Coulter Cleared in Florida Vote Probe

okie

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 10:36 am
Sure, why not, and along with the other tens of thousands of people, mostly Democrats. The link I provided earlier said that 12% of the New York City people were Republicans. I don't double register, and I fail to see why any reasonable, honest person should try to do it in order to vote twice for president.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 10:41 am
I voted 5 times for Kucinich, I figured he needed all the help he could get.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 11:19 am
okie wrote:
Sure, why not, and along with the other tens of thousands of people, mostly Democrats. The link I provided earlier said that 12% of the New York City people were Republicans. I don't double register, and I fail to see why any reasonable, honest person should try to do it in order to vote twice for president.

Everybody who moves from one state to another or from one town to another etc. who wants to vote must reregister to vote and will be 'double registered' for the elections in that voting period. That is not illegal. Double registering with the intent to vote more than once is.

I should qualify my previous post to indicate that I did use the wrong word. I should have said investigate instead of prosecute. Evenso, among those many thousands of voting 'irregularities' identified in Florida and New York and numerous other places, I wonder how many were investigated with their names emblazoned in the headlines and made fodder on radio talks shows and on the evening news and in all the blogs out there during that process? I'm going to guess pretty damn few.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 12:45 pm
okie wrote:

So, you have NEVER moved in your life okie?

Double registering is often the problem of a person moving, registering in a new state, but not being removed from the voter rolls where they previously lived. In most cases it isn't the fault of the person registered. They can't force election officials to update their rolls and remove names.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 01:10 pm
So I take it you are not concerned about double registration and voter intent when they double register? In an election that was determined by a few hundred votes, you apparently argue that double registration with intent to vote twice was no factor for fraud and therefore should not be investigated?

Great reasoning, Parados. Keep up the good work.

If laws need to be updated to prevent this fraud, then lets do it.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 02:50 pm
I take it you have some evidence to support your claim of "intent to vote twice" or are you just blowing smoke again? Being registered in 2 places doesn't prove any intent. It doesn't even come close to implying intent. Nor is

Unless you have some evidence I see no reason to believe that registration with 'intent to vote twice' was any factor in any race. The voter rolls are public. Anyone can cross check them to find who could have voted twice in the same race.

If you have any evidence fill out the form supplied by the Florida secretary of state to report it.

Laws were updated in Florida in the late 90s to make it a felony instead of a misdemeanor to put false information on your voter registration form. Now it seems that some feel that it shouldn't be charged when someone does that. Changing addresses is one thing. Putting an address where you don't live and have never lived is something else, don't you think okie?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 03:48 pm
Okie, do you believe that Coulter gets a pass because Dems broke the law? That doesn't seem to be the right-wing way.

One doesn't cancel one's registration when moving. But you do take an oath at the new place. Here, Coulter lied under oath.

I think you got pretty upset when Clinton lied. Is this hypocrisy?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 05:48 pm
dyslexia wrote:
gungasnake wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
All this time I thought Rat Land was 2 words.

The precedent is obvious enough, England, Deutschland, and not Angle Land or Deutsche Land.

There'd be a couple of other more complicated things you might try, like DeMoKKKerRatLand, Liberalia, FruitsNNutsLand etc. etc. but all of them would sound convoluted and none would really have any sort of a good ring to it. "RATLAND" does (have a good ring to it).

I mean, you're getting some excellent advice here and you're not even being charged a consulting fee, it doesn't really get much better than that.
Possibly Vespuccieland. Oh, and yeah another possibility would be America. But i suppose not to right wing-nuts who hate diversity. Freakin' clones.

mongooseland ?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 07:18 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Evenso, among those many thousands of voting 'irregularities' identified in Florida and New York and numerous other places, I wonder how many were investigated with their names emblazoned in the headlines and made fodder on radio talks shows and on the evening news and in all the blogs out there during that process? I'm going to guess pretty damn few.

It's in today's Albuquerque Journal (page 10, a reprint from the Wshington Post [Voter-Fraud Myth Led to Justice Department Exodus,
by Harold Meyerson):

Quote:
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 12:47 pm
And the article, while interesting, again did not in any way address the point I was making.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 01:02 pm
Sorry, but even the U.S. Election Assistance Commission (EAC) doesn't have more data.
0 Replies