Some Questions For People Who Are MARRIED

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 07:04 am
Re: Some Questions For People Who Are MARRIED
Bohne wrote:
[quote="Bohne"]Lots of things just aren't as important to me, so I get my way.

Lots of things just aren't as important to him, so I get my way[/color][/quote]

That's why you two fit so well. You complement each other. You back down when it's not important to you but stand firm when it is. And so does he. You understand that about each other.

Gambler,
The problem in marriage often occurs when one person is always doing the backing down. Or both parties never back down.

My mom always told me....pick and choose your battles. You can't win them all so only really fight for the ones that matter to you.

Good advice that's gotten me through some tough situations and I am sure will get me through many more.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 07:35 am
aidan wrote:

What methods of conflict resolution do you use? ( Who usually "wins" and why?)

You're not going to believe this- but in situations where we disagree on the next move, he almost always "wins" or gets what he wants because I'm much more adaptive and bendable (I was the middle child of six kids) and when he gets his mind set on something- there's no changing it- he's stubborn as a mule.
But at the end of the day, we both really like a lot of things about each other and view each other as someone who will always be the most important person in the other's life- because we've shared so much and that will never change whether we live in the same house or not.

Sounds like us - my husband's stubbornness and my being a middle child and more bendy.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 12:40 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Chumly wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Why would we lie?
The gentle (and not so gentle) illusions of romantic idealism.

If anything, married people would be more brutal and honest because we know that there is indeed an element of illusion of romance associated with marriage.
What you refer to would fall into the category of not so gentle illusions of romantic idealism. My post to you had bit of tongue-in-cheek.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 01:06 pm
Chumly wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Chumly wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Why would we lie?
The gentle (and not so gentle) illusions of romantic idealism.

If anything, married people would be more brutal and honest because we know that there is indeed an element of illusion of romance associated with marriage.
What you refer to would fall into the category of not so gentle illusions of romantic idealism. My post to you had bit of tongue-in-cheek.

say what?

I am really confused today. Confused Embarrassed Laughing
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 01:12 pm
not so gentle = brutal and honest
illusions of romantic idealism = married people
a bit of tongue-in-cheek = a term that refers to a style of humor in which things are said only half seriously
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 06:31 am
How many years have you been married for? 25 years in June

How did your dating begin? Met at a party.

How did you know your relationship was becoming serious? She looked at me one day and said "Wayne, I do believe I am in love with you." At that point, I knew there was no turning back. lol

Do you think that a long dating period before marriage helps its strength? Yes. You need time to get to know each other.

What was the most memorable moment of your wedding day? Easy one. Watching her walk down the aisle toward me and thinking what a lucky guy I was.

How important is it to date a variety of people? I don't think it is all that important.

What habits about your spouse annoy you and how do you resolve this? She never turns out a light when she leaves a room. I've simply learned to live with it, after all, it sure isn't worth fighting about.

What role does religion/faith play in your marriage? We both believe strongly in Christ and are involved in numerous ministries within the church.

If you have children, how did the arrival of your first baby, change your marriage? It made us work a bit harder in finding quality time for just the two of us.

What role does communication have in your marriage? Huge role. We always talk things out and discuss every decision.

What methods of conflict resolution do you use? ( Who usually "wins" and why?) Neither of us usually "wins", although in all honesty, after discussing a situation, she will more often than not go along with me.
0 Replies