PRINCE!!!! Coming to the UK!!!! YES!!!

sozobe

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 10:06 am
He's already in the UK (I think... where'd his latest promotion land him?) A beloved A2K member named The Prince.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 10:07 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=179
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 10:14 am
Of course soz! I forgot about The Prince. Where the hell is he anyway? Not "seen" him about for ages.

Yeah I think you're right about Prince already being here. Well he was a couple of weeks ago anyway'cos he did a small gig at a London club. One over-excited fan who was dancing on stage knocked him over trying to kiss him and then straddled him while he was on the floor! She was swiftly removed by security. (No it wasn't me)

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 10:16 am
Oh I meant "our" Prince is in the UK -- I think that's where he lives now, it's where he lived recently but then he got another promotion and I plain don't remember where he is now. (I agree, he's been gone far too long! Sparky, where are ya?!)

(And sure, that wasn't you who tackled His Purpleness, uh-huh... ;-))
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 12:48 pm
Anybody see his platform sandal with white sock worn geisha-style ensemble.

Tried my patience a little.

But I'll let him off.

http://www.mediatakeout.com/photo/1182343243Candids_Prince_Jaslene1.jpg
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 12:50 pm
Suppose they must feel comfy after all them heels.

He looks like he's just loafin' about in the Trafford Centre, no?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 04:26 pm
I don't know about that slipper action. His feet look sooooo wide, as if they were bandaged or something. Maybe he's had more footwork done? Poor thing. We knew twenty-five years ago that spinning in those pumps like he did was gonna be trouble for him down the line. Just like the rest of us. (I had mine done back in 2001. Very Happy )
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 12:37 pm
Just heard on C4 news that Prince's latest album will be inside the Mail On Sunday this week-end.They paid him a quarter of a million pounds for the privilege.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 01:21 pm
What's The Mail? How do I get a copy? Are you saying it's free? Barnes & Noble (major bookseller chain) just sent an email the other day, soliciting pre-orders for the July 24 release.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 02:47 pm
eoe, The Mail on Sunday is a newspaper and the album is free with every copy. I think that's the only way to get a copy here (and everyone attending the concerts gets one too). Maybe you could order it online somehow.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 03:44 pm
Is that what it's called? The Mail on Sunday? I've got people over in London, maybe they can get me a copy, huh?
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 02:56 am
Yes The Mail On Sunday.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 09:58 am
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 05:20 am
Just for our transatlantic friends,don't feel too put out.Prince's latest album,Planet Earth,was included in a Sunday newspaper at no extra cost.It comes in a very basic cardboard slip-case,with a picture of "the purple one" in a bright red shirt and what looks like a black corset.There is NO track info whatsoever!
So,after listening to his latest offering a few times,here's my view,track by track.

1.Planet Earth...nothing special but OK.
2.Not Like I Love My Guitar...typical Prince,the way we are used to hear him,nice Smile
3.?...kinda nice and jazzy,it's got a "Miles Davis" trumpet sound,but reminded me that Smokey Robinson would have conveyed the intended message much better.
4.I'm The One...-see 2.
5.Future Baby Moma...another slow one but nothing great.
6.Mr Goodnight....this sits very well with me.Prince rapping.Not great but NOT bad.
7.Forget it! Crap.
8.Nearly Old School Disco,mixed Prince stylee! Oh Yeah!
9.Very forgettable!
10.A poor closing track.

DP,I'm sure you got a copy of this last Sunday,what's your take on this?
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 06:54 am
Well, as much as I love him, I'm not gonna say it's up to the standards of Purple Rain or SOTT but then whatever could be?

Yeah, it's pretty annoying that there's no track listing and photos / lyrics like you would get in a prper CD album but hey, it is free!

"Guitar" is the obvious choice for a single on first listening and he looks so cool in the video.

Wonder if we'll get a more elaborately packaged CD at the concert?

I need to see what this new fragrance of his smells like too.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 06:25 am
Dorothy Parker wrote:
I need to see what this new fragrance of his smells like too.

I've always understood he wore a lavender based eau de toilette. Confused
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 07:10 am
Dorothy Parker wrote:
Captain Irrelevant wrote:
Is this some sort of cultural exchange program? You send one to Iraq and then you get one from us?

don't get it

I think the captain means that Prince Harry is supposedly going to Iraq, and thus the UK gets our Prince.
I'd love to see him in person!! Prince, that is.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 07:59 am
Oh! Now I see! I'm a bit slow on the uptake sometimes. Thank you happy cat.

Barrythemod - He's brought out a new fragrance called 3121 and it is not lavender based apparently. I think it's only available in the US at the moment.

x
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 08:06 am
I met Prince once. He is approximately three feet tall. Seemed like a nice guy though. Not too arrogant or anything. Course, that was when he was just starting out so maybe he's had time to develop into a major asshole.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:57 am
Don't be jealous gus, I still love you too.
0 Replies