythemod's VIP tickets which were much much more expensive and which I am extremely jealous about!

x
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 10:37 am
barrythemod wrote:
I'll also be there on the opening night.I treated myself to a VIP Reception and Golden Circle seating.It cost an arm and a leg,but seeing as these are the last shows that he's gonna sing his greatest hits,I thaught "Yeah,go for it!"
I'll also be at the Hammersmith Apollo on the 27th of May to see The Pet Shop Boys Very Happy .
If anyone is serious in "dossing down".....I live in Charlton,about 20 mins walk from The O2.I don't mind sleeping on my sofa for the night so I'm offering a double bed to those who need it. P.M. me with a phone number.

barrythemod, I envy you and your VIP tickets, if I had the money, I too would have got some. Oh well. Maybe we could all get together for a post-concert drink (unless I have been stretchered off after fainting with excitement).

Do you happen to know if the Pet Shop Boys are coming to Manchester as I would love to go see them again too.

x
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 10:39 am
Suzie B wrote:
Hi dorothy. Your very lucky to get tickets for his opening night. i tried online but they had sold out by the time i tried to book it. Ive got tickets for the 7th in the end, which still cost £85 each which is about the cheapest you can get. I was originally trying for the opening night or the saturday, but they wanted £145 which i thought was a rip off.
What with train fares down to london, hotel and food its going to cost my friend and i a total of about £300 as it is.
To be honest, we're having second thoughts now as we're both skint. Unless we can find someone to let us doss down in london overnight, we might jusr sell the tickets on and buy the concert DVD instead Sad

Hi suzie b! Don't sell your tickets! You may regret it years from now, it's only money. Anyway barrythemod says you can kip at his.

Laughing

I hope you end up going and that you have a fantastic night.

DP

x
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 10:47 am
sozobe wrote:
Lucky girl!

We expect a detailed account.

of course soz. I'll try take some pics on my mobile too.

Wooooohoooooooooo!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 10:53 am
Have you ever seen him before? I've seen him a couple times over the years. He puts on a GREAT live show. You are going to love it!
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 11:45 am
...Prince?

When was I born? What?
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 01:45 am
Dorothy Parker wrote:
barrythemod, I envy you and your VIP tickets, if I had the money, I too would have got some. Oh well. Maybe we could all get together for a post-concert drink (unless I have been stretchered off after fainting with excitement).

Do you happen to know if the Pet Shop Boys are coming to Manchester as I would love to go see them again too.

x

Great idea to meet up for a drink/chat after.Let me know where you're staying and I'll draw up a plan.I'll also let you know how I could afford that mega-ticket price (and,no,I'm far from rich !)
Chris and Niel will be at the Manchester Apollo on the 28th of this month.Did a quick check for tickets.Some available for £26.50 (which is 3 quid cheaper than mine) plus a £4.25 service charge from Ticketmaster but be quick !
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:03 am
Nice one barrythemod, thanks.

I'm staying at the Novotel next to the ExCel place in Grenwich.

Kicky, I have seen him twice before and he was brilliant both times but this will be the biggest venue I've seen him at.

x
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 03:06 am
Dorothy Parker wrote:
I'm staying at the Novotel next to the ExCel place in Grenwich.

Good choice of Hotel.Much more "friendly" than the nearer but very isolated Holiday Inn.
Don't know how much you know about Greenwich,and if I'm preaching to the converted,please excuse me.I love Greenwich and am always ready to "big it up"
The Novotel is just a couple of minutes walk from the bustleing heart of Greenwich Village.There's always somewhere to eat at an affordable price,and you will find it hard to chose between Italian,modern European,Spanish,Mexican,Pizza,fish and chips (one of the best in London) and Indian to name but a few.And if you wake up gagging for a bacon butty,it's only a ten minute walk away at the Blackheath tea hut and is available 24/7.
When in Greenwich,don't be "a New Yorker".Pavements/sidewalks always look the same where-ever you are.Look up,because there's loads of interesting stuff to see.
Greenwich is steeped in history but has not been afraid to move on and embrace the new.The Cutty Sark is currently undergoing a radical re-development and will take ages to complete.
From your hotel to The O2,in a cab,is less than 5 minutes and should come in under a fiver (for a recommended ,fully regestered cab ring 020 8850 0000) and there is a bus service to North Greenwich at £2..BUT I recommend walking via a great riverside route which is fully signposted but takes around an hour,depending on how fast you walk and how many Pubs you stop off at on the way :wink:
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 09:30 am
Great info. barrythemod - thanks.

I heard on the news this morning that the Cutty Sark has been badly damaged in a fire. Arson is suspected.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 03:39 am
Correct.Please excuse me for high-jacking your thread for one moment to give more info to our international forumites.
What's the Cutty Sark?....see HERE.
She was the last of her kind (a tea clipper) and the fastest,but ever since being put in an open-air dry-dock in the early 50's, she has encountered problems with her wooden hull shrinking and has had many repair works over the years.Then,some bright spark realised that the problems were exacerbated by her being uncovered and outdoors,so,after receiving sufficient funding,drew up plans to put her "under cover".
Everything from the top deck upwards-masts,rigging,etc.-were stripped down and put into safe storage in The Royal Naval Dockyard at Chatham (Kent) and a temporay wooden roof was built to cover the top deck from the elements.A temporary builders fence has been installed all around her since the start of this major re-furb.And this is my point........any 6 year old could get past this fence!
Cutty Sark,although built of wood,was a Museum.Brick and stone museums have night security guards,plus smoke and intruder alarms.Even though the super-structure was removed,the basic hull (the main part of the ship that made her soooooo fast) remained a museum,apparently unguarded,apart from 2 CCTV cameras.
IMHO,Cutty Sark has been treated as a building site,relying solely on CCTV,which probably feeds it's 2 camera pictures to a bank of VDU's covering the whole of Greenwich and maybe more,in front of which sits a very tired,solitary security guy,who didn't inform the emergency services of the fire.A passer-by did this,after obtaining video evidence on his mobile/cell phone.
A very sad day for "good old Greenwich"

Sorry DP for my rant,my spleen is now vented.

See you soon
Cool
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 05:45 am
Ha! When I saw the thread title I thought you were talking about "Our Prince." Very Happy
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 09:48 am
No worries barrythemod.

Who is "our Prince" then Squinney?

Smile
0 Replies