Coulter Cleared in Florida Vote Probe

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 06:52 am
Quote:
Kudos to ABC for having some integrity there.

E&P published on May 11, 2007 10:50 PM ET; that was then published by Huffington Post. The original report was by AP/Palm Beach Post, based on the Sheriff's Office press report.

ABC come later and shortened original AP-report.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 06:55 am
you don't need smarmy liberal press to smear people when you've got oh say.... smarmy swift boat vets for instance, on payroll.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 06:56 am
If you can believe this, they actually used to tell us that "Nobody is above the law" when I was in school. Can you believe that? Another one of those quaint ideas like the idea that "politics stops at the water's edge".....
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 07:01 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
you don't need smarmy liberal press to smear people when you've got oh say.... smarmy swift boat vets for instance, on payroll.

Those guys were basically putting their lives at risk making the statement they did with SlicKKK KKKlintler still in power. Try asking Vince Foster, Jim McDougal, and Ron Brown what might have happened to them had Algor won.....

Start thinking about the coming divorce, and how you plan to run your country without any laws afterwards. You might even want to have a motto saying "EVERYBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW".
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 07:03 am
gungasnake wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Those guys were basically putting their lives at risk making the statement they did with SlicKKK KKKlintler still in power. Try asking Vince Foster, Jim McDougal, and Ron Brown what might have happened to them had Algor won.....

Start thinking about the coming divorce, and how you plan to run your country without any laws afterwards. You might even want to have a motto saying "EVERYBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW".

horseshit.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 07:05 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
gungasnake wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

horseshit.

You mean the idea of everybody being above the law? I mean, you're right that could never work in a normal country, but that's not what I'm talking about here; I'm talking about a country with just demoKKKrats in it....
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 12:53 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Ann Coulter's...consistently brilliant, perceptive, and funny....her journalism is always on target and you can't fault her on the accuracy of what she says.
Laughing
I literally ROTFLOL! In fact, I very nearly wet myself. Thank you so much for the hearty guffaw.

Foxfyre wrote:
The truly disgusting part of all of this is that the liberal press from the Huffington Post to the AP and everything in between eagerly put the accusations of voting irregularity right up there with other urgent news....

What the hell are you talking about? HP is a blog--are we really considering blogs part of The Press now? I can't comment on the AP's coverage, but I watch CNN and Fox and read the online edition of The New York Times just about everyday and A2K is the first place I heard about it. Hardly seems like much if any of The Press thought this an urgent story at all.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 01:10 pm
Voting in the wrong precinct -- how does this defend oneself from a stalker? I give the lawyer credit for having an excellent imagination.

Coulter was also facing charges for evading local taxes. Does anyone know the disposition, if any, of this?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 08:29 am
If somebody uses a 'false' address, it is more difficult for a stalker to track down the person they are stalking. Of course the 'false address' could also inadvertently cause the person to be assigned to the wrong precinct for voting which apparently was the case with Ann Coulter.

From this morning's Newsmax bulletins that I receive in my e-mail:

Quote:
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 08:56 am
Foxfyre wrote:
If somebody uses a 'false' address, it is more difficult for a stalker to track down the person they are stalking. Of course the 'false address' could also inadvertently cause the person to be assigned to the wrong precinct for voting which apparently was the case with Ann Coulter.

Quote:

Newsmax... snort...
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 09:14 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

Quote:

Newsmax... snort...

But it would be OK if it came from the dailykos?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 09:26 am
Facts are facts no matter where they come from and the truth is the truth no matter what the source. Newsmax neither complimented nor criticized Coulter in the piece. They simply explained what the issue was and why the case was dropped. I'm sure that is terribly disappointing to all those who wanted it to be a really big deal that would send Coulter to prison.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 09:30 am
frankly I wasn't even aware of the situation. coulter is that much of an horse faced, nasty, inconsequential c**t to me.... Laughing
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 10:09 am
I wonder how the FBI has jurisdiction in a stalker case.

I am still holding out hope that she joins Paris Hilton in the clink because of alleged tax fraud.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 11:12 am
Turns out the FBI agent was Coulter's ex-boyfriend...

Stay tuned, I highly doubt you've heard the end of this one, because getting your boyfriend in the FBI to pressure local cops to drop charges against you? Not exactly the American way of Justice, there...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 01:45 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Stay tuned, I highly doubt you've heard the end of this one, because getting your boyfriend in the FBI to pressure local cops to drop charges against you? Not exactly the American way of Justice, there...

Cycloptichorn

Where did you see this? Interesting!!!!
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 02:05 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

But most certainly it is, and epitomizes a thinking that refracts the idea of equality under the law to madness and spawned an America where being as illegal for a rich man to sleep under a bridge as a poor man proclaimed as "justice."

Ms Coulter used "stalker" prevention as an excuse for voting in the wrong place, regardless that the fbi had investigated the alledged stalker, eight years earlier and found nothing to charge the guy with. The incredible stretch is having an FBI agent call into an investigative unit without the local law enforcement asking for the help. Someone asked the FBI to call and likely it was a political decision, not a legal one. Ms Coulter refused to ever meet with the investigating officer, clearly any questions she might have offered untruthfully or truthfully one finally would hope, could have been used against her if contradictory to past statements. So at least her lawyer was competent to have her avoid contact with any law inforcement or justice officials.

So likely this was the deal, Ms Coulter signed government documents (voting records), and lied doing so, knowingly. She got caught and when it appears likely that whatever she said today could lay groundworks for perjury, she went around the artificies of the justice system and sought and got political favors.

as Sinatra sang....." Thats America to me!"

Either the women was too lazy to do the right thing by straightening out her own personal voting situation, or she was too stupid to remember it or figured with typical disdain conservatives usually have for the efficiency of democratically run government bureaucrats, the government official would likely be some dumb black or lower middle class white she could bamboozle with bull$hit if she was caught.

She ran into bad luck, the government bureaucrats weren't dumb, she got caught, the system worked, it prevented a person voting at a polling station who held credentials that would have determined and prevented her from voting at that place. It goes to the heart of how "voter fraud" operates.

What Ms Coulter did was flail around mucking it up so bad that she had to call in political favors to impact the judicial process; that's generally forbidden to do as it begens to appear to the average citizen like the game is rigged towards those with political power. What's worst for this problem then is that it strikes to the heart of conservative judicial philosophy, viz., that laws are immutable and only a nation of laws can function, because nations of men do not, except I guess when it is conservatives breaking "the Law," then no harm no foul.

Its just a bit fascinating to see the curtained ripped away to reveal Oz working behind the scenery so clearly.

After all what do Ann Coulter and OJ Simpson have in common..........

Each is not a pencil thin blond female neurotic with advanced signs of syphilitic dementia or an old black man with a tad of a temper and swollen hands.....

Nope, each is wealthy enough to buy "justice."

"Thats America to me!"
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 02:10 pm
Question here.....

How're you losers gonna throw people you don't like in prison after the divorce, when you're living in RATLAND, and EVERYBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW???
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 02:20 pm
All this time I thought Rat Land was 2 words.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 02:25 pm
gungasnake wrote:
Question here.....

How're you losers gonna throw people you don't like in prison after the divorce, when you're living in RATLAND, and EVERYBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW???

The most interesting things is those engaging in the smear campaign on Coulter here aren't posting any sources. You can find this bit of 'information' posted and quoted and requoted on just about every idiot blog out there, but not much seems to be available from any credible news source. Of course those who hate Ann Coulter wouldn't possibly make something up would they? Maybe the FBI guy and Coulter were an item at some point, but it would be nice to have that confirmed by some source more credible than the Daily Kos or other leftwing blogs who aren't giving their sources either.
0 Replies