Coulter Cleared in Florida Vote Probe

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 05:12 pm
I guess the left on here is going to cry again.
One of their favorite targets has been cleared....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=3165779

Quote:
Conservative commentator Ann Coulter was cleared of wrongdoing after an investigation into whether she violated Florida law by voting in the wrong precinct.

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office closed the case April 12, concluding "there was insufficient probable cause to determine that Ann Coulter willfully or deliberately" violated any laws
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,743 • Replies: 70
No top replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 06:48 pm
Re: Coulter Cleared in Florida Vote Probe
mysteryman wrote:
I guess the left on here is going to cry again.
One of their favorite targets has been cleared....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=3165779

Quote:
Conservative commentator Ann Coulter was cleared of wrongdoing after an investigation into whether she violated Florida law by voting in the wrong precinct.

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office closed the case April 12, concluding "there was insufficient probable cause to determine that Ann Coulter willfully or deliberately" violated any laws

Well finally some common sense. Isn't it interesting that given all the voting irregularities in Florida from oh, say the 2000 electrion as an example, that Ann Coulter is the only person brought up on charges for improper voting?
0 Replies

miguelito21

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 07:40 pm
Was this issue really one of the "left"'s favorite source of criticism? She's been cleared, good for her. That's a rather trivial and unimportant issue, and it doesnt clear the numerous voting irregularities that occured in the 2000 elections that Foxyfire mentioned. This one is merely distraction
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 08:31 pm
Her career is so over that shes going to be Rosies Bitch.
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 08:55 pm
farmerman wrote:
Her career is so over that shes going to be Rosies Bitch.
Laughing
I laughed so hard I have the hiccups.

mysteryman: was this a focal story for anyone? I consume a fair amount of news (CNN, Fox, NYTimes.com, etc.) most everyday and I hadn't even heard of this. And was she charged or just under investigation. Frankly, if any of the officers had simply read some of her tripe, then they would have known she's just not smart enough to figure out in which district she's supposed to be voting.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 09:06 pm
Always leave it to mysterymeat to leave out the juicest, most imformative part:

Quote:

Quote:
County Supervisor of Elections Arthur Anderson, meanwhile, decried what he called "FBI intrusion." He referred the Coulter case to PBSO after poll worker Jim Whited originally reported the incident.

"This doesn't bode well in terms of the public's impression that celebrities receive preferential treatment," Anderson said. "I'm curious about how anyone can justify the FBI's intrusion."

Good to have help in high places when you commit federal crimes, eh?

Used a wrong address to feign a stalker who wasn't considered one by the FBI, yeah right.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2007/05/11/m2a_jose_col_0511.html

Sadly this goes against the ideas of inherent states rights in the Federalism espoused by many conservatives, and their thunderous silence is deafening. But consistency from conservatives? Easier a pig would fly.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 09:22 pm
Quote:
But consistency from conservatives? Easier a pig would fly.

They seem to be consistently of the opinion that laws don't apply to them the same way they do to others.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 05:11 am
miguelito21 wrote:
Was this issue really one of the "left"'s favorite source of criticism? She's been cleared, good for her. That's a rather trivial and unimportant issue, and it doesnt clear the numerous voting irregularities that occured in the 2000 elections that Foxyfire mentioned. This one is merely distraction

If the dems are so concerned about voting irregularities in Fl,is that why they dont even want their own Fl primary to count this year?
THey are just gonna assign the delegates,irregardless of who wins the primary.

That sure seems like "making sure all the votes count" to me.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 05:20 am
so can we add Coulter to the list of far right maniacs whose ass mysteryman likes the flavor of? Laughing
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 05:23 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
so can we add Coulter to the list of far right maniacs whose ass mysteryman likes the flavor of? Laughing

Nope.
I have never listened to her or read any of her writings.
She is a little to extreme for me.

But,when she was first accused of voter fraud,some of you on here acted like she was guilty,without allowing there to be any investigation.

Some of you had already convicted her.
I was simply pointing out that the law determined that she had done nothing wrong.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 05:47 am
Ann Coulter's stock in trade is being extreme inher satire, outrageous sometimes, across the line of good taste at times, and reasonably consistently brilliant, perceptive, and funny. Whatever one thinks of her or her occasionally uncivil delivery style, her journalism is always on target and you can't fault her on the accuracy of what she says. Conservatives often wince at how she says it and of course liberals hate her because she is conservative while giving the Bill Mahers and Al Franckens and any number of politicos and Hollywood stars from their side a complete pass on far more vicious rhetoric.

And so it goes that in typical liberal fashion, Coulter is automatically pronounced guilty for voter fraud as if she should have any reason to vote in the wrong precinct. The same people, however, especially in Florida that is the butt of national jokes re voter incompetence, are selectively indignant and howl that it is politically motivated to accuse Democrats of improper practices re voting and elections.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 06:00 am
mysteryman wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Nope.

But,when she was first accused of voter fraud,some of you on here acted like she was guilty,without allowing there to be any investigation.

I was simply pointing out that the law determined that she had done nothing wrong.

bullshit. you were gloating and trolling. the fact that you're delighted she got let off the hook when admittedly you know little about her just shows that all you care about is someone on "your team" winning.

congratulations MM, you're just the same as the people who display values you disapprove of. Please turn in your black frock, sensible shoes and support hose as you are no longer allowed to do the Superior Dance.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 06:01 am
Can someone explain, where Coulter had been pronounced guilty for voter fraud and by whom?

I mean, such can happen everywhere (though usually some official would have send her to correct place).

The reason why she voted in the wrong precinct was explained by her lawyer ("stalking incident").
The reason why she didn't cooperate with the officials was not explained.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 06:03 am
why would she not cooperate with officials? maybe to keep her out front in the news and sell a few more books?

I hear she's saving for that tricky operation to have her adams apple removed so she can finally actually be a woman.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 06:04 am
Well, she was "cleared of wrongdoing in an investigation into whether she violated Florida elections law by voting in the wrong precinct" according to Detective Kristine Villa, Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

And "Coulter and her attorney did not cooperate with authorities during the investigation, according to the report. The detective was never able to question Coulter."
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 06:08 am
and she added 45 seconds to her 15 minutes.... which btw is just about up....
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 06:23 am
The truly disgusting part of all of this is that the liberal press from the Huffington Post to the AP and everything in between eagerly put the accusations of voting irregularity right up there with other urgent news and I'm sure they were all salivating at the delicious prospect of the conservative satire queen being convicted of a third degree felony.

Now that the case is resolved and Coulter is absolved of any wrong doing, I bet you have to look long and hard for any publicity about that, much less front page or prominent coverage.

Kudos to ABC for having some integrity there.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 06:37 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Nope.

bullshit. you were gloating and trolling. the fact that you're delighted she got let off the hook when admittedly you know little about her just shows that all you care about is someone on "your team" winning.

congratulations MM, you're just the same as the people who display values you disapprove of. Please turn in your black frock, sensible shoes and support hose as you are no longer allowed to do the Superior Dance.

So now you are a mind reader,and know what I was thinking??
I said exactly what I meant,nothing more.

You are free to assume whatever you like from that.
I dont read her writings and I dont listen to her.
Assume whatever you want from that.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 06:40 am
mysteryman wrote:
miguelito21 wrote:

If the dems are so concerned about voting irregularities in Fl,is that why they dont even want their own Fl primary to count this year?
THey are just gonna assign the delegates,irregardless of who wins the primary.

That sure seems like "making sure all the votes count" to me.

W was 60K votes ahead when Algor called to conceed with 30 minutes left before polls closed and then it was dead even 25 minutes later.

In real life, that does not happen; somebody simply manufactured 60K votes and missed his tally by a couple thousand. In fact the only way anybody was later able to create a "dimpled" or "hanging" chad was by trying to punch twenty or thirty of the cards at once; i.e. the infamous dimpled and hanging chads were basically artifacts of vote manufacturing.

In fact they even caught one rat official driving around the next morning with a Flori-duh voting machine in the trunk of his car which, in a democracy like ours, is the political equivalent of driving around with a neutron bomb in your trunk.

Did anybody ever pay for any of these crimes? The obvious answer, hell no, the laws don't seem to ever apply to demoKKKrats.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 06:48 am
Ann Coulter on the disparity of justice in this country, March 7:

http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/article.cgi?article=173

Quote:
0 Replies